• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Basic Template Structure v1.0 - For MS2

Brenden

Hello All..

I read every thread on this topic 3 times and still can not find a definite anwser to this error. I've seen other with trhe same error but no answer..

here the error

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'templates/TEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /www/docs/frontier/catalog/testingserver/index.php on line 150

I've searched hi an lo still no answer.... anyone else have lick with fixing this error..

and yes I do hve it defined in filenames.php and configure.php..

it's everywhere.

here is configure.php

define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', 'templates/');
 define('DIR_WS_CONTENT', DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . 'content/');
 define('DIR_WS_JAVASCRIPT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'javascript/');

and here is filenames.php

// define the templatenames used in the project
 define('TEMPLATENAME_BOX', 'box.tpl.php');
 define('TEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE', 'main_page.tpl.php');
 define('TEMPLATENAME_POPUP', 'popup.tpl.php');
 define('TEMPLATENAME_STATIC', 'static.tpl.php');
define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', 'templates/');
 define('DIR_WS_CONTENT', DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . 'content/');
 define('DIR_WS_JAVASCRIPT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'javascript/');
define('CONTENT_CHECKOUT_PROCESS', 'checkout_process');

as you can see i added the call to DIR_WS_TEMPLATES in both filename.php and configure.php just to see if that was the problem...

thanks for any help on this matter..

jello

<span style='font-family:Courier'>If you can't fix it Perl it!!!...</span>

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry hit the add reply button to soon (couldn't edit post anymore after :( ?)

Yes overkill, I use BTS.

Ware can I find more information on BTS. Forum ?s Site?s

:D

Hi Floor,

use google and search for:

osc css
(it seems I am not allowed to post the links here).

B.t.w. it might be usefull to use BTS and STS together after all, did you try these both and did it work?

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Small BTS bug

Trying to edit your address after the BTS is installed on osC2.2, (you can try using "prullenbak at chello.nl" password "test101" at: http://www.eeweb.nl/winkel/address_book.php )

results in the following error:

Warning: main(includes/javascript/address_book_process.js.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site82/fst/var/www/html/winkel/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 11

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/javascript/address_book_process.js.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site82/fst/var/www/html/winkel/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 11

I think this happens because in "catalog/address_book_process.php" there are these lines (line 239/240):

$content = CONTENT_ADDRESS_BOOK_PROCESS;
 $javascript = $content . '.js.php';

While "javascript/address_book_process.js.php" does not exist because the original osC "address_book_process.php" does not contain any java script.

My solution change line 240 to:

/*  $javascript = $content . '.js.php'; */

You can also delete the line of course, or create a file "javascript/address_book_process.js.php" if you would like to add javascript to the "catalog/address_book_process.php".

This small bug applies to all versions of the BTS including BTSv1b.

If someone can confirm this (to be sure it isn't just an error I made myself somewhere), please do.

PaulM

Edited by paulm2003

I am using BTS affiliate and when trying to login as an affiliate I receive the following error:

Warning: main(templates/content/CONTENT_AFFILIATE.tpl.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/kiesysc/public_html/QC3/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 47

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'templates/content/CONTENT_AFFILIATE.tpl.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kiesysc/public_html/QC3/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 47

Could someone please help me understand this?

Small BTS bug

Trying to edit your address after the BTS is installed on osC2.2, (you can try using "prullenbak at chello.nl" password "test101" at: http://www.eeweb.nl/winkel/address_book.php )

results in the following error:

Warning: main(includes/javascript/address_book_process.js.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site82/fst/var/www/html/winkel/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 11

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/javascript/address_book_process.js.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site82/fst/var/www/html/winkel/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 11

I think this happens because in "catalog/address_book_process.php" there are these lines (line 239/240):

?$content = CONTENT_ADDRESS_BOOK_PROCESS;
?$javascript = $content . '.js.php';

While "javascript/address_book_process.js.php" does not exist because the original osC "address_book_process.php" does not contain any java script.

My solution change line 240 to:

/* ?$javascript = $content . '.js.php'; */

You can also delete the line of course, or create a file "javascript/address_book_process.js.php" if you would like to add javascript to the "catalog/address_book_process.php".

This small bug applies to all versions of the BTS including BTSv1b.

If someone can confirm this (to be sure it isn't just an error I made myself somewhere), please do.

PaulM

Paul,

You are correct that this is a bug in the BTS. The reason for the error you were receiving is that the javascript file that is called in the script in incorrectly named.

Your solution to comment out (or delete) the offending line of code would indeed remove the errors, however, it would also prevent the form data on the address_book_process.php page from being validated by the javascript.

The best solution to the errors is to simply rename the file that is incorrectly named. That file is found in catalog/includes/javascript in the default BST download. You should change the file address_book_process.php to address_book_process.js.php and reupload the file to your web server. That should resolve the error messages and allow the form validation to work correctly.

Eric Stamper

I am using BTS affiliate and when trying to login as an affiliate I receive the following error:

Warning: main(templates/content/CONTENT_AFFILIATE.tpl.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/kiesysc/public_html/QC3/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 47

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'templates/content/CONTENT_AFFILIATE.tpl.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kiesysc/public_html/QC3/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 47

Could someone please help me understand this?

