• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN v0.98 for Milestone 2 released!

Is there any solution for when shoppers don't click the continue button in paypal at the end of the payment?

Install PayPal IPN. It does update everything, as long as the customer pushes the PAY button while in the PayPal site processing the order.

Take Care, Sharon

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I have tried to install the IPN (0.981) on the 07/28/03 snapshot. Everything is there but when I try to do a test from admin I get this error:

TEST IPN Processed for order #10011064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

delete from customers_basket where customers_id=

[TEP STOP]

It looks like its some form of a sql error but I dont know why. Can anyone help please?

Many of the questions asked here have been answered literally hundreds of times in the OSC forums, so, you might also look for other Paypal threads. Yes, you do not want both payment drivers, don't use both the Paypal that comes with OSC and Paypal IPN.

Yes, the continue button issue is exactly why you WANT to use this module over the standard OSC paypal module. You won't lose the order by using this module. I've been using this module for at least a year.

As far as disabling curl, this means you will transmit via normal HTTP, not securely. So, your transactions are more public on the net, and you might want to consider the privacy issue.

I am just updating to MS2, so am going to run the latest contrib on this and see if I get good results. Hope to report back.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed this contrib and for the most part having it working OK.

1) The install text states *not* to set the order status default to PayPal Processing or it will always stay on that setting. I have my default set at Pending. I received the PayPal email confirming the order payment but the order status remains "pending"

2) The default for "item_name" is the store name. I would expect it to be the name of the item purchased. It was a bit confusing when the PayPal notification listed the store as the Item/Product Name. I guess with a multiple product order all the item names can't be listed but can a change be made to query the first product? If not, is it possible to change the title to state "Store Name"? Would I just have to change every instance of "item_name" to "store_name"

3) The default for "item_number" is the currency id. The same question here...can it query the first item product model, order number, or maybe be left blank?

4) The store owner did not receive an email for the order. Just the IPN. I've read others having this problem but haven't come across the solution.

I am using version 0981 on MS2. I guess these are minor issues being that generally it is working but would like to make the changes so that it works perfectly... :)

I've installed this contrib and for the most part having it working OK.  

1) The install text states *not* to set the order status default to PayPal Processing or it will always stay on that setting. I have my default set at Pending. I received the PayPal email confirming the order payment but the order status remains "pending"

2) The default for "item_name" is the store name. I would expect it to be the name of the item purchased. It was a bit confusing when the PayPal notification listed the store as the Item/Product Name. I guess with a multiple product order all the item names can't be listed but can a change be made to query the first product? If not, is it possible to change the title to state "Store Name"? Would I just have to change every instance of "item_name" to "store_name"

3) The default for "item_number" is the currency id. The same question here...can it query the first item product model, order number, or maybe be left blank?

4) The store owner did not receive an email for the order. Just the IPN. I've read others having this problem but haven't come across the solution.

I am using version 0981 on MS2. I guess these are minor issues being that generally it is working but would like to make the changes so that it works perfectly...  :)

I just installed this contrib, but haven't tested it yet, but the answers are based on looking at the code.

1) If you take a look at the code, it sets the order status to Paypal Processing (99999) throughout the checkout process itself. After the valid paypal payment goes through, it switches the order status to whatever is set into the paypal config settings. Of course, the paypal processing status is really never visible to anyone at all. So technically, if you set the default order status to Paypal Processing, it will never change status in that sense. I'm not sure what status you would logically want it to be, I just leave it as Pending since that's how all my CC orders are left as. The other option is just to define your own order status like PayPal payment recieved or something in the osc database.

2) If you can follow the cart contents and pass it on to the file where it sends the data to paypal, it is possible to put the whole cart contents. I did that with the Verisign contribution and put all the cart contents into the comments section for example. But with the verisign processing, it passes the data through a POST method. The paypal passes all the data through a GET url and I'm sure some text in an item list would possibly mess up the data to be passed through correctly. Of course you could strip all slashes, quotes, etc from the product listing. I believe it can be done if you really want that. As far as changing Item name, that is a specific variable for paypal.

