• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

No, I can't imagine what would change that would cause that. I suggest replacing the header tags files in admin to see if that fixes it. You can safely replace those as long as they are from the same version.

Jack

Tryed that Jack, with various files from that contribution, but all seem to do the same.

Its chances that maybe its clashing with a contribution on there i have added, I dont know, very strange, as it all ran fine before.

Luckily the keywords are getting added per product the same, and the index is holding some keywords added prior to errors. If I find any solution, I will post in case anybody gets the same.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an issue with the extra infobox on in column_left.php that I wanted to share with the thread. During the HTC installation, I added the extra infobox that contains the product title and description. This was working great until I added some new products. After that, ALL the infoboxes in column_left.php were REALLY wide for some reason, but only on some products. I determined that the product name was too long on certain products and that the HTC infobox was expanding to accomodate the name length and therefore blowing everything else up. I simply commented out the HTC infobox and now everything is working correctly.

This is the code for the infobox...

if (basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO)
  include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'header_tags.php');

Is there a simple was to trim the product name to a certain number of characters in the above if statement?

Thanks if you know, hope this info helps anyway;)

We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

Under TEXT CONTROL I changed entries for default and index. (therefore that pic added). I guess thease changes MUST be observable somewhere... But so far nothing happens.
The index section is for the home page. Whatever is displayed there should be on the home page.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I had an issue with the extra infobox on in column_left.php that I wanted to share with the thread. During the HTC installation, I added the extra infobox that contains the product title and description. This was working great until I added some new products. After that, ALL the infoboxes in column_left.php were REALLY wide for some reason, but only on some products. I determined that the product name was too long on certain products and that the HTC infobox was expanding to accomodate the name length and therefore blowing everything else up. I simply commented out the HTC infobox and now everything is working correctly.

This is the code for the infobox...

if (basename($PHP_SELF) == FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO)
  include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'header_tags.php');

Is there a simple was to trim the product name to a certain number of characters in the above if statement?

Thanks if you know, hope this info helps anyway;)

In includes/boxes/header_tags.php, change this line
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $tags_array['title']);

to this

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => substr($tags_array['title'], 0, 20));

where 20 is the length you want to display and can be whatever you want.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

In includes/boxes/header_tags.php, change this line
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $tags_array['title']);

to this

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => substr($tags_array['title'], 0, 20));

where 20 is the length you want to display and can be whatever you want.

Jack

Thanks a lot Jack, I'll give 'er a whirl later tonight:)

We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

Using HeaderTags_V_2.6.2+typo on new store.

Observed behavior:

If I put an apostrophe in the default title, default description, or the default keywords field and then click on update, all looks as it should.

When I revert back to the text control page, the apostrophe now looks like -> '''. If I use a \' then I get ''''''' upon returning to the text control page.

Any thoughts on this?

Hi All,

Thanks for this great contribution..

I've added it and all is working ok locally (i.e I can dd title, keyword, description etc in products/categories)..

..except I can't click on the Header Tags link in Admin - it gives the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function GetPermissions() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\admin\header_tags_controller.php on line 20

Anyone know how to correct this problem??

If it's chmod related..how do I set chmod on files when working locally and not on the server?

Thanks for your help.

Marv

The GetPermissions function is unique to Header Tags. You must not have installed the file from the contribution.

Jack

Thanks Jack_mcs. The dumbass that I am had put the 'header_tags.php' from the catalog area into the admin side too!

Now I'm error free..page loads up fine now although I get the pink warning on the top of the screen:

Permissions settings for the C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

and..

Permissions settings for the C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

Is this cos I need to chmod those two files to 755 or 777 ?

If so, what can I use to do this on Windows? I am able to chmod files permissions via my FTP client to files on the server but not locally. IfI change on the server then bring over to my PC the permissions are not caried through.

How do you chmod on local PC?

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem...anyone who logs in gets a pre-populated shopping cart. Now I know you are going to say that this has NOTHING to do with Header Tags Controller - however you are mistaken. I have reloaded ALL contributions 3 times on my site from scratch and have narrowed the contribution down to Header Tags. I have Paypal IPN loaded on my site, and if I add Header tags Controller, once a person logs in to their account on the site, the previous customers shopping basket populate their shopping cart. I haven't narrowed it down to what page on the catalog side, but if I were to take a guess I would say its the index page somehow. I also think if I were to narrow it down even further at guessing that it has to do with the area in the <head> of the page.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, any fixes? If not, Any suggestions...I do like the contribution, but its a little freaky to customers when $100 or more of merchandise just shows up in their cart...Doesn't make them feel safe and secure with that fuzzy feeling...Can't say I blame them.

Thanks for any input!