Jeff,

I have not used the BTS Affiliate, however, from a quick glance at your error message, it appears that your file names may not be correctly defined in the catalog/includes/filename.php file. You should have two definitions in that file that look something like this:

define('CONTENT_AFFILIATE', 'affiliate');

and further down on the page:

define('FILENAME_AFFILIATE', CONTENT_AFFILIATE . '.php');

If you do not have those page definitions, then osCommerce will not know where to look for your affiliate pages. Again, I have not looked at the BTS Affiliate, but hopefully this will give you an idea of where to start looking.

Eric Stamper

B.t.w. it might be usefull to use BTS and STS together after all, did you try these both and did it work?

Paul,

You can use the BTS and the STS together with a bit of code tweaking. I am using both of them together very successfully. Since STS doesn't change alot of the files in the default osCommerce, it isn't really very difficult to implement.

A few of the things that come to mind off the top of my head that needed some changes are:

1. The STS handles the javascript differently, so I had to change the STS code a little to work with BTS.

2. The built in metatags with BTS needed to be coded into STS. This was more or less just and include statement.

Both the BTS and STS are great contributions and they really help to keep a site organized and make it much easier to edit code and layout.

Eric Stamper

Hi Walt and plmx,

I think Ive figured out the problem.  You never open catalog/includes/main_page.tpl.php in your browser.  The only files you ever open in your browser are in the catalog/ directory.  Open catalog/index.php in your browser.

Hope that Works.

Brenden

Hi Brenden,

I?ve got the same problem like Walt and plmx, but I didn?t understood your answer.

You never open catalog/includes/main_page.tpl.php in your browser.

The install.txt tells me

You can now change the site wide look of your store by modifying catalog/templates/main_page.tpl.php.

Isn?t there any menu to customize the look?

Have I do this by modifying the php code?

Thanks for your answer.

Martin

You never open catalog/includes/main_page.tpl.php in your browser.

The install.txt tells me

You can now change the site wide look of your store by modifying catalog/templates/main_page.tpl.php.

Isn?t there any menu to customize the look?

Have I do this by modifying the php code?

short answer no,yes

Hi Martin,

I think Brenden won't be around here anymore for a while. So I will try to answer it.

To change the main look of the site you have to edit catalog/templates/main_page.tpl.php using for example an HTML editor or simple text editor. You don't have to edit the php itself unless you really want to. Just leave anything between <?PHP and ?> as it is, or move it if you think you need to. The BTS is only a template structure, not a template system, so you do have to know how to edit HTML and some CSS.

For a (pre-)view of any changes you make, just open catalog/index.php in your browser. It is not usefull to open "catalog/templates/main_page.tpl.php" or other .tpl files in your browser, this is only the template.

I hope this helps you :)

PaulM

• 2 weeks later...

HELLPPP!!! I hope you guys can help me...

I am currently using the BTS layout... and here is the problem I'm having...

I'm playing with a live site here so I need to try to figure this out as soon as I can... I hope...

I installed the Down For Maintenance 1.1b and it works fine... but the problem I'm having is that its using the default osCommerce layout... I don't know how to make my BTS layout come out instead... I've stared at the coding for hours and hours and have tried everything... (I'm a bit of a PHP newb)... and I'm about to pull my hair out. Because of this... I can change a file and never know what its really gonna look like because its stuck on using the default osCommerce layout.

Can someone please please help me... I tried adding...

require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . TEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE);

to the end of the php file included with the DFM contribution but that didn't seem to work and I dunno enough of PHP to make it all work out.

Please please... if someone knows the answer... please post it here.

I'm playing with a live site here so I need to try to figure this out as soon as I can... I hope...
:huh: :blink:

Which version of the BTS do you use?

And do I understand you already have used the BTS before, and it worked fine untill you updated?

Edited by paulm2003

Hi !!! OMG thanks for replying :)

I'm using BTS v1.0b... It works fine and I have the site set up the way I want but after I installed the Down For Maintenance 1.1b... well that works fine too except it uses the default osCommerce... I need it to use the BTS templates... and its not setup to do that and I dunno what I need to change to make it work so that it uses BTS... because of this... when I make changes to the site to update... I can't see what I'm doing because its using the default osCommerce format... and doesn't show any of the BTS style...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Ahhh nm I got it... it doesn't solve the problem but it still works this way...

I forgot to enter my ip address into the config so that it would let me into the site to work on it :P so it works that way and I can still see the site fine without having to redo the down_for_maintenance.php to fit BTS... I just hid all the content besides the Maintenance text so that that's all the vistors sees and since I logged my ip into the configuration... I can see the site just fine...

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen this addressed yet, but please forgive me if I missed it (and point me in the right direction).

Can someone explain the interaction between the original catalog/stylesheet.css file and the new catalog/templates/stylesheet.css file? Are they both being used? Are they used for different and/or specific things? Does one take precedence over the other? Any help in understanding the relationship between the two would be appreciated!

