• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Hi, I used the categories.php file from the install folder of HTC but still I get a blank screen on product_info.php ? Have you got any ideas as to what might be the problem? I had STS 4.2 installed fine but then when i installed htc 2.5.9 on top this happened, the tags work in the index.php pages etc though, just this blank screen at product_info ?

Thanks

Becki

That is a different problem. Using the categories.php file from the contribution will only all the admin section to work properly and help isolate problems with it. It won't affect the product_info.php page. There are only two changes to the product_info.php file: the <title> and the page name code. Although with STS there might be other code required. I suggest going back to the original product_info.php file to get the page to display correctly. Then replace just the <title> section as explained in the documentation. If the page still works, then change the other code.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack, I appreciate all of the help and I will be a hero to get this working so please bear with me...

In the Admin section, I have finally made it so that the page titles "index" and "product_info" are in black. I added pertinent info to the Index section and checked the source and get this line of code:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

The next line is the title information and the base href crammed together.

Below that, I get nothing but this:

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

The next line is the link to the stylesheet and then the head is closed.

From the above, do you have ANY idea what is going on here?

The problem as to be either (or maybe both) the index.php or includes/header_tags.php files. Try replacing the latter with the one from the contribution (save your original). If the title displays correctly, then that file is at fault.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The problem as to be either (or maybe both) the index.php or includes/header_tags.php files. Try replacing the latter with the one from the contribution (save your original). If the title displays correctly, then that file is at fault.

OK... I uploaded includes/header_tags.php from the Header Tags V 2.6.1 to my includes directory. No change at all.

Here's a weird thing, though...

Here is my body tag in index.php:

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

And here is my tag from the source code of index.php:

<body>

What in the world is going on...

Header Tags doesn't change the body tag so there is something else going on in your code.

Yeah... I didn't think that Header Tags did anything to the body tag. I was just commenting on the fact that the tag in my index.php file does match the tag in the source code for index.php and wondering if that could be related.

I think it is...

NOW do you think I should reinstall osC? Can I send you my index.php file and maybe you can see what the heck is going on?

Ok, when I edit a product or add a new one there is no title field and the title disapears after editing.... I redid the entire admin/categories.php file and it is still not working.... Everything else seems to be great though! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

OK... I found sts_display_output.php in includes/modules/sts_inc.

Nowhere in this do I find:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');
require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

Maybe I will just add the lines...

Nothing.

Edited by Cygnus6

Holy Jesus, I did it.

STS is now turned off and our site is a mile wide but there is source code that matches what I see in my HTML editor.

Thank you, Jack. You set me in the right direction and you have written a bad-ass contribution. It is likely that my company will call on yours in the future. Keep doing what you do. :thumbsup:

That is a different problem. Using the categories.php file from the contribution will only all the admin section to work properly and help isolate problems with it. It won't affect the product_info.php page. There are only two changes to the product_info.php file: the <title> and the page name code. Although with STS there might be other code required. I suggest going back to the original product_info.php file to get the page to display correctly. Then replace just the <title> section as explained in the documentation. If the page still works, then change the other code.

Jack

I did use the old product_info page last night with the old categories.php file but still got a blank page!?

thanks

Becki

Then the problem doesn't have to do with Header Tags. Usually a blank page happens becuase the file in the root directory was replaced with the one that goes in the english directory. Since it not a Header Tags problem, you should open a new thread in the general support forum to get assistance with it.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Holy Jesus, I did it.

STS is now turned off and our site is a mile wide but there is source code that matches what I see in my HTML editor.

Thank you, Jack. You set me in the right direction and you have written a bad-ass contribution. It is likely that my company will call on yours in the future. Keep doing what you do. :thumbsup:

Sam, I've been trying to follow your thread but really can not make heads or tails of what you are trying to do.

First, what contribution are you trying to install, HTCv2.6.1, HTCv2.6.0, STSv4.3.3 with HTCv2.6.0???

Second, you say that you do not have any other contributions installed but you see a sts_templates folder? That tells me that STS is or an attempt was made to install some version of STS, whether it be a bundled version along with HTC I don't know at this point in your thread.

It's nearly impossible to try and narrow down your problem and try to help without some more information. :'(

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I did use the old product_info page last night with the old categories.php file but still got a blank page!?

thanks

Becki

Becki, your product_info page issues are probably steming from one of your many contributions conflicting.

