• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Define Main Page Contribution

I installed the "define mainpage mod and now I get this error

Warning: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/cellar/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 313

Can anyone help me?

This may sound stupid, but, did you double check to make sure everything is installed and proper changes have been made??? I just installed it yesterday and now it works fine. You do need to be careful when editting the text...

Installation instructions Error:

**CATALOG STEP 2 --> DEFINE catalog/includes/filenames.php:

// define_mainpage

define('FILENAME_MAINPAGE', 'define_mainpage.php');

// define_mainpage_eof

REPLACE WITH:

// define_mainpage

define('FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE', 'define_mainpage.php');

// define_mainpage_eof

Cheers Lee

actually that fixed the problem on the catalog end but in the admin im getting this message: Parse error: parse error in /home/cellar/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 40

yeah, you missed the bracket in the file,

Check admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

or replace yours with this

<?php

/*

$Id: catalog.php,v 1.21 2003/07/09 01:18:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- catalog //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'));

if ($selected_box == 'catalog') {

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_DEFINE_MAINPAGE . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');

}

$box = new box;

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- catalog_eof //-->

Cheers Maxidvd

Make sure you have uploaded the file named define_mainpage.php to the admin folder,

Sounds like its not there..

"Page cannot be found"

Cheers Lee :lol:

I'm still trying to get this to work. I see the auther updated it in the contribution section of this site but the download zip file is empty.

My problem is still in the admin the "mainpage link" goes t oa page cannot be found. The actual link points to a FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE

When go directly to the define_mainpage.html in the browser I get a screen that has an error that says TEXT_FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST

if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it

The actual link points to a FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE

you need to do this:

**ADMIN

===============================================

ADD this line

define('FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE', 'define_mainpage.php'); // DEFINE MAINPAGE

TEXT_FILE_DOES_NOT_EXIST

You also need to do this:

**CATALOG ===============================================

Must SET Full Read Write RWRWRW 777 Permission on this file!!

===============================================

catalog/includes/language/(YOUR_LANGUAGE_FOLDER)/define_mainpage.php

This information is from the instructions file

Thanks for the help. I just went ahead and downloaded the new version and reinstalled it and now everything works fine. Thanks again for taking the time :D

Well I thought I had it. Everything works now in the admin. It even lets me change and save in the admin but when I save and go to the catalog end it reads this error on the homepage Parse error: parse error in /home/cellar/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/define_mainpage.php on line 27

any suggestions?

Open the define mainpage via admin, you need to get rid of "

$mainpage_title = "We've just installed the" module!";

$mainpage_info = "

" module v1.3 by Matthijs ([email protected])

<p>

This module demonstrates how easy it can be to adapt existing code in OSC.<br>

All I had to do was add one single line to define_languages.php (admin) to make

sure it always looks for the mainpage.php file. Obviously I had to then implement it

in the Admin & Catalog side, but that's not a big deal as you've just found out.<p>

You can edit the contents of this file from within the Admin ( -> CATALOG -> DEFINE MAINPAGE)<br>

For other, less advanced layouts choose either German or Spanish from the language menu. (Provided you've installed

those languages)<p>If you can't open/edit the /[language]/mainpage.php file you should probably set the right permissions. You'll get a warning anyway.

<p>Todo? Future plans? World peace through superior fire power... ehmm.. <br>no I mean a preview option ;)<br>

And perhaps make a few templates for the layout...<p>

I'd appreciate an e-mail if you use this, I'm curious...<br>

Later,<br>

Mattice

"

Change to

$mainpage_title = "We've just installed the Define Mainpage module!";

$mainpage_info = "

Define Mainpage module v1.3 by Matthijs ([email protected])

<p>

This module demonstrates how easy it can be to adapt existing code in OSC.<br>

All I had to do was add one single line to define_languages.php (admin) to make

sure it always looks for the mainpage.php file. Obviously I had to then implement it

in the Admin & Catalog side, but that's not a big deal as you've just found out.<p>

You can edit the contents of this file from within the Admin ( -> CATALOG -> DEFINE MAINPAGE)<br>

For other, less advanced layouts choose either German or Spanish from the language menu. (Provided you've installed

those languages)<p>If you can't open/edit the /[language]/mainpage.php file you should probably set the right permissions. You'll get a warning anyway.

<p>Todo? Future plans? World peace through superior fire power... ehmm.. <br>no I mean a preview option ;)<br>

And perhaps make a few templates for the layout...<p>

I'd appreciate an e-mail if you use this, I'm curious...<br>

Later,<br>

Mattice

"

Something to do with the oscommerce stripslashes function, will look at it later.

If you remove the double quotes " completely the error will disapear.

• 8 months later...
Thanks for the help. I just went ahead and downloaded the new version and reinstalled it and now everything works fine. Thanks again for taking the time :D

What is the link to the new version of the contrib?

Knowledge is Power!

• 2 weeks later...