3) It uses the $insert_id for the item number which is the osc order number, so that seems to be a good choice to use to help track the order.

4) dont know as i haven't tested it out yet.

• 2 weeks later...

i installed this mod, created a dummy product worth 1 cent. i created another paypal account and purchased it. in 10 minutes my store paypal account received 17 emails detailing the order and they're still coming. the customer account only received the paypal receipt, nothing from the store although i'm certain i completed the transaction.

welp, i tried. since i have the log orders mod installed, i think i'm going to uninstall paypal ipn and stick with that. thanks to.

What is the URL that PayPal is asking for on their site here:

"Note: To activate Instant Payment Notification, you will need to enter the URL at which you would like to receive the notification posts from your Profile."

What am I supposed to point them towards? paypal_notify.php ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

HELP PLEASE!!

Terrible trouble with the PayPal IPN module!

Ok, I've been kicking around with OS commerce since 1.x and Have just installed the latest milestone and slapped on the 'overwrite' patch for the whole affair. I have this problem when trying to use PayPal IPN as a payment module.

http://www.myurl.tld/catalog/FILENAME_CHEC...IPN?osCsid=xxxx

Now surely this variable (FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYPALIPN) is DEFINEd in 'catalog/includes/filenames.php' Ah, so it is... Right? So why doesn't it seem to be working for me...

Please can anyone offer some sensible constructive advice beyond - are you sure you uploaded the files (because I did that already!) Are there any special php directives I have to have running or anything like that... All the other DEFINE directives seem to be working so why not PayPal IPN!

Thanks for taking the time to have a read...

Pete

Edited by daImp

Looked like a wonderful solution to my order problems through Pay pal not being posted to the customers order area, loaded as per instructions doesn't work at all? checked over all of my updates no cigar, were is the ipn supposed to point from paypal? all I get now is a url not on server I know all of my directories and such are set properly just flat doesn't work. any suggestions?

there seems to be a file missing in the paypal ipn v0.971 and v098 this file are the changes to be made to order.php in classes. not doing these changes result in billing and shipping addresses to be missing. i hope you find this if this is your problem because you don'y have to any modification in pablo's code it works great

instruction files are bad and missing and that causes the problem

i hope any of the team memmbers or someone more familiar to add a better instruction and the missing file to the Contributions since this is causing a lots of

problems and i don,t know how to do this

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a mod for oscommerce that allows the customer not to enter their information twice when going through paypal? the way it is now the customers enters their information on my site then goes to paypal and has t enter their information again.

Is it possible for the customer to enter their information once on my site and when they get to paypal not to have to enter information all over again?

I have a client who's running IPN on a MS2 release and all has been fine until just now...

he receieved a message from PayPal saying:

that he just got a payment in pounds sterling. PayPal informed him to update the IPN to accept payments in this currency.

He has all the currencies set up in the admin of the IPN module...

anyone have any ideas why this would happen???

Although, he has it setup in the store he must open the currency accounts in his PayPal account. He can do this by loging into his PayPal account and ckick the profile tab. Then select the currency option then open the accounts for each currency he accepts.

I have a problem with a site offerring immediate file download after paypal ipn payment.

The link IS available when a manual update of the order status is carried out (eg. from paypal processing to delivered) so the link is not at fault - but when the paypal_notify.php for paypal ipn is involved and the order status is updated to the same as you would manually, the link is missing.

I have 2.2 MS1 installed with various mods including Linda's downloads controller, paypal IPN v.0.971 and agree to terms

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks

stuart

Dear Group,

I run a successful osc store, generating a few orders a day, but have a problem with the paypal ipn settings :

Setting the Paypal IPN module to TEST, and the notify address to: /catalog/paypal_notify.php ; No problems, the test ipn works successfully.]

BUT... when I set it to REAL mode (test off) and set the notify url to: https://www1.securesiteserver.co.uk/catalog...ypal_notify.php

I get no succesful notification from the cart, but i can still see the order no problem...

