• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Rewards/ Point System

I am wanting to offer my customers 1 point for every dollar they spend on our site. These points come with different level of rewards such as, 200 Points = $15.00 Gift Certificate

200 = FREE Promotional Item

400 Points = $35.00 Gift Certificate

I am also looking for a way in which my customers can carry an account balance on our website. For example when we issue a store credit the amount of that credit would be added their account balance. When they place their next order it would automatically apply the account balance to the order. So for example if they have $50 in their account and they place an order for $60, they would only have to pay $10 and the other $50 would be deducted from their account balance.

The account balance would have many other possibilities. For example you could do things like "We Will Give you $5.00 to Join our Newsletter". Or instead of running a storewide % sale you could simply send out your newsletter and say "To show our appreciation of your business we have depsited $5 into your account".

Anyone know how to do something like this? Would anyone else be interested in something like this?

If you know how to do this and would be willing to do the work please let me know and I will do my best to pay for the work. If others are also intersted we can pool our money together and pay the programmers to do the work.

Thank you

Hi

There is NO CONTRIBUTION that offers a true points rewards system.

Neither the GV?Coupons contribution nor the Loyalty discount contributions. Ive used both. They are brilliant BUT if you think they will do this, you are just wasting your time.

Want to see a points rewards system in action ? visit www.euroffice.co.uk

I am also desperate for some help to get a true points rewards system. And i would be willing to pay too. I am sure the LOGIC behing the loyalty discount contribution, COMBINED with the tracking and 'totals' reporting in the Gift voucher contribution are the key to getting a points system.

If anyone is willing to help, then PLEASE do respond. If it costs me, fine.

I will pay and then give it freely to the OSCom community.

Best regards

Maz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

If only this were available.

I have shopped at many sites with loyalty points and the incentive for me to return and shop is very high - you've got some free points - not quite enough for a free product - but you'll be damned before you let them go to waste - so you spend some more cash to get your freebie

EVERYBODY likes the idea of something for nothing.

This should be on the workboard (heh heh - like everyones not reeeeaaalllly busy !)

If I had more advanced skills I'd be signing up to this one - I am looking at it with other PHP geeks so if we figure how to link the tables to the customer and a sound reimbursement system we'll have a crack !

Bascially you want a GV contrib that assigns baby gv's based on the shopping cart being processed at checkout !

Maybe need to have temp fields for Shopping baskets which validates when transaction is completed or deletes if session expires.

Something to think about - job 1,023 on my list !

JB

;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...