• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] individual product shipping prices

YAY! it works :D :D (Thanks so much for the help)

For some reason my checkout_shipping.php code looked like this:

$shipping = array('id' => $shipping,
							'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ?  $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),
							 'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'],
'invcost' => $shipping_modules->get_shiptotal());

But i changed it to the code you pasted, and worked fine.

(Your code)

$shipping = array('id' => $shipping,
'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ? $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),
'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'],
/////////INDV SHIP/////////
'invcost' => $shipping_modules->get_shiptotal());

Update:

What the hell....they are the same with just an extra comment area...... WEIRD :D oh well it works now :D

Edited by dave111

No prob, I can do that... Any help would be appreciated though.....

If you can get a fuction written up to detect prod id with indv and a simple line or so to add to other shipping modules to not add those prod id's that would be cool. I can do it no problem I just don't have the time to start somthing new. Will prob be a week or more before I can even start.

the get indv_count function shoul help. somehting like that but instead of just count output an array of product_ids. Then I gues line in other modules would be like if not in array indv_product_id product_id....something like that.

Edited by crashwave

q_|_|| _|9~~J >-o>-o q_|_|| )| q_|| )

If you can get a fuction written up to detect prod id with indv and a simple line or so to add to other shipping modules to not add those prod id's that would be cool. I can do it no problem I just don't have the time to start somthing new. Will prob be a week or more before I can even start.

the get indv_count function shoul help. somehting like that but instead of just count output an array of product_ids. Then I gues line in other modules would be like if not in array indv_product_id product_id....something like that.

huh ? LOL ! Edkeifer seems to need about the same thing I do..... Any way that you can help ?

If the only products in cart have an individual shipping price that is all that will show. If you add other products that do not have individual shipping the other methods will show. make sure you have them installed and active, I had people ask that did not have any other modules installed.

If you want to add other methods to the individual like express or overnight I think there is a contribution that MIGHT work. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2918. Just remember that one was written in feb. The newer versions of indiv ship with different indvship.php where written later.

Ok that was the wrong contribution. That one will add other shipping prices. There was one I saw that added other shipping to individual like express. Have no idea where it went.

If anyone finds it please post.

Quick question for all those using IPP.

Suggestions please

If you have enabled free shipping and the cart price has reached the "free_shipping_over" price

Would you rather have individual shipping follow this rule and have those with indv shipping fall under free shipping too. Or would you rather have individual shipping be separate and added anyway even though free price was reached.

Ok, here it is:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1333

Be nice everyone, this is my first contribution. Let me know how it works for you.

Dm Gremlin-

I sell jewerly which I need to set a flat rate on and handbags that I need to set another amount flat rate on, and other items I need differents rates on (each of these are set up in different catagories) as well as being able to charge an additional amount for international shipping.

Will your contribution do this? And if so please tell me how to install it, I haven't did that yet. But once I catch on I've got it.

Thanks,

Margie

sorry but dmGremlin hasn't been here since 11th June 2005.

Yes this will work

Set shipping price per products and per quantity.

Independent of other shipping modules for products that do not have a shipping price.

Hey, thanks for the contrib.

I'm only having one problem.. on checkout_shipping.php it displays the individual shipping price (I'm not using any other shipping methods) but it is 3 times the amount I put in.. eg. I put in $5 and it displays $15. I checked the phpmyadmin and it is still displaying 5 under products_ship_price. I only have the 1 product in my cart (I've emptied it over and over to make sure). I've played around with the price and it always displays 3 times whatever I put in.

I'm kind of at a loss..

Quick question for all those using IPP.

Suggestions please

If you have enabled free shipping and the cart price has reached the "free_shipping_over" price

Would you rather have individual shipping follow this rule and have those with indv shipping fall under free shipping too. Or would you rather have individual shipping be separate and added anyway even though free price was reached.

Goes back to what I need, you should if possible make it an OPTION, that is either added to the order or not. I am sure I am not the only person that gives other shipping options, and or free shipping over a set amount. Bummer that the mod adds the fixed prices to everything....

I am sure I am not the only person that gives other shipping options, and or free shipping over a set amount

That is why I made it to work with all modules. before no other module were displayed. You can use other shipping methods.

Bummer that the mod adds the fixed prices to everything..

I don't get that is the purpose to add the indiv price to total shipping for prod that have it.

Indv will continue to be added to the other amounts, with its products included in the other methods, unless EACH module is modified to subtract those products (not price) from calculations.

To subtract the indiv shipping price from certain methods like express, same day

What can be done

Add a * to each shipping method that will have indiv price added to it and let customer now "* Flat fee of $X for Y products will be added"..

Modify script not sure where right now ,I think ot_shipping or classes/shipping, just the part that calculates everything at the end (confirmation), to SUBTTRACT the shiptotal if the OTHER (without *) shipping methods selected.

This is just a suggestion for now I have not tried it or looked at the code to see if it could work but I am pretty sure it would.

Hi, I need to ask some questions before installing;

1, How can I make it possible for the customer to choose between shipping the products (using Individual Shipping Prices) or to pick them up at the warehouse (free of charge/free shipping of course)?

