• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Sorry for delay and thank you for attention.

It seems Fill tags option doesn't want to fixe changes that I want to update.

When I change window, attributes repear at starting. >_<

Any idea of the missing?

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say, "everypage has the same tags and header," are you saying the title of your home page is the same as your shipping page which is the same as your products page (and so on)? Or are you referring to specific pages?

Jack

Hello Jack,

Yes all the pages have the same title. Is this correct? I thought that each page had a different title etc..

Maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Lee.

Sorry for delay and thank you for attention.

It seems Fill tags option doesn't want to fixe changes that I want to update.

When I change window, attributes repear at starting. >_<

Any idea of the missing?

I seem to recall someone else having this problem and it turned out to be a bad installation. You might want to read back through the thread (although it could be as much as ten pages).

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

Yes all the pages have the same title. Is this correct? I thought that each page had a different title etc..

Maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Lee.

No, it's not correct. If you followed the directions in the install files, then the home page should be named Home Page and the categories and product pages should be named whatever those categories and products are named. You might want to try re-reading the instructions, as well as the How To Operate file to see if you missed anything.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Just now installing HTV v2.6.2. I have a question regarding the HEADING_TITLE in other pages. Here is how I did it, hopefully right. <td valign="top"><h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1></td> and I left the line below as it was. Did I do this right?

In product_info.php (around line 104)

FIND

<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

REPLACE with

<td valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_name; ?></h1></td>

<td align="right" valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_price; ?></h1></td>

NOTE: In any page in which you make the change to the title for Header Tags, you should

also locate the line containing HEADING_TITLE, remove the pageHeading class and

add the h1 tags as above.

I have anther question: After installing just the catalog side of htc v2.6.2, I dont see "Home Page" in my title. I also noticed there is no

FIND

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

CHANGE TO

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

in my sts_display_output file.

any advice would be appreciated. thanks

In answer to your first question about h1, that is correct.

For the second, I think it depends on which version you have. I haven't looked at the STS files in quite a while but I think that code was moved. I'm sure Bill will correct me if he sees this. ;) You might want to ask in the STS support thread for that problem though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In answer to your first question about h1, that is correct.

For the second, I think it depends on which version you have. I haven't looked at the STS files in quite a while but I think that code was moved. I'm sure Bill will correct me if he sees this. ;) You might want to ask in the STS support thread for that problem though.

Jack

Could that be the cause of my not seeing "Home Page" in my title? Other than this I dont see any problems. I just went over again all the instructions in catalog install txt and it looks like everything is as you stated. The only other diff I noticed is at the beginning of the instructions, you didnt list the box folder and its contents as needing to be uploaded but I did it anyway. The zip file I downloaded said htc v2.6.2 but inside the files it reads 2.6.0. Probably doesnt matter I suppose. I left it as it was.

Ive uninstalled HTC v2.6.2 and Im getting this error. Ive deleted all the files in the catalog directory (the only files I uploaded) and done a compare of the index.php file with the osc catalog file and dont see any differences. Im not sure what to do now. Im thinking this error may be due to my uploading the database_setup file but not sure how to delete that.

Warning: main(includes/header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/index.php on line 45

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/header.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/index.php on line 45

Thanks

Ive uninstalled HTC v2.6.2 and Im getting this error. Ive deleted all the files in the catalog directory (the only files I uploaded) and done a compare of the index.php file with the osc catalog file and dont see any differences. Im not sure what to do now. Im thinking this error may be due to my uploading the database_setup file but not sure how to delete that.

Warning: main(includes/header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/index.php on line 45

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/header.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/index.php on line 45

Thanks

Never mind. I inadvertently deleted the header.php file. Dah!

I seem to recall someone else having this problem and it turned out to be a bad installation. You might want to read back through the thread (although it could be as much as ten pages).

Jack

That's all right, Jack_mcs !

I've fitted another time the install and update Fill Tags options.

All done with brun message text... nice.

I appreciat your help and I thank you. :thumbsup:

Bye.

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

Oups! >_<

I don't understand the fitting of permissions codes.

Where do they are attempted to be implanted...? Because when I see the file code, I can't locate where the location point are.

Very frustrating. :angry:

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

Can you reword your question please? I can't understand it.

Jack

My english isn't perfect as I expected. :blush:

To simplify, I have 3 error messages in the admin :

- Permissions settings for the c:/web/easyphp1-8/www/catalog/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

- Permissions settings for the c:/web/easyphp1-8/www/catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

- Page name is invalid -> Page name

I have understand that permission number have to be changed but I haven't understand how...

It's surely a FAQ.

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"

Hi

I was subscribed to this thread but must have lost it at some point.

