• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Basic Template Structure v1.0 - For MS2

Brenden

have you installed the patch that Brendan made available for download from his site?

Patches for BTS ver1.0 can be found herehttp://www.w3design.ca/files/

Yes I did, that only fixed some of the issues. Now that I look at the link now why is my Tell A Friend still not working?

Weird, gonna have to check that out again.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a similiar, but yet different problem that other folks are having.

Here's the error:

Warning: main(includes/javascript/formcheck.js.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache/vhosts/smallbusinessideas/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 11

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/javascript/formcheck.js.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php/includes') in /usr/local/apache/vhosts/smallbusinessideas/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 11

In reading through the posts, I have done the following:

1. Re-copy & paste the 3 lines into the config file

2. Delete & recreate javascript directory

Also, just for kicks, I've tried hardwiring the javascript directory in the main template file - same problem.

I know that my includes directory itself is working correctly b/c the rest of the site works perfectly.

The only pages that I've come across that are breaking like this are the ones that call Javascript.

Ideas??

Thanks!

Chris

Whenever you see the words "FILENAMES" in an url it is because you are missing the defines for that url in filenames.php check there

Thanks Blue,

That fixed it. That file did not even exist. It was supposed to be poiting to ACCOUNT_NOTIFICATIONS not PRODUCT_NOTIFICATIONS.

BTW, OregonBum, I believe the answer to your problem is on page two of this thread about six posts down.

heres a link http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...er=asc&start=10

And also on page three about 9 posts down

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...er=asc&start=20

Sammy

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

I have found some bugs with page titles

so i think,,, some pages were coming up with

NAV_TITLE so here is a fix, DOWNLOAD

there is a few files that i didn't see reference to in

./includes/meta_tags.php  

Those are:

account_edit.php

account_history.php

account_newsletters.php

account_notifications.php

account_password.php

address_book.php

address_book_process.php

checkout_shipping_address.php

If you run into the same problem, as i did grab the fix i've included

a readme file that should explain what and where

THX

:wink:

Hey xxGeek,

I found more Page Title errors. How easy is it for me to fix these if I chose to?

The errors are found in these files:

address_book_process.php

create_account.php

I think that is it.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

hey hey sorry for being down the drain a while

hang on i'm going to go through my stuff to see ho and where to

make the changes can't remember of the top of

my head.

btw laptops and candles are fun LOL

The more you do, the more you learn

btw laptops and candles are fun LOL

HUH??? :roll:

Thanks Sammy!

Your Welcome. Thats how things work around here. You Scratch my back I scratch yours. I needed help many times, and still do, when I first started posting and the community came to the rescue most of the time so I try to do the same. If I can help I will.

Anyways...

I fixed most of my issues, other then the Titles issue, but I still have one other problem.

"Tell A Firend" still does not work for me.

when I submit an email and click on the "envelope.gif" all I get is this page:

http://www.jehova-nisi.com/product_info.ph...hp?products_id=

BTW, "No Encontrado" means "Not Found"

has anyone else had this issue?

BTW,

Geek the answers to my problems where in the previous posts. Thanks. I guess I had the same problem Oregon had, where I've just been reading too much lately and I missed it. But I found it now.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

FORGET IT!!!

I'M SO STUPID!!!!

I just noticed why tell-a-friend was not working. I was trying to make it work as if it were a stand alone tell a friend script. Not realizing it is meant to be used to send a friend a link about a product.

I'M SO FREAKIN' DUMB! OMGLJ!!!!

:D

Thanks for all the help ya'll...

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

ok got it :wink:

just drop those lines in /includes/meta_tags.php

case CONTEN_THE_MISSING FILE_NAME:

define('META_TAG_TITLE', HEADING_TITLE . PRIMARY_SECTION . TITLE . $web_site_tagline);

define('META_TAG_DESCRIPTION', TITLE . PRIMARY_SECTION . HEADING_TITLE . SECONDARY_SECTION . WEB_SITE_KEYWORDS);

define('META_TAG_KEYWORDS', WEB_SITE_KEYWORDS . HEADING_TITLE);

break;

once you open meta_tags.php you'll see the pattern,

just follow tht and you'll be fine.

to be more specific to the problem posted your code will be:

case CONTENT_ADDRESS_BOOK_PROCESS:

define('META_TAG_TITLE', HEADING_TITLE . PRIMARY_SECTION . TITLE . $web_site_tagline);

define('META_TAG_DESCRIPTION', TITLE . PRIMARY_SECTION . HEADING_TITLE . SECONDARY_SECTION . WEB_SITE_KEYWORDS);

break;

case CONTENT_CREATE_ACCOUNT:

break;

btw: the laptop and candles.........power loss in the area,

a total blackout of most us eastern seabord, so i think :?