Hi John,

Can someone explain the interaction between the original catalog/stylesheet.css file and the new catalog/templates/stylesheet.css file? Are they both being used? Are they used for different and/or specific things?

Because I think this is not a BTS1.0 issue I decided to post my answer at the BTS1-1 support thread at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67749&st=0 .

Hope to see you there :)

exact post: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...10entry275387

Edited by paulm2003

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this is the right place to post this. This is the latest thread that I could find...

H1 in popup_search_help.tpl.php, makes text big which should be small - needs to be removed

Missing from popup.tpl.php:

BODY { margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 10px; margin-right: 10px; margin-top: 10px; }

This missing results in the popup image image alignment looking a bit funny.

ALSO the style sheet used in this file is old one not the templates/templatename/style one. - needs to be changed.

Suggestions:

Move many template related images into templates/templatename/images folder such as infobox corners, logo etc. I've done this and it works well.

I think I made a few other changes as well, these are the ones I could remember. Spent the last 16 or so changing the thing.

Anyway hope this helps.

EDIT: I'm using BTSv1.2.zip with patch A and B. (arg was annoyed with patch A - had made some of those fixes before noticing it fixed them! Oh well.)

Edited by cShaun

Hi Shaun,

The official BTSv1.2 support thread is at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1263

Don't know if this is the right place to post this. This is the latest thread that I could find...
I started a new thread, because I thought the BTSv1.2 issues would have nothing to do with the older BTS version (and that appeared to be true). But I admitt it can be confusing.

H1 in popup_search_help.tpl.php, makes text big which should be small - needs to be removed

Missing from popup.tpl.php:

BODY { margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 10px; margin-right: 10px; margin-top: 10px; }

This missing results in the popup image image alignment looking a bit funny.

ALSO the style sheet used in this file is old one not the templates/templatename/style one. - needs to be changed.

Suggestions:

Move many template related images into templates/templatename/images folder such as infobox corners, logo etc. I've done this and it works well.

All very good points indeed! The header was supposed to go around the header "<?php echo HEADING_SEARCH_HELP; ?>", I never have opened this screen myself (only after reading your post about the error). And I indeed missed the stylesheet link in popup.tpl.php it never crossed my mind to take a look at it :) . Also moving all layout images to the "templates/templatename/images folder" is a good idea of course. That also makes your templates portable.

And sorry for patch-a, I decide to change the directory names at the last minute before uploading the BTSv1.2, that's where it went wrong. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info!

cheers,

Paul

I'd send you my updated files, but I've also made other changes... If I remember or see anything else I'll post it up for you.

Yeah the infobox corners really does need to be in the templates/templatename/images folder, for portability. Would be nice to do the same with the buttons I guess, but then you need to change the whole languages structure. Might get a bit confusing, cause then all the languages wouldn't be "kept togehter".

Has anyone used BTS along with other contribs such as Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons (Version 5.10) or other Group Discount-type Modules? I am using MS2+BTS and everything works great, however, when you start adding other contribs the site breaks.

These other contribs are obviously made only for clean MS2. Can someone help me with this?

Feel free to email me at matt at vmwake dot com.

Thanks.

www.vmwake.com

@swrecruiter: did you crosspost? (or did my answer dissapear? well I assume you got the PM I sent you about it)

Yeah the infobox corners really does need to be in the templates/templatename/images folder, for portability. Would be nice to do the same with the buttons I guess, but then you need to change the whole languages structure.
It could be done using CSS buttons, that way the buttons wouldn't have text, but the texts would be "printed on top" of the graphical (or non graphical if you like) buttons.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

I've become very interested in the Basic Template Structure but found it a little tricky to install since there were several versions and patches and bug fixers that I had to download and install one by one.

I guess you've already realised that I am not a good programmer ... and you're 100% right!

The thing is that browsing around this forum I've seen some member website that provides a full OSC package that integrates more than 30 nice contributions all ready to use after you've done the usual OSC installation.

They offer that special OSC to their webhosting clients but also give it (obviously for free since it is still 100% OSC product) to anyone else that goes to their website.

IMPORTANT: I must say that I am not related at all with them.

I am not either I client of them (I manage my own servers) and I don't even know who they are.

But I've found very interesting that this OSC package (called by them: OSC MS2 + CRE Loaded v.6) is becoming very well known around our OSC community and there are even Templates Developers interested in working for this particular OSC Package.

Here it is where you can get it:

http://osc.chainreactionweb.com/demo/november-loaded/november-loaded.zip

These are the 34 Contributions preloaded in it:

http://phesis.co.uk/modules.php?name=Conte...=showpage&pid=1

I've just installed it (it is really amazing how easy it all went) and works very well.

So far (I'm just playing with it for an hour or so) I really must say that it is very recommandable.

And now my question:

Do you know of a set of Templates that I could add to my OSC?

This OSC package comes with 3 or 4 but I would like to add some more.

I'll also make my own and share it with the OSC community if you find them interesting.

Regards,

Jose

Jose Delgado

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"I wish I were smart enough so I could end all my posts with one of those famous and brillant phrases!"

J. Delgado, amateur philosopher (2003)