• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] SaleMaker - Update 2.2MS2v1.01

M@rcel

• 4 months later...

I have installed Salemaker on MS2 on everything is fine. I can make a sale, prices are changed but when I go to checkout the prices are the old pre sales prices, this is right through to order success

Any ideas gratefully received

Rob

To be certain, I've doublechecked my own store. Everything works as expected, even during checkout.

The old prices are not shown during checkout, only the deducted prices are visible.

I suspect that some other contribution is interfering with SaleMaker. Or perhaps your installation is not entirely correct?

Are there other Salemaker-users that can comment on this?

Marcel

Greetings from Marcel

|Current version|Documentation|Contributions|

• 2 weeks later...

Hi M@rcel...

I have recently installed your SaleMaker contribution and have a few questions with getting it to work with Quantity Price Breaks, which I also have installed.

When QPB (Quantity Price Breaks) is installed, it basically takes over the Buy Now and Add to Cart buttons and computes the Product prices based on a new PriceFormatter class file. I woudl really like to have both of these features working together.

Is it possible to get a littel help from you since this is your contrib and you know it more intimately than everyone else.

Thanks.

-R

• 3 weeks later...

I have a client that had a problem with this contrib.

He is usually good at putting contribs in place but this one needed a change

on or about line 301 in catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php are these lines that need to be replaced

// $specials_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id = '" . $prid . "' and status = '1'");

// if (tep_db_num_rows ($specials_query)) {

// $specials = tep_db_fetch_array($specials_query);

// $products_price = $specials['specials_new_products_price'];

// }

with these lines of code.

// Strider added fix for sale maker

$temp_price = tep_get_products_special_price($prid);

if ($temp_price > 0) $products_price = $temp_price;

depending on what contribs you have running these lines might be duplicated within the shopping_cart class

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have sale maker working well apart from one section of code I require to change and that is for featured products.

I would presume it should follow similar lines to new_products and or product_listing

any ideas on this one.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Just wondering how I can get this contribution to work. I've got everything uploaded, but I don't have the section where I can choose which categories I want on sale. If anyone has any suggestions or wants to help me figure this out, please let me know. I'm ready to give up totally on this!

• 5 months later...

I have added the contribution to a client site and his query count has jumped to 195 queries (up from an original 52)!

That will absolutely kill a MySQL server on high volume sites like his (about 500-1000 concurrent users). We need to get that query count down.

I've started looking at the tep_get_products_special_price() method to see if we can implement some sort of cache. For instance, create a class to store all the special prices and on method call return the cached value. If for some reason the product_id is not stored (multiple category listings or whatever) then run the code. Theoretically, we could get aways with one large query per page instead of 4 additional queries per product.

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

I replaced the code that the SaleMaker replaced with

// Strider added fix for sale maker

$temp_price = tep_get_products_special_price($prid);

if ($temp_price > 0) $products_price = $temp_price;

It shows the correct prices in the shopping cart on the right side of the page, but it still reverts to the non-sale prices in the order processing. Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!! Julie

I do not know if this helps but the problem I had was that in the contribution instructions it shows the same code to replace twice, I only replaced the first instance as I thought it was a duplication of instructions. Once I replaced the second instance everything worked

Robr

I do not know if this helps but the problem I had was that in the contribution instructions it shows the same code to replace twice, I only replaced the first instance as I thought it was a duplication of instructions. Once I replaced the second instance everything worked

Robr

Hi Robr,

Thanks for your reply. I'm a little confused as to what you mean exactly. Was the code in the php file twice or was it in the instructions twice? I will look over mine again and see what I can figure out. Thanks!!

Julie

Hi Robr,

Thanks for your reply.  I'm a little confused as to what you mean exactly.  Was the code in the php file twice or was it in the instructions twice?  I will look over mine again and see what I can figure out.  Thanks!!

Julie

I looked over it again and there is only one instance of:

$specials_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id = '" . $prid . "' and status = '1'");

if (tep_db_num_rows ($specials_query)) {

$specials = tep_db_fetch_array($specials_query);

$products_price = $specials['specials_new_products_price'];

}

in the shopping_cart.php file. I replaced that instance with the code as mentioned above, but no change.

I'm lost now.. :(

Julie

Hi Robr,

I reviewed my copy of the shopping_cart.php file that I created when I put the salemaker in. I found both strings of code and replaced both with the new code in this thread and it works fine now. Thank you so much for your help!! I greatly appreciate it!!

Julie

• 4 weeks later...

My Salemaker is working fine as far as the right prices in the cart and on the product listing page, but when you click on an individual product, the sales price is not showing there. If I go to the reviews and look at a product that has a review, the sales prices does show there. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Julie

The only problem that I'm having is that the items on sale arent' showing up in my specials section.... Anyone see that yet?

What do you mean your specials section? In the admin or on the store front? Since I installed salemaker I have noticed that the "Other Items" area at the bottom of the main page that shows some of the other items available does not have anything in it.

Julie

What do you mean your specials section?  In the admin or on the store front?  Since I installed salemaker I have noticed that the "Other Items" area at the bottom of the main page that shows some of the other items available does not have anything in it. 

Julie

I'm talking about the store front. I've double checked the specials.php file twice & the file is written correctly. So, I have no idea what else I need to do to make this work....

I'm talking about the store front. I've double checked the specials.php file twice & the file is written correctly. So, I have no idea what else I need to do to make this work....

I think we're talking about the same area on the storefront. If we are, they are also not showing on mine either. I had changed the coding in mine to say "Other items we offer".... it shows at the bottom of the very first page of the storefront. It seems like there is very little support for this contribution though. Sorry I could not be of more help to you.

Julie

Salemaker works OK for me but it does not slash down prices in featured.php and allprods.php in Catalog. Also in Admin with creating an order and selecting a product it shows the initial price.

Salemaker works great but gives problems with other contribs.

I have added the contribution to a client site and his query count has jumped to 195 queries (up from an original 52)!

That will absolutely kill a MySQL server on high volume sites like his (about 500-1000 concurrent users).  We need to get that query count down.

I've started looking at the tep_get_products_special_price() method to see if we can implement some sort of cache.  For instance, create a class to store all the special prices and on method call return the cached value.  If for some reason the product_id is not stored (multiple category listings or whatever) then run the code.  Theoretically, we could get aways with one large query per page instead of 4 additional queries per product.

Any ideas?

Bobby, Have you gotten anywhere with this?

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

• 4 years later...

Hi there, i have installed sale maker

seems to be working fine, apart from 1 little niggle

in my new_products.php...

i cannot find the text

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])));

to replace with

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $products_price);

just wondered if anyone knows where this needs to be places in the new_products.php file??

• 2 months later...

Need help with product_listing.php

ref my code:

//		if (tep_not_null($listing[$x]['specials_new_products_price'])) {
//					$lc_text['products_price'] = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing[$x]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing[$x]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice"><blink>' . $currencies->display_price($listing[$x]['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing[$x]['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</blink></span>';
//				} else {
//					$lc_text['products_price'] = ' ' . $currencies->display_price($listing[$x]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing[$x]['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' ';
//				}

changed to:

= REPLACE THE ABOVE WITH =================================================
==========================================================================
           if (tep_get_products_special_price($listing['products_id'])) {
             $lc_text = ' <s>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price(tep_get_products_special_price($listing['products_id']), tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';
==========================================================================
= END REPLACE ============================================================

also changed to:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
			$lc_align = 'right';
			if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
} else {
$products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
}

break;

Doesn´t work.

Help.