• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] individual product shipping prices

During installation did you ever get:

"Internal Server Error" when trying to access the categories section of the admin panel. After reviewing my error log, it seems that my categories.php was somehow corrupted. I'll continue to try and figure it out but I'm not much of a coder. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I'm using this on a RC1 installation.

I am using the MS2.2 version. I got no such errors when installing. Where can i see the error log?

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /homepages/20/d211569956/htdocs/store2/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /homepages/20/d211569956/htdocs/store2/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

This is an error I get when I modify the item that I am trying to add.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /homepages/20/d211569956/htdocs/store2/product_info.php on line 343

when i click on the info page of the item.

Lots of codes, don't know what to do :-( this contribution is essential to my store. If anyone would like to install it for me working and running perfectly I will be more than willing to compensate for your time.

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /homepages/20/d211569956/htdocs/store2/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /homepages/20/d211569956/htdocs/store2/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

This is an error I get when I modify the item that I am trying to add.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /homepages/20/d211569956/htdocs/store2/product_info.php on line 343

when i click on the info page of the item.

Lots of codes, don't know what to do :-( this contribution is essential to my store. If anyone would like to install it for me working and running perfectly I will be more than willing to compensate for your time.

Same here... I need either a product based (preferred) or category based contribution. I could always overcharge but I'd much rather not. Does your server/host provide cPanel? In cPanel there is an error log option in the main menu. I'm not much of a coder... yet or I'd take a stab your errors.

Same here... I need either a product based (preferred) or category based contribution. I could always overcharge but I'd much rather not. Does your server/host provide cPanel? In cPanel there is an error log option in the main menu. I'm not much of a coder... yet or I'd take a stab your errors.

I have 1and1 so I am pretty sure they have the cPanel however I have no idea how to access it or make modifications in it.

Hi,

I had this contribution installed to my site and it is awesome, I absolutely love it and it's just what I needed -- thank you. HOWEVER, my question is this: Is it possible to somehow install this contribution TWICE? I would like to have it installed twice to basically have an INDV SHIP DOM and INDV SHIP INT. The first I would have it be the shipping method for those within the United States, the second I would have be the shipping method for everyone outside of the United States.

Can someone help me out whether this has been done or not? I would think it could be done but some code would need changed. In fact if you're interested in installing it for me let me know as well.

Thanks again to the creator/supporters of this module.

You would not need to install the module a 2nd time but actually put in a if statement to call which ever shipping group they fit in. I was thinking something like this:

if US zone then post US shipping rates

else

post International

of course that is not the code and you would still have to set up an input for the international shipping admin side but should be easily done if you have this mod installed because you can make similar code.

Ok I need you to help me. What files in the contribution did you download to get your working mod. I have not downloaded this myself and am not feeling like hunting through this contribution to find a full file set that may not work.

question about the Individual Product Shipping contribution

Is it possible to calculate only the highest shipping costs.

example:

product 1 = 25,- shipping

product 2 = 50,- shipping

product 3 = 65,- shipping

So total shipping cost will be 65,-

Hi,

This is my first time using the forum. I'm also a newbie to php. Could someone tell me what sql query I need to run to add the necessary variables to my database? I added the shipping module. But, without the addition to the database, I can't access the field when in the oscomerce catalog product addition section.

I've been reading through the string and haven't found the answer thus far.

If I'm not understanding this correctly, someone please let me know.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

For future reference, a friend was able to modify this module for me (I think he just added another table) and I'm able to set a Domestic rate and an International rate. I didn't do it myself so I can't explain it, I paid my friend to do it. If anyone needs to do it in the future just PM me and I'll refer you to him.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Can some please give me a little help here..

I have a fresh install of OsCommerce (after failing to get IVPShip working on a version i have been setting up) so not to have anything set wrong or so i thought.

Anyway all went well so i thought, updated my sql data base with this

# You will need to add 1 table: use the following SQL command

* DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `products_shipping`;
     CREATE TABLE `products_shipping` (
     `products_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
     `products_ship_methods_id` int(11) default NULL,
     `products_ship_zip` varchar(32) default NULL,
     `products_ship_price` varchar(10) default NULL,
     `products_ship_price_two` varchar(10) default NULL
     ) TYPE=MyISAM;

# You will need to modify 1 table: use the following SQL command

* INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Indiv Ship Home Country', 'INDIVIDUAL_SHIP_HOME_COUNTRY', '223', 'Individual ship home country ID (other countries will have extra freight)', 7, NULL, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);
     INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Indiv Ship Outside Home Increase', 'INDIVIDUAL_SHIP_INCREASE', '3', 'Individual ship x increase for shipping outside home country. For example: If you set your item ship price to $50 and this value to 3 and ship outside your home country they will pay $150, and if this value was 2, they would pay $100.', 7, NULL, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

and went into admin to set ....

# You will need to install this module through your: Admin panel > Modules > Shipping
# You will need to configure: Admin panel > Configuration > Shipping / Packaging
# You will need to configure: Admin panel > Categories / Products > each product to include the:

* TEXT_PRODUCTS_ZIPCODE: (I my own postal code, as I ship each item)
   * Indv. Shipping Price:
   * Each Additional Price:

(what is the Individual Country Code for the UK please ?)

but now when i try and go to my ADMIN i get this error ..........

1146 - Table 'onlineshopdb.TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS' doesn't exist

select id from TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS limit 1

[TEP STOP]

I am very sorry if this is something very simple but its all new to me and to be honest is now doing my head in so much i can't sleep for thinking about it, so please guys help me out.

And sorry if i have misused the codebox insert

Cheers

Woody

Can some please give me a little help here..

I have a fresh install of OsCommerce (after failing to get IVPShip working on a version i have been setting up) so not to have anything set wrong or so i thought.

Anyway all went well so i thought, updated my sql data base with this

# You will need to add 1 table: use the following SQL command

* DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `products_shipping`;
     CREATE TABLE `products_shipping` (
     `products_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
     `products_ship_methods_id` int(11) default NULL,
     `products_ship_zip` varchar(32) default NULL,
     `products_ship_price` varchar(10) default NULL,
     `products_ship_price_two` varchar(10) default NULL
     ) TYPE=MyISAM;

# You will need to modify 1 table: use the following SQL command

* INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Indiv Ship Home Country', 'INDIVIDUAL_SHIP_HOME_COUNTRY', '223', 'Individual ship home country ID (other countries will have extra freight)', 7, NULL, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);
     INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Indiv Ship Outside Home Increase', 'INDIVIDUAL_SHIP_INCREASE', '3', 'Individual ship x increase for shipping outside home country. For example: If you set your item ship price to $50 and this value to 3 and ship outside your home country they will pay $150, and if this value was 2, they would pay $100.', 7, NULL, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

and went into admin to set ....

# You will need to install this module through your: Admin panel > Modules > Shipping
# You will need to configure: Admin panel > Configuration > Shipping / Packaging
# You will need to configure: Admin panel > Categories / Products > each product to include the:

* TEXT_PRODUCTS_ZIPCODE: (I my own postal code, as I ship each item)
   * Indv. Shipping Price:
   * Each Additional Price:

(what is the Individual Country Code for the UK please ?)

The country code for the UK is:222

but now when i try and go to my ADMIN i get this error ..........

[TEP STOP]

That's because you overwrote the original file when the original install for individual ship was for MS2 and your using rc1 .. I never overwrite my files, I edit them instead, takes a little longer, but It saves time in the long run. I hope you made backups?

This is what I do:

I copy the files from the contribution to a file called to be uploaded, I then overwrite all the