• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] individual product shipping prices

Great mod. Installed really well. It basicly works exactly how I need it to, except for one thing. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Basicly I am using this mod as an additional shipping fee for heavy and bulk items. We use a flat rate shipping table and 3 or 4 of our items are so heavy they kill us on the flat shipping rate. So what we want to do is add let's say an extra $10 for a heavy item to the flat rate.

So far, if I have an individual priced item and a non-individual priced item in the cart it adds the extra individual shipping charge to the flat shipping... perfect!

But what we need is when there is ONLY individual priced items in the cart to add the flat shipping and the extra shipping like it would above. Right now it just gives the individual shipping price of $10, when it should be $32 ($22 for flat rate + $10 extra). I know it is working like it was meant to, I was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction to get it to add the additional shipping fee to the flat rate no matter what, not just if there are non-individual shipping priced items and individual shipping priced items together at checkout.

Did that make sense? I'm not really good at explaining myself, so I hope I explained ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just a hint at which file would need to be changed.

Thanks again.

WP

Hi,

This contribution is exactly what I'm looking for. Since I'm going to sell stuff that can be sent via post office, tnt or bigger I can set the exact shipping price.

I'm only wondering if this contribution can be used with easy populate??

Will the shipping price be in the download file as well?

im having trouble installing this contrib. Is there a full package or would i need to download the old one and upgrade it? i tried installing version 4.3, but there is only 2 files in there and it says this error when i go to the checkout

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_shiptotal() in /home/laredoc/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/indvship.php on line 53

Can someone give me instructions on how to install this?

Great mod. Installed really well. It basicly works exactly how I need it to, except for one thing. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Basicly I am using this mod as an additional shipping fee for heavy and bulk items. We use a flat rate shipping table and 3 or 4 of our items are so heavy they kill us on the flat shipping rate. So what we want to do is add let's say an extra $10 for a heavy item to the flat rate.

So far, if I have an individual priced item and a non-individual priced item in the cart it adds the extra individual shipping charge to the flat shipping... perfect!

But what we need is when there is ONLY individual priced items in the cart to add the flat shipping and the extra shipping like it would above. Right now it just gives the individual shipping price of $10, when it should be $32 ($22 for flat rate + $10 extra). I know it is working like it was meant to, I was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction to get it to add the additional shipping fee to the flat rate no matter what, not just if there are non-individual shipping priced items and individual shipping priced items together at checkout.

Did that make sense? I'm not really good at explaining myself, so I hope I explained ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just a hint at which file would need to be changed.

Thanks again.

WP

I found this to be annoying to, to make the contrib list the shipping options PLUS the additional shipping fees try changing this:

classes/shipping.php

CHANGE:

// Show Individual Shipping Only
	if($indvcount==sizeof($products)) {
	if ((tep_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_INDVSHIP_STATUS')) && $shiptotal) {
	$include_modules[] = array('class'=> 'indvship', 'file' => 'indvship.php');
	}}
	// All Other Shipping Modules
	if(sizeof($products)>$indvcount){

TO:

if(sizeof($products)>=$indvcount){

It seems to work for me how about you?

Edited by homewetbar

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I found this to be annoying to, to make the contrib list the shipping options PLUS the additional shipping fees try changing this:

classes/shipping.php

CHANGE:

if($indvcount==sizeof($products)) {
	if ((tep_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_INDVSHIP_STATUS')) && $shiptotal) {
	}}

TO:

It seems to work for me how about you?

versions after 4.2 may have this code instead of the one mentioned above:

if($indvcount==sizeof($products)){ //hadir
if ((tep_get_configuration_key_value('MODULE_SHIPPING_INDVSHIP_STATUS')) && ((tep_not_null($shiptotal)) || $shiptotal == 0)) {
	}}

STILL CHANGE TO:

Edited by homewetbar

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

There appears to be a bug in versions after 4.2 were if you add more than one of an item to the cart without a second item price set it only charges you for one individual ship charge... I dunno what the changes were in the versions after 4.2 anyway the new documentation is confusioning and hard to follow when updating so if you all are still having problems you might try version 4.2, it works fine for me.

