• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A different osc "store"

VJ

Hello,

My new website is at last "live" (well, almost!). Its a hosting website, in which I've used OSC sans the shopping cart and catalog(however ridiculous it may sound!).

Please have a look. Suggestions and... constructive criticism is most welcome :-).

Ah, the site is http://www.nebao.com.

Thanks so much to all you folks at the forums and the OSC developers/contributors.

VJ

Hi,

Had a look at your site and really liked what you have done with the layout.

Unfortunately my site is using the standard layout as I am not too good with PHP yet but the standard OSC site layout fitted perfectly with our idea for the site.

Your site looks very professional and its amazing to think that OSC was the foundation for this site, shows what can be done with some thought.

By the way how did you implement the CS Live mod, we are about to implement the mod into our site, could you pass the code to me if you don't mind as I only want a simple helpdesk box such as yours.

Thanks,

Taz

Interesting site. I am trying to do something similar, I need the catalog and not the cart. Care to share your modifications?

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

The 'terms and conditions' link isnt working ;-)

I looked around and it seems to be working fine. I'll look again more closely.

Thanks,

VJ

By the way how did you implement the CS Live mod, we are about to implement the mod into our site, could you pass the code to me if you don't mind as I only want a simple helpdesk box such as yours.  

Oh sure, I can send you the code if you like. Its simple really. I just created a new empty infobox and pasted the link to CS LiveHelp there.

Thanks,

VJ

Interesting site. I am trying to do something similar, I need the catalog and not the cart. Care to share your modifications?

Sure yes! Basically, this is what I did...

#1 removed all the "file include/require" instances that I didn't require at /includes/application_top.php - this took care of the shopping cart.

#2 removed all links to cart/user account at /includes/header.php, and at infoboxes.

Hope this was what you were looking for :-).

Thanks,

VJ

the terms and condition link here VJ:  

http://billing.nebao.com/en/order.php?plan=EC-100M

- when i click it, i get (http://nebao.com/tos.html) 'not found'.  

Oh, Thanks. Applied a quick, ugly fix now... got to work on it later.

You think i could bother you for the code for this as i want to do something similar.  

Sure! Here's the code snippet from my /includes/boxes/livehelp.php infobox file.

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<div align="center">

<!-- BEGIN CS LIVE HELP HTML CODE -->

<script language="javascript" src="http://your/cslivehelp/install/directory/livehelp_js.php?department=1"></script>

<!-- END CS LIVE HELP HTML CODE -->

</div>');

If you need the entire file, I can email it to you if you like.

Hope this helps :-),

VJ

Sure yes! Basically, this is what I did...

#1 removed all the "file include/require" instances that I didn't require at /includes/application_top.php - this took care of the shopping cart.

#2 removed all links to cart/user account at /includes/header.php, and at infoboxes.

Hope this was what you were looking for :-).

Thanks,

VJ

Thanks! I'll give that a shot, but then how did you make the "Buy" buttons work? Are you using the product url field with an image?

BAsically I have datafeeds that will supply all the product info, then a link to the product image and a link to purchase. So far I can't get the links to show the images or the link to go to the purchase page.

I gave up on this during the last couple of weeks, but need to get it working on it again ASAP :)

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Thanks! I'll give that a shot, but then how did you make the "Buy" buttons work? Are you using the product url field with an image?

Those "Buy" buttons are just images with hard-coded links that lead to a custom-built billing program (that still needs lots more work).

Ah yes, the product url field with an image might work. Does your store run with a disabled shopping cart too?

VJ

Archived