• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Basic Template Structure v1.0 - For MS2

Brenden

BTS along with other contribs such as Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons

There has been some progress on this.

@jdelgado: It's a pitty they use the old BTS1.0, or maybe some version we can't download here.

Edited by sparky

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Brenden,

I hope you can help me.

I have BTS set up. It works fine ... except ... I don't have a menu option in the control panel so I can choose to turn it off.

I want to disable template switching and set a default template.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi Darla,

Hi Brenden,

I hope you can help me.

since I don't expect Brenden to show up, and it is a BTSv1.2 feature (Brenden created the BTSv1.0). I will try to help you instead :)

Did you load to BTS.sql file to the database? If you did it should work.

hth

Paul

Hello Paul,

Thank you very much for helping. I can say that the support provided in this forum is outstanding. It's the reason I came back to Oscommerce after venturing off to one of the branches of it.

Yep ... I loaded the BTS.sql file through phpMyAdmin.

I have it installed on one of my other sites, and it works perfectly. I checked settings against settings, and it all appears to be the same .. so I'm just stuck ;)

Thanks in advance!

Hi Darla,

Yep ... I loaded the BTS.sql file through phpMyAdmin.

I have it installed on one of my other sites, and it works perfectly.  I checked settings against settings, and it all appears to be the same ..

Sounds almost impossible :unsure:

I this case I would load the BTS.sql once again, make sure you don't get an sql error message.

And you could browse the catalog "configuration" table to see if you can find the BTS settings there or not.

If you sort descending on "configuration_id", you should find something like this:

144  Template Switching Allowed  TEMPLATE_SWITCHING_ALLOWED  true  Allow template switching through the url (for easy...  1  22  NULL  2004-01-31 12:30:50  NULL  tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),

143  Default Template Directory  DIR_WS_TEMPLATES_DEFAULT  fluid-1d  Subdirectory (in templates/) where the template fi...  1  22  2004-02-18 22:18:33  2004-01-31 12:30:50

About the support: don't think there are many companies that have a support team with about 27363 members :blink:

:D

LOL,

YOu know, my partner always teases me that al the "firsts" happen to me. So hearing that it's "almost impossible" is nothing new ;)

I'll go reload the sql ... I did get that message the first time I loaded it .... but I've made some changes since then ....

Maybe, inadvertently ......... naaaah.

;)

Take care!

• 2 weeks later...
Missing from popup.tpl.php:

BODY { margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 10px; margin-right: 10px; margin-top: 10px; }

This missing results in the popup image image alignment looking a bit funny.

It took me quite a while to find out what actually happened to the popup images (not that I really tried hard ;) ) but now I finally understand what's wrong.

By osC default the 'popup_image.php' does not load any styles at all, that way the default browser margins are being used (which depend on the browser version, but are usually more than '0').

But the BTS 'popup_image.tpl.php' loads the "catalog/stylesheet.css" in which the body margins are set to '0'. That's why the popup image is in the upper left corner.

So to get the default popup image behaviour you can delete the link to the stylesheet in 'popup_image.tpl.php'.

And if you do need CSS control over the popup image I would recommend to replace the link to the stylesheet (in 'popup_image.tpl.php'):

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

by:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo DIR_WS_TEMPLATES; ?>popup_image.css">

And create a file called popup_image.css in your default template directory, and add the styles for the image popups to this file.

Or you can add "in document" styles to 'popup_image.tpl.php' of course,

like this for example:

<style type="text/css">
<!-- 
body {
margin: 10px;
}
-->
</style>

(replacing the same stylesheet link in 'popup_image.tpl.php')

:o 'popup_search_help.php' and 'popup_image.php' both use 'popup.tpl.php' as a template!

That means that you will need to add some styles for the 'popup_search_help.php'. Otherwise your search help popup (pops up after clicking "Search Help [?]" in advanced_search) will look a bit weird.

• 1 year later...

there seems to be nothing basic about this template system... i'm trying to figure out where the hell everything is.. and it's such a FRICKIN HEADACHE!... does anyone have documentation anywhere? arghh so frustrated... i bought an oscommerce template.. and trying to make it work w/ the bts system... needless to say.. it's utterly difficult for me to do... i'm gonna go have a smoke

Edited by majestique

there seems to be nothing basic about this template system... i'm trying to figure out where the hell everything is.. and it's such a FRICKIN HEADACHE!
:lol:

Did you notice how old this thread is btw?

Mar 18 2004, 03:14 PM
:-"

Maybe better use this:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71930

At least that one is about the latest versions :)

• 3 months later...

Okay, I'm warning you up front, I have the most minimal php experience possible. By that I mean I can copy and paste code when adding a mod, but I sure can't write code on my own, or read it.

That said, I'm using BTS. I figured out how to add the code for the boxes. What I can't figure out is how to add code that will make the content change depending on what category or manufacturer someone selects. I'm sure there is simple php code to resolve this issue, and am thrilled by any help.

Lynn

Old thread... Hopefully it is still read by the smart OCS BTS folks.

I am attempting to install the PayPal Website Payments Pro Contribution located here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3716

This contribution is not designed to work with the template system I currently have, Basic Template Structure (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1263/category,all/search,template+1.3).

Basically these files need to be converted to the BTS format, which I have been unable to do...

/catalog

- checkout_confirmation.php

- checkout_payment.php

- checkout_shipping.php

- checkout_success.php

- create_account.php

- create_account_success.php

- login.php

- shopping_cart.php

Hopefully someone could help me out, I have tried using WinMerge to no avail. Please if you can.

Chad

[email protected]

hey all

I've tried searching for the answer hear and throughout the forum. Hoping someone can help.

I'm trying to adjust the site for a fixed width. Do I have to create a new css file?? Or where can it be adjusted? I've tried using the fixed width contribution with no success while using the BTS.

This code is in the configure_bts.php but to be honest I don't really know what it means :(

/ BTSv1.5d

unset($javascript,$content,$content_template,$boxLink,$box_id,$box_base_name);

// css_page_width is a sort of easter egg, it allows you to change the page width

in pixels for the CSS template through the url

if (isset ($_GET['css_page_width'])) $css_page_width = strip_tags($_GET['css_page_width']);

hi

can somebody please help me, im trying to duplicate login.php. i want to create login2.php where i will put additional wordings, and leave login.php just as it is, but i couldnt figure it out with BTS OSC. what are the steps in doing this? or atleast tell me what are the files to be edited.

i appreciate any help.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

quetion?
I would like to use this template on my site. www.eeweb.nl/osc-bts/i...r=32-final
It is a oscommerce template that is used with BTS. What do I need to do to make this work on my site?

answer
a step by step tutorial of adapting an existing template to osC+BTS forums.eeweb.nl/viewtopic.php?t=125

Pls i need this tutorial...i m looking for years.... THANKS