Hi,

I managed to get the 4.3a version installed. It was a little difficult instruction but ok.

Now i'm testing the contribution and it works fine too except I can't figure out how the setting in the admin have to be done. Searched the forum, but it seems no one has problems with this.....

What values do I have to set, and where put them.

If a customer is from outside Netherlands then shippingrate * 2

Now all shippingrates are multiplied by2

Individual ship home country ID? (tried Netherlands,NL, NLD, Nederland)

The zone my store is located in?

There appears to be a bug in versions after 4.2 were if you add more than one of an item to the cart without a second item price set it only charges you for one individual ship charge... I dunno what the changes were in the versions after 4.2 anyway the new documentation is confusioning and hard to follow when updating so if you all are still having problems you might try version 4.2, it works fine for me.

Does anyone get an TEP-Stop error if they try to copy a product in the admin-categories that has an individual shipping charge. I say this because while trying to find out what was wrong I commented out the insert line in admin/categories:

//bof shipping//hadir

$shipping_query = tep_db_query("select products_ship_methods_id, products_ship_zip from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

while ($shipping = tep_db_fetch_array($shipping_query)) {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING . " (products_id, products_ship_methods_id, products_ship_zip) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($shipping['products_ship_methods_id']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($shipping['products_ship_zip']) . "'");

} //eof shipping//hadir

and it seems I do not get this error. Also once I have entered a value into the individual prices field I can no longer make the field null. It defaults to 0. If '0' is there isn't that going to enable the individuals module. How do disable an item that I had set up for individual shipping??????????

Really need some help here!

Does anyone get an TEP-Stop error if they try to copy a product in the admin-categories that has an individual shipping charge. I say this because while trying to find out what was wrong I commented out the insert line in admin/categories:

//bof shipping//hadir

$shipping_query = tep_db_query("select products_ship_methods_id, products_ship_zip from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING . " (products_id, products_ship_methods_id, products_ship_zip) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($shipping['products_ship_methods_id']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($shipping['products_ship_zip']) . "'");

} //eof shipping//hadir

and it seems I do not get this error. Also once I have entered a value into the individual prices field I can no longer make the field null. It defaults to 0. If '0' is there isn't that going to enable the individuals module. How do disable an item that I had set up for individual shipping??????????

Really need some help here!

I had the same problem when trying to copy products in admin but I was unable to figure out how to fix it, please post a fix if you find one!

It works with other shipping contribs however fair warning it can be a challenging contrib to install, the newest versions have particularly user-unfriendly directions. Version 4.2 is the easiest to install and works fine, thats what I use...

Hi,

I managed to get the 4.3a version installed. It was a little difficult instruction but ok.

Now i'm testing the contribution and it works fine too except I can't figure out how the setting in the admin have to be done. Searched the forum, but it seems no one has problems with this.....

Is there anyone who can support me in the above issue?

If you get a 1064 mySQL error with the copy to in admin->categories/products when trying to copy a product with individual shipping prices enabled then try this fix:

Find:

//bof shipping//hadir
} //eof shipping//hadir

replace with:

//bof shipping//hadir
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING . " (products_id, products_ship_methods_id, products_ship_zip) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($shipping['products_ship_methods_id']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($shipping['products_ship_zip']) . "')");
} //eof shipping//hadir

there is a parenthesis missing towards the end e.g. . "')");

Regards,

Simon

THANK YOU, I have been trying to figure this one out for a while now.. Works perfect now

:thumbsup:

gtr_rider & Simon THANKS that fix worked perfectly!

• 2 weeks later...