The more you do, the more you learn

btw: the laptop and candles.........power loss in the area, a total blackout of most us eastern seabord, so i think :?

Oh! Yeah It did not affect me or anyone around here for that matter.

That did it. I figured that is what I needed to do but I wanted to make sure, so I didn't brake anything. Thanks for the help.

I guess the site is almost set to launch. A couple of things here and there and BOOM, we're off and running to make millions. :D

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

I'd like to see to what extent someone can customize their site with BTS!

I'm sure someone has done something awesome! And if not, then I'm a designer (struggling with PHP)... if someone who is killer with OSC wants to colaborate with me over the weekend then we can bust out some great work...

- Doug

I've been working on this for awhile now and all I get is this:

Warning: main(DIR_WS_INCLUDESmeta_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in e:websitesmy.netosccatalogtemplatesmain_page.tpl.php on line 5

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_INCLUDESmeta_tags.php' (include_path='.;c:phpincludes') in e:websitesmy.netosccatalogtemplatesmain_page.tpl.php on line 5

Would the (include_path='.;c:phpincludes') have something to do with it, since the drive on my server is e: and if so, where do I change it?

Thanks

Would the (include_path='.;c:You'd probably change it in WINNTphp.ini, but that probably is not the problem. You would be using a relative path (i.e. the . is what is important).

For some reason, your DIR_WS_INCLUDES is not getting defined. Verify that the require('includes/application_top.php'); line is above 5 in the file that is giving the error. If not, you need to shuffle the lines so that application_top.php is included before any other includes/requires are processed.

Hth,

Matt

This is by far one of the most useful mods I have seen.

From my experience, I had a seamless install, here are the steps I took:

1. Installed a clean OSCommerce2.2 MS2

2. Download BTSv1.zip

3. Install according to instructions included with BTSv1.zip

4. Download the BTS Patch

5. Install according to instructions.

Bingo, worked like a charm first time!

I've yet to actually make any template mods, but I can see the way it has been laid out that it should be far less painful to modify than the out-of-the-box experience.

I'll be using BTS with osCommerce short of a full-on Smarty integration, or the release of the next milestone with the official template system.

Thanks Brenden, nice one.

If this is the line you are talking about, it's at line 3. I am very new to PHP and how it all goes together. Much easier than ASP, but still kinda mind boggling.

Thanks for your help.

$Id: application_top.php,v 1.280 2003/07/12 09:38:07 hpdl Exp $

For some reason, your DIR_WS_INCLUDES is not getting defined. Verify that the require('includes/application_top.php'); line is above 5 in the file that is giving the error. If not, you need to shuffle the lines so that application_top.php is included before any other includes/requires are processed.

Hth,

Matt

I have no idea what file is giving me the problem. :oops: I put a virgin osc up like monsoon did and the same is happening with it. Guess it might be my server? :shock:

First I would like to say thanks so much for this wonderful and much needed contribution!

I have two questions and they are both on the same subject - using the Basic Template Structure mod and conditional statements in the left column.

I am only using the left column and want to display some of the right columns info boxes there. To save space I DO NOT want the bestsellers to display on the home page. What would be the appropriate "if" statement be for this and how would I insert it into the following code?

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and global_product_notifications = '1'");

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if ($check['count'] > 0) {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'best_sellers.php');

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'product_notifications.php');

}

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'product_notifications.php');

}

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'best_sellers.php');

}

My second question is how to use an "if' statement to only have the affiliate info box display ON the front page?

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'affiliate.php');

I am sure there is an easy way to do this I just don't know how. :?

Evening -

When I try to change (clicking on the links):

View or change my account information.

Change my account password.

I get this:

Warning: main(includes/javascript/formcheck.js.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /htdocs/catalog/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 11

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/javascript/formcheck.js.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /htdocs/catalog/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 11

Can someone help me with this please?

Evening -

When I try to change (clicking on the links):

View or change my account information.

Change my account password.

I get this:

Warning: main(includes/javascript/formcheck.js.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /htdocs/catalog/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 11

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/javascript/formcheck.js.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /htdocs/catalog/templates/main_page.tpl.php on line 11

Can someone help me with this please?