I have installed 2.5.7 15/04/06 jack mcs already, which was easy to install & works.(done last april)

I have also installed the fix 28/7/06 drachenpaps which I think works too. :huh: (recently)

My question is...I have read all this thread from my last install & am totally confused! :o I'm not sure if I need to upgrade to the latest version. Reading here it sounds like a box appears in the column with links, but I only have one column & it is long enough. Is it OK to leave well alone as I don't want to break anything & I'm not brilliant at sorting out errors! :-" I can't understand what new things are added to my present install.

Is it correct that 2.5.7 is basically the same as 2.5.9 as mentioned in one of the downloads. There are pages of "install from this to that" & "if you have this install that" which is worrying me.

Thanks for your time & effort Jack. :thumbsup:

Julie

Yes, 2.5.7 is basically the same as 2.5.9. To upgrade 2.6.2, you would first need to upgrade to 2.6.0. There are upgrade instructions in the archive. They are relatively simple changes. However, the instructions say to upload all of the files. That is not correct since it would overwrite your main header tags files in the shop, which, presumedly, have been set up for your shop. For those two files, you would need to compare them, or replace them and just add your changes back in.

Should you upgrade? The last two updates contained fixes as well as improvements that makes your shop more SEO optimized. You don't have to upgrade if you are happy with your current version. It will keep functioning as it has been. However, if you want to take advantage of the new options, you will have to. Every little bit of help one can get with SEO should be used, so I think it is a good idea to upgrade.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi guys i have one problem whit header tags when i go write a review appears this menssage

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_header_tag_products_desc() in /home/sat25co/public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 297

the part of the code is this one

/ PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO.PHP and PRODUCT_REVIEWS.PHP

case((basename($PHP_SELF)==FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS) or (basename($PHP_SELF)==FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO)):

if ( HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO=='' ) {

if ( HTDA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['desc']= tep_get_header_tag_products_desc($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']) . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= tep_get_header_tag_products_desc($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']);

}

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO;

}

the line 297 is in blue

can you help me guys

thanks

yes i upload its in na fuction directory and now in some products not all apear this mensage

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /home/sat25co/public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 199

the code is this

if ( HTKA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['keywords'] .= ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;

}

}

if (empty($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag'])) { //if not HTC title in product

if (HTPA_DEFAULT_ON=='1') {

$tags_array['title'] = $cat['cat_name'] . ' - '; //display cat name too

}

if (HTTA_CAT_PRODUCT_DEFAULT_ON=='1') { //if HTCA checked

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO; //show title for this section

}

if ( HTTA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' || empty($tags_array['title'])) { //if default switch on or no entry

$tags_array['title'].= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL; //include the default text

}

} else {

if (HTPA_DEFAULT_ON=='1') {

$tags_array['title'] = $cat['cat_name'] . ' - ';

}

$tags_array['title'] .= clean_html_comments($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag']);

if (HTTA_CAT_PRODUCT_DEFAULT_ON=='1') {

$tags_array['title'] .= ' ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO;

}

if ( HTTA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['title'] .= ' ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

}

}

break;

the line 199 is in blue

can you help me jack

Yes, 2.5.7 is basically the same as 2.5.9. To upgrade 2.6.2, you would first need to upgrade to 2.6.0. There are upgrade instructions in the archive. They are relatively simple changes. However, the instructions say to upload all of the files. That is not correct since it would overwrite your main header tags files in the shop, which, presumedly, have been set up for your shop. For those two files, you would need to compare them, or replace them and just add your changes back in.

Should you upgrade? The last two updates contained fixes as well as improvements that makes your shop more SEO optimized. You don't have to upgrade if you are happy with your current version. It will keep functioning as it has been. However, if you want to take advantage of the new options, you will have to. Every little bit of help one can get with SEO should be used, so I think it is a good idea to upgrade.

Jack

Thank you Jack.

I will have a closer look. My problem occurs when I have to compare files. :blush: I have winmerge but am not really sure how to use it easily or effectively. I can see colour changes but that is all :huh:

Can you explain the new bits to the upgrade please? Are they obvious or something I wouldn't notice?

I know you support this thread well, so I guess I am in good hands. ;)

Julie

yes i upload its in na fuction directory and now in some products not all apear this mensage

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /home/sat25co/public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 199

can you help me jack

Same problem. You need to go back through the instructions since you are missing files. If you are using STS the install is a little different and you should look at the STS package for those instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you Jack.

I will have a closer look. My problem occurs when I have to compare files. :blush: I have winmerge but am not really sure how to use it easily or effectively. I can see colour changes but that is all :huh:

Can you explain the new bits to the upgrade please? Are they obvious or something I wouldn't notice?

I know you support this thread well, so I guess I am in good hands. ;)

Julie

The only files that should affect your installation are the includes/header_tags.php and english/header_tags.php files. They only contain your titles, descriptions and keywords that you set up in admin. The easiest way would be to just replace the files and then go into admin and re-enter that data. that would take you less time than doing a compare, most likely.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons