• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

I've installed Header Tags V2.62 . I need some helps and would be much grateful if someone may help. The category and sub category title and the title pictures are gone after the changes was made.

I wonder if the problem was related to the following,

In Install_Catalog.txt , it reads

" NOTE: In any page in which you make the change to the title for Header Tags, you should

also locate the line containing HEADING_TITLE, remove the pageHeading class and

add the h1 tags as above. "

Does it mean to make the following changes in other files , such as about_us.php , shipping.php ...... ?

Find

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
   <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
  </tr>

and replace it with

<td><h1><?php echo $category['categories_htc_title_tag']; ?></h1></td>
          <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
          <?php if (tep_not_null($category['categories_htc_description'])) { ?> 
         <tr>
          <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
          <td><h2><?php echo $category['categories_htc_description']; ?></h2></td>
         </tr>
         <?php } ?>

I have made such changes in other files. after then , the title and small pic next to the title in Category page are gone.

my web site is www.keimod.com you may go into the category or about_us, shipping .... page , you will know what I mean. Please help.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to be able to control the title and meta tags in the shipping page, then you would need to add the code that goes in the <head> section to that file (shipping.php). You should also replace the

with

<td><h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1></td>

You would need to do this for any page you want to have control over. It is not required though. The index and product_info files are given since they control all of your categories, manufacturers and products as well as the home page. The other code you show is just for the index.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you want to be able to control the title and meta tags in the shipping page, then you would need to add the code that goes in the <head> section to that file (shipping.php). You should also replace the

with

<td><h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1></td>

You would need to do this for any page you want to have control over. It is not required though. The index and product_info files are given since they control all of your categories, manufacturers and products as well as the home page. The other code you show is just for the index.php file.

Jack

thanks for your help, Jack . i had misinterpreted the instruction in the install_ catalog.txt , sorry.

for the product sub category , is it correct that the title was disappeared after the code changed ? If not, what should I do in order to make the title shown again in the sub category page ?

thanks for your help, Jack . i had misinterpreted the instruction in the install_ catalog.txt , sorry.

for the product sub category , is it correct that the title was disappeared after the code changed ? If not, what should I do in order to make the title shown again in the sub category page ?

o.k. problem solved. after " fill all tag " , thanks !

If you mean the title on the page, as opposed to the browser title, yes that is normal. You need to run Fill Tags as explained in the documentation.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I have the same page title (description and keywords) on every product page and category page. It is the text filled in 'Header Tags/Text Control/Default title, Default Description and Default keyword(s)'.

Of course I filled 'Product Title Tag:' 'Product Description Tag:' and 'Product Keywords Tag:' on product page but it does not work.

My shop:

sklepdlaciebie.pl

Product with filled 'Product title tag':

sample page

Everything was ok until I clicked 'Update' on 'Header Tags/Text Control' page.

What should I do to make unique page title on every product and cat. page?

Thank You for Your help and sorry for my english,

Adam

Hey Jack, Congrats on your 10,000 posts! You are a big help to all of us in osCommerce land. Way to go! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I installed Header Tags for the first time and I keep getting this error when trying to access the header part of my admin:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare changeswitch() (previously declared in /homepages/18/d93477801/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php:12) in /homepages/18/d93477801/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 12

I did a search in my admin folder and there is no other file with the changeswitch function, I've tried reinstalling the contribution 3 times and it always does the same thing. The website works fine, it's just the admin side that has a problem. Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi all,

I have HTC 2.6 installed with STS 4.2 and it works great, thankyou. I have a question about wysiwyg editors and in particular Tinymce, i searched the forum but it only returned 3 posts all of which didn't give me the info i was looking for.

Is anyone using HTC with Tinymce?

I installed it and the editor showed as expected on the new product page (all meta boxes had the editor on but that's expected as I didn't specify which ones to use it on). The problem is that when showing on the live end I end up with a couple of '//>' in the middle of the page - someone else had the same problem with HTC installed. If I then set the product_info page to show it's text (is it HTCA checked - i think) in the meta tags as specified in page_text (in admin) this text then all shows in the product_info page not just the //>. Also the title in IE header comes up with all sorts of funky stuff like <xml....

If I also then go back to edit the product in admin all text boxes have the same text even though I only put text in the english description box first tiome round.

Anyway, I suppose if someone has them working it is possible!

Hope this makes some sense.

Many Thanks

Becki

I just want to know whether to carry on with trying to get it working or whether it's a lost cause!

Hey Jack, Congrats on your 10,000 posts! You are a big help to all of us in osCommerce land. Way to go! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks. :)

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed Header Tags for the first time and I keep getting this error when trying to access the header part of my admin:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare changeswitch() (previously declared in /homepages/18/d93477801/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php:12) in /homepages/18/d93477801/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 12

I did a search in my admin folder and there is no other file with the changeswitch function, I've tried reinstalling the contribution 3 times and it always does the same thing. The website works fine, it's just the admin side that has a problem. Any help would be really appreciated.

That function is only called by the header_tags_english.php file. You will need to determine where the code is calling it a second time. Search your files for changeswitch and it should only appear twice.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is anyone using HTC with Tinymce?

Anyway, I suppose if someone has them working it is possible!

Hope this makes some sense.

I just want to know whether to carry on with trying to get it working or whether it's a lost cause!

The two work fine together on the product info page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The two work fine together on the product info page.

Jack

Jack,

Are you using them? Do you know then which contribution download works with HTC?

I tired this one http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,tinymce but that didn't work correclty - lots of issues with the meta tags appearing on the actual product info page etc.

I see this one: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,tinymce which I haven't tried.

I know TinyMce is the same but the installation instructions might be different. Anyway when i tried the one I did the persons instructions were pretty much the same as the TinyMce ones.

Do you know if there any tricks or 'tunes' to play to get them working together?

Mnay Thanks

Becki

Jack,

Are you using them? Do you know then which contribution download works with HTC?

I tired this one http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,tinymce but that didn't work correclty - lots of issues with the meta tags appearing on the actual product info page etc.

I see this one: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,tinymce which I haven't tried.

I know TinyMce is the same but the installation instructions might be different. Anyway when i tried the one I did the persons instructions were pretty much the same as the TinyMce ones.

Do you know if there any tricks or 'tunes' to play to get them working together?

Mnay Thanks

Becki

No, I don't use them but have installed it in many shops. I used the first one you mentioned, only because it was available at the time. I imagine the other works just as well since the editor code is the same.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have the same page title (description and keywords) on every product page and category page[...]

Jack, can You help me please?

I have restored my shop from backup and installed HeaderTags one more time (this is my third). After installation everything looks ok: when I fill 'Product Title Tag', 'Product Description Tag' and 'Product Keywords Tag' everything looks great - I've unique 'Product title' for every produkt etc.

Of course I'd like to change 'Default title' or title for index, product_info and other pages. Problems starts when I click 'accept' button on 'Header Tags/Text Control'. After that there is the same title, keywords and description on every product page (this is text filled in 'Default title', 'Default descripstion' and 'Default keyword(s)' on header_tags_english.php).

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Problem solved (I suppose). The file /catalog/includes/header_tags was almost empty, I don't know why. Now it's overwrited with file from contribution and everything works, even after adding new pages to admin/Text control.

Jack, thank you for great contri.

Adam

Yes, it can.

Jack

Hi, Jack,

I have tried to install V2.6.2 following the instructions from the contri. But this is error messages I got:

Not Found

The requested URL /database_setup.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the reques

I have upload all database changes in ../include/language/english ... in the same directory as index.php. Do you konw why.

Thanks in advance

Charles

You have to upload the database file to the server. It is in the Database Files directory of the contribution.

Jack

Yes. I followed the instructions to upload the database files to the server at directory : pulic_html/includes/languages/english where is index.php in. Unless I should upload to another dirctory. Any idea?

Thanks,

Charles