• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

*deep breath* ...And we're live!

After many hours, lots of sweat and even some tears (and lots of help from the wonderful folks here!) my site is live :)

I'd love some feedback on it. Please keep in mind that I am a small work at home run business ;) Some of the items still need images, I'm working on better quality shots on some too.. It's the standard OS layout, I just wanted something simple, clean and easy to use..

So, without further ado, http://www.patchworkprincess.com/store

Creative criticism welcome ;)

Hope this doesn't cause you more tears, but those colors!!! And that banner at the bottom... oh, and the buttons...

I'd recommend another color set.

Don't understand 'Gallery of Sold Items' - are these item you sell or have they been sold? It's unclear.

Paul,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry that you don't like the colors, banners and buttons (basically the site lol), but you have to remember, my target audience is women..women who are mothers, women who support Work-At-Home Mothers..The banners at the bottom are exchanged with many other WAHM's, in an effort to support each other.

The colors were chosen to go with the logo.. same with the buttons.

I do appreciate you taking the time to look and give me feedback though :) Thanks!

Ok, Tanya, WAHM here, with another WHAM with a second opinion. The colors have got to go. Unless it is Easter, they are not something that says "stay and shop with me". The logo and the entire shop can be complimentary colors and don't have to be the same colors.

Paul, I do understand the Gallery concept, she is showing the types of items she has made in the past that are one of a kind. Personally, I think fewer can be featured, but it helps lend validity.

Site has potential, but needs some tweaking. Ask some WHAM's to go critique your store if you think I am being too harsh.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

No, you aren't being harsh..

Anyhow, I like the colors and the people that I've asked have said they've liked them as well..

but I'm open to suggestions.. what do you think would be more inviting?

thaks for the input :) I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to hear it :)

No edit button..

I forgot to add, re: the gallery

I intend to section it into categories soon.. I just haven't done that yet..

I like the colours. But there's too much writing all in one place - you need to break it up a bit. Add some images to the front page too. Maybe even a montage of products in the header?

You don't need the cart if its empty. You can add a line of code to hide it whilst its not being used. Think about moving all the boxes to column_left & dispensing with column_right. That would give you more space for your products. Make your logo a link to the homepage.

good luck from another WAHM

I hear ya with the colors. I'm designing a site for my girlfriend and boy is it hard to please her. Color schemes I would have never dreamed of LOL. Clear evidence the male and female of our species have different wiring diagrams.

I agree too much writing on that front page. Perhaps you should add an about you page for people who want to read that stuff as many do.

That would take a lot of that stuff and put it where it 'belongs'.

I don't know why you tore out the new products infobox... It's such a nice feature... Now it looks empty...

I recommend a bit of tweaking on your logo up top there too. I can barely see that yellow crown there perhaps a shadow or border on it, a purple jewel even... I dunno. :)

Best of luck!

Archived