Yet, it may be worth your while to edit your .htaccess file as below:

# Add for oscommerce safe engine urls set to true in admin - uncomment to use if you get a blank page while clicking on any product links.
# AcceptPathInfo On

So, uncomment the "AcceptPathInfo On" line and see if that takes care of your problem. Otherwise, I suggest that you upgrade to the "STSv4.3.3 with HTCv2.6.0" bundle contribution that I put together. I know the STSv4.3.3 fixed the product_info.php file since it was known to be buggy and even cause blank page issues like you are experiencing.

Hope this helps,

Bill

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi All,

I have just added this contrib , in addition to SEO Urls, SPPC, CSS Menus, ..

It has gone pretty well, nothing stopped the site working and HTC seems to be doing its thing.

One thing I have noticed was my text that used to display in the page contents header was not saying "Let's see What's here" " "Categories" as I browsed the products...

I thought it was possibly a problem, but I find that all is well and HTC was just waiting for me to populate some info into the categories description..

So now having added such a well thought out contrib.. with trouble free instructions.. (though I had to look at and adjust couple of the admin instruction bits to accomadate the SEO contrib) ..

I can now learn how to opimise the site with its benefits

Thanks to all who have contributed towards the HTC contrib.

Have this error code after following the contribution, anyone shed some light on what I need to do.

1054 - Unknown column 'categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select categories_name as name, categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from categories_description where categories_id = '0' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Major problems....I installed this contrib but I don't know if its working...how can I check? Also in my admin panel when I click on catalog it shows this:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/globhaob/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 910

But line 910 doesn't have any $.....can someone help please. Thanks

Also for some reason on my index.php file it used to say Welcome above the greeting but now it is gone. Also when I go to a product in the header it used to say Site >> Catalog >> Balls >> Product but now it just says Site >> Catalog >> Balls >>

How can I fix this? Thanks

Have this error code after following the contribution, anyone shed some light on what I need to do.

1054 - Unknown column 'categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select categories_name as name, categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from categories_description where categories_id = '0' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

You have to install the database changes.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Major problems....I installed this contrib but I don't know if its working...how can I check? Also in my admin panel when I click on catalog it shows this:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/globhaob/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 910

But line 910 doesn't have any $.....can someone help please. Thanks

Also for some reason on my index.php file it used to say Welcome above the greeting but now it is gone. Also when I go to a product in the header it used to say Site >> Catalog >> Balls >> Product but now it just says Site >> Catalog >> Balls >>

How can I fix this? Thanks

The first two problems are due to mistakes in the installation. The last sounds like you didn't run the fill tags option.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The first two problems are due to mistakes in the installation. The last sounds like you didn't run the fill tags option.

Jack

I fixed the installation problems....but I did run the fill tags and it still appears funny. Site is www.global-x.com.au Perhaps you could take a look and let me know if I did something wrong? Thanks

...added the database file and then went to my site url followed by the filename and nothing happened...

I can't advise you on the installation of this contrib because I don't use it. But with this specific issue, here's my tip:

try to mis-type the file name. If you got a 404 page not found error, then that means you have uploaded the file to the right location and there might be something wrong with the server which prevent the database install scripts from running. In this case you may have to try to run the sql script via phpMyadmin. Also it might be more helpful if you could say exactly what you mean by "nothing happen" - a blank page or else?

HTH

Ken

Edited by GemRock

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

I fixed the installation problems....but I did run the fill tags and it still appears funny. Site is www.global-x.com.au Perhaps you could take a look and let me know if I did something wrong? Thanks
I took a look at the site but Header Tags appears to working correctly. What is it that you think is wrong?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for this Contribution. I've started to install and use it - and it looks great.

I do have a problem on the ADMIN side, and as you will know the install instructions are quite onerous (at the point where we start to amend the admin/includes/function/general.php). I tried to follow the instructions a couple of times, but I had errors when I tried to use it, and after trying twice last night with a fresh version of the general.php file, I gave up (probably temporarily).

I did get to manage to install the catalog files, and the Header Tags Controller in the admin panel.

[i am guessing that the piece I failed on allows me to amend the keywords etc. easily, so in the meantime I will be using phpMyAdmin for this].

My question is this : When using the Header Tags Controller for updating tags for selected (non product) files (i.e. those that reside in the root directory of the catalog), which Table does the Header Tags Controller update in the database? [as I would like to see the table and perhaps amend in phpMyAdmin].

Thanks in advance.