Installed v. 4.2 this evening. No other contribs are installed in my store. Got to step 7 of the new install instructions. In my product_info.php file there are only around 26 lines. Figured maybe I'd just add the stated lines after -

($product_info['products_description']);

... but that line does not exist. What am I missing? :(

Quick update.... I made an assumption and pasted the following code from step 7 into the product_info.php file even though it was only 26 lines long.

// Individual Shipping Contrib
$extra_shipping_query = tep_db_query("select products_ship_price, products_ship_price_two from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
$extra_shipping = tep_db_fetch_array($extra_shipping_query);
if (($extra_shipping['products_ship_price']) > 0) {
echo '<i>(This item requires additional shipping of
$' . $extra_shipping['products_ship_price'];
if (($extra_shipping['products_ship_price_two']) > 0) {
echo ' for the first item, and $' . $extra_shipping['products_ship_price_two'] . ' for each additional item.)</i>';
} else {
echo ' + regular shipping costs.)</i>';
}
}

I then proceeded to complete the steps in the install document. The problem now is I don't have the Individual Ship contrib listed under modules/shipping in Admin. I'm also not getting any errors yet. Please help. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Hi,

Hi There,

Individual Ship outside Home will work when you customer is logged in with an account located outside of netherlands. I'm assuming this isn't working because you had incorrectly set your home country ID.

The Individual Ship home country ID is the ID number associated to your country in the OSC SQL 'countries' table. Netherlands should be: 150

"The Zone my store is located in" -- not sure which part of the contribution you are referring to here.

The "Shipping Zone" dropdown within the "Individual Shipping - Zone #" is used to limit that Module # to a specific destination zone. Leave this set to "--non--" if you want it to apply to all destination zones for that shipping type.

Hope that helps..

Any ideas on my problems? This contrib is exactly what I'm looking for as far as shipping. It seems to be able to handle all the issues I've come up with. I just need to get it functioning. Help is much appreciated! :)

Problem solved. Went back through the install instructions step by step. It appears the indvship.php file didn't copy into the /includes/modules/shipping folder as it should. Once I copied that file over the module was under admin. B) Thanks!

Hi There,

Individual Ship outside Home will work when you customer is logged in with an account located outside of netherlands. I'm assuming this isn't working because you had incorrectly set your home country ID.

The Individual Ship home country ID is the ID number associated to your country in the OSC SQL 'countries' table. Netherlands should be: 150

"The Zone my store is located in" -- not sure which part of the contribution you are referring to here.

The "Shipping Zone" dropdown within the "Individual Shipping - Zone #" is used to limit that Module # to a specific destination zone. Leave this set to "--non--" if you want it to apply to all destination zones for that shipping type.

Hope that helps..

Devless Thanks!!!

I tried everything even counted on what place Holland was, except I miscounted and filled in 149 insstead of 150.

In the meanwhile I worked with ind. ship.rates but multiplied all countries with 1. Glad I didn't get orders from outside Holland yet.

This sounds like just what I need!

But-

I am an oscommerce idiot who bought a running store and have no idea how to do any of this.

Any suggestions on where to find someone that can add this for me and debug it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

Need some my SQL help. I've got a list of products (~300) that I need to change the products_ship_price on using phpMyAdmin. I need help with the SQL coding to do this.

For example, the products_id's are:

ABC1234

BCD4567

DEF0987

Each of these need to have there own individual shipping prices - all others (~16000 products in store) follow a flate rate table.

Can someone give me the correct syntax so I can write a mySQL script to change these rather than doing them individually?

John Skurka

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping I could get some help with installing this module. Although I though I followed the instructions, I received the following error messages:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/agele3/public_html/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:3) in /home/agele3/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/agele3/public_html/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:3) in /home/agele3/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Also, I don't know how to load the items into the database. I can get into my sql but don't understand how to use it

And How do I modify my table- what table?

I can upload and edit through file manager but that is the extent of my programming

Please help!

My error messages have change to ;

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/agele3/public_html/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:2) in /home/agele3/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 1186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/agele3/public_html/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:2) in /home/agele3/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

I never touched the general php file.

Please help