I have set the ipn post value, on paypal.com, to read https://www1.securesiteserver.co.uk/catalog...ypal_notify.php too but it does not seem to work.

Can anyone tell me, on the paypal.com settings, should the notify url be set to the SAME as the notify url on the osc paypal module ?

Should the two settings be the same ?

Anyone know what COULD be wrong ?

Anyone tell me how they have there settings ? It must be something simple as the module is installed succesfully and I get no problem when in test mode.

WHAT could be the reason that I do not receive a notification of order from the cart ????

Steve

My post above has a simple answer - I didn't see that the order dates had expired ... this is discussed quite a bit over the forum and the solution seems to be to place an o.date_purchased instead of o.order_modified in the includes>modules>downloads.php for the paypal ipn module

Dohh ... my mistake!

Hi again, while i was testing a dummy account i noticed that if you choose to checkout with paypal ipn, and never really finish the checkout. Inside the My Account you see the status of Previous Orders, and it'll say "PayPal Processing", but when you click on view you see the order history although u never really bought the item, is there a way to have it so the buyer can complete the process from there? Or something that'll remove this history since they never completed the transactaion?

Thanks.

Any solution for this in this forum.

If a user do not complete the payment procedure through paypal ipn, then no order should be recorded in the database. Order should be recorded and shown in the user history if the payment is complete.

In the given mode if a user do not complete the payment procedure and left in the middle, the order is shown under his account with paypal processing order status. How we can overcome this situation so that order should not be shown and should not be registered untill the payment has been successfully processed through paypalipn.

Any Idea?

I am having exactly the same problem with orders going through into the database even if the order is not completed through PayPal. I think the checkout_paypalipn.php file is assuming that they will successfully complete their payment, so it sends all the order info right away. It should only be sending if the Transaction ID is created. If it isn't then it should be removed and not exist.

I have had several users order items and choose Paypal IPN for the payment option. When I check the order, there are actually two orders showing, both with the same order number, but one says "Paypal Processing" and the other says "Procesano Paypal". I have 4 or 5 orders like this. I checked paypal, and I cannot see any payment received from those email addresses, and I see nothing in any of the Paypal IPN transactions.

I also have the eBay Auction mod installed. Anyone who checks out via the auction mod has no problems, it's only when the browse my store and try to pay with the Paypal IPN.

Any help is appreciated.

I am having exactly the same problem with orders going through into the database even if the order is not completed through PayPal. I think the checkout_paypalipn.php file is assuming that they will successfully complete their payment, so it sends all the order info right away. It should only be sending if the Transaction ID is created. If it isn't then it should be removed and not exist.

Basically, if you notice, the two files checkout_paypalipn.php and paypal_notify.php are supposed to handle the order processing. Looking at the code, checkout_paypalipn.php is the page displayed before clicking to be transferred to the paypal payment screen, but it creates the order in that step even before you attempt to pay via paypal. In reality, a check for successful payment should be made in paypal_notify.php and then the order information should be created in the final step.

So the incorrect process as of now is:

checkout_process -> checkout_paypalipn (order is created) -> paypal -> paypal_notify

but it should be:

checkout_process -> checkout_paypalipn -> paypal -> paypal_notify (create order if payment is success)

I'm not sure how much work it would be, but it shouldn't be that hard to fix. I only have a live store to work on so I can't really do any testing myself. I might give it a shot when I have more free time.

Also, part of the reason for the order being created is that it is trying to circumvent the problem if someone does successfully pay through paypal, but fails to click the continue button, so it may be a little more complicated than I thought.

So does ANYONE have an answer for why some payments go through the IPN, and are left in "Paypal Processing" status instead of showing "Paid" like it's supposed to? Like I said, it's not all, just some. Plus, when there is one in "Paypal Processing" it also shows a second order (same order number) in paypal processing, but the text "Paypal Procsessing" is in Spanish.