2, Is it still possible to use free shipping over a set amount? Can I use osC default option for free shipping together with Individual Shipping Prices?

I would really appreciate some help with this soonest possible.. :) The store is about to open this week.

yes and yes

for 1. you would hae to configure that shipping option to disregard indv shipping prices at the end. I don't know how that module is set up it might already do that but indv shipping is added at the end to the total. You might want to change to if(shipping method pickup selected) subtract $shiptotal.

I need to designate my own UPS prices for each individal product... but I need to be able to designate it for Ground, Next day, 2day, and 3 day...

Will this allow me to do that??

if this is the case then this is exactly what I am looking for and you are a life saver!

Edited by [email protected]

Will this mod allow seperate pricing for 2 zones? specifically we need seperate shipping pricing for US and Canada per item. So it is flat rate per itme but needs to be different for US and Canada. Will this work for that?

Edited by Jesse J

I need to designate my own UPS prices for each individal product... but I need to be able to designate it for Ground, Next day, 2day, and 3 day...

Will this allow me to do that??

if this is the case then this is exactly what I am looking for and you are a life saver!

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=716479 and the one after that. It can be done but not on its own.

IDEA:

copy indvship.php how many times you want to add shipping methods and rename to indvship_METHOD.php.

like indvship_Ground.php, indvship_Next_day.php, indvship_2day.php....

in admin/categories you would have to add the code to setup and update those methods just like it is now for indvship, renaming indv to indv_METHOD. The code in catolog side would have to be changed too to allow for selecting the methods.

If(indiv_methods) show check boxs...then add that total to end.

Just a thought now idea how it would really work.

Might work on that later.

I will be out of the country for about a month due to family emergency. I do not know if I will have much time to get online. So if someone who has got this down (I volunteer Keith "homewetbar") maybe they would pitch in and help out.

Heidi

Will this mod allow seperate pricing for 2 zones? specifically we need seperate shipping pricing for US and Canada per item. So it is flat rate per itme but needs to be different for US and Canada. Will this work for that?

With the newer versions it has an option to increase price if out of shops zone. Price is multiplied by designated amount default 3.

I think I've got this setup right.

I was just wondering is there any way to edit this

(This item requires additional shipping of $50 + regular shipping costs.)?

That is what I get when I add test item to cart.

Looks like I'm charging extra and then shipping.

Think I found right place to edit code in product_info.php...

// Individual Shipping Contrib

$extra_shipping_query = tep_db_query("select products_ship_price, products_ship_price_two from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

$extra_shipping = tep_db_fetch_array($extra_shipping_query);

if (($extra_shipping['products_ship_price']) > 0) {

echo '<i>(This item requires additional shipping of $' . $extra_shipping['products_ship_price'];

if (($extra_shipping['products_ship_price_two']) > 0) {

echo ' for the first item, and $' . $extra_shipping['products_ship_price_two'] . ' for each additional item.)</i>';

} else {

echo ' + regular shipping costs.)</i>';

}

Just don't know what to edit?

Any suggestions?

TIA

Anna

I've installed v4.3a & the updated files on v2.2-MS2. I've read the last 8-10 pages and still have questions, so here goes...

I have some items where I specify an 'Individual Product Shipping Price' (IPSP).

The rest of my items are shipped via UPS (i.e. NO Individual Product Shipping Price).

If my cart contains only IPSP items it works - it uses the IPSP fee I set.

If my cart contains only non-IPSP items it works - it correctly calculates UPS shipping.

However, if my cart contains both IPSP and non-IPSP items then I have to choose either the IPSP fee or the UPS fee when I check out. The final total reflects whichever shipping option I choose - it DOES NOT add the shipping fees together - it adds the shipping total for the option I chose & ignores the other one.

Example: Item A has a IndivProdShipPrice of $10. Item B has a UPS shipping fee of $6.50.

I would expect my checkout total shipping fee to be $16.50

Instead, I get a checkout shipping total of either $10 or $6.50 depending upon which option I choose.

Is it supposed to do this?

Think I found right place to edit code in product_info.php...

$extra_shipping_query = tep_db_query("select products_ship_price, products_ship_price_two from "

Just don't know what to edit?

TIA - Anna

Try this out for size... You should be able to copy-n-paste this clip in place of your posted code sample.

$extra_shipping_query = tep_db_query("select products_ship_price, products_ship_price_two from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_SHIPPING . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
if (tep_db_num_rows($extra_shipping_query)) {
$extra_shipping = tep_db_fetch_array($extra_shipping_query);
if($extra_shipping['products_ship_price'] == '0.00'){
echo '<b><font color="green">Free Shipping</font> for this Item!</b><p>';
}else{
echo '<b>Shipping Fee of $' . $extra_shipping['products_ship_price'];
if (($extra_shipping['products_ship_price_two']) > 0) {
echo ' for the first item, and $' . $extra_shipping['products_ship_price_two'] . ' for each additional item.</b><p>';
} else {
echo ' for the first item, and Free for each additional item.</b><p>';
}

By comparing the original & my version it should become clear which block of text to edit.

-Randy