Teresa

Edited by ttstitches

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem...anyone who logs in gets a pre-populated shopping cart. Now I know you are going to say that this has NOTHING to do with Header Tags Controller - however you are mistaken. I have reloaded ALL contributions 3 times on my site from scratch and have narrowed the contribution down to Header Tags. I have Paypal IPN loaded on my site, and if I add Header tags Controller, once a person logs in to their account on the site, the previous customers shopping basket populate their shopping cart. I haven't narrowed it down to what page on the catalog side, but if I were to take a guess I would say its the index page somehow. I also think if I were to narrow it down even further at guessing that it has to do with the area in the <head> of the page.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, any fixes? If not, Any suggestions...I do like the contribution, but its a little freaky to customers when $100 or more of merchandise just shows up in their cart...Doesn't make them feel safe and secure with that fuzzy feeling...Can't say I blame them.

Thanks for any input!

Teresa

The code doesn't change anything that would cause that. The problem is with cache (you most have the settings incorrect in your shop) and I suppose that having Header Tags installed could make the cache show up differently, although I doubt it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code doesn't change anything that would cause that. The problem is with cache (you most have the settings incorrect in your shop) and I suppose that having Header Tags installed could make the cache show up differently, although I doubt it.

Jack

I'll buy that!! I'm certainly no expert! In Admin configuration under Cache, I do in fact have it set to false, as I my provider/host has recommended.

The following configurations should not be turned on in Netfirms Commerce Pro:

Configuration section:

-Logging

-Use Cache

-Email Options: do not use SMTP option for the E-mail Transport Method as this is not supported in Netfirms Commerce Pro.

-Sessions: Force Cookies Use should always be set to "False"

Why???!!! I don't know, but I have it set to false because I was told to. I don't remember seeing anything in the installation of Header Tags that said it should be set differently, but as I said before I'm no expert and maybe missed it. I don't see any other place to set any cache settings anywhere so I am supposing, in your opinion, this is what I have set wrong?

Thanks again, Jack, for getting back to me...your expertise is very helpful in my pursuit of understanding how the store works.

Best wishes and kindest regards

Teresa

This isn't a Header Tags issue. Since it makes it difficult for others using Header Tags to follow the thread, such questions should be asked in the general support forum.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This isn't a Header Tags issue. Since it makes it difficult for others using Header Tags to follow the thread, such questions should be asked in the general support forum.

Jack

Sorry to bother you!

It's not a bother. It is just posted in the wrong place. It is hard enough for anyone to find previous fixes in this thread due to its size. The addition of unrelated posts makes it even more so. This really applies to all threads, on all forums (anywhere).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Just installed the latest version.

No matter what settings I change in the store admin, The default settings are used in all pages except the product image popup?

I have SEO URLS and Extra fields contribs installed which conflicted with some of the file updates which I thought I had worked round.

I get no errors anywhere, just the default strings on every page apart from the product image popup which looks to be working properly.

Hopefully this common fix??

Thanks Frank

If every thing is working in admin as far as Header Tag is concerned, then the problem is either in your index.php, includes/header_tags.php or english/header_tags.php files. Try replacing the last two with those from the package to help isolate the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If every thing is working in admin as far as Header Tag is concerned, then the problem is either in your index.php, includes/header_tags.php or english/header_tags.php files. Try replacing the last two with those from the package to help isolate the problem.

Jack

Thanks Jack, that fixed it, don't know how I messed up doing something as simple as that??

Hi,

Just installed and all seems to be working well.

However when in a category the description appears to the left of the product list in what appears to be a new column.

for example http://abacus-ise.co.uk/shop/index.php/cPath/23_101

I would have expected it to be in the same area of the page as "lets see what we have here".

Is this right?

I have looked at the changes I made to index.php (lines 70 & 78) and can't see that I've made a mistake.

Am I looking the right place?

many thanks

Hi,

Just installed and all seems to be working well.

However when in a category the description appears to the left of the product list in what appears to be a new column.

for example http://abacus-ise.co.uk/shop/index.php/cPath/23_101

I would have expected it to be in the same area of the page as "lets see what we have here".

Is this right?

I have looked at the changes I made to index.php (lines 70 & 78) and can't see that I've made a mistake.

Am I looking the right place?

many thanks

I have just started to install this Contrib, But ran into a problem straight away (almost)

Trying to install version V2.6.2

In the Install_Catalog.txt it says the following

Find the following lines in index.php

<..snip...>

Around line 78:

Find

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

I do not have that code in my index.php file

Infact HEADING_TITLE does not appear in my index.php file.

I am missing something blatently obvious?

I have figured out the above.

I removed the Welcome Guest bit of text from the index page.

I also removed the title bit when viewing categories, as I did not want to show it.

I have now managed to install the contrib and all seems to be working well apart from when I go to the "Fill Tags" area within the admin.

When I select "fill only empty tags" or "Fill all tags" for the products, it says it does it, but when I go to view any item I get the following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /mysite/includes/header_tags.php on line 199

If I clear all the tags again, it is OK again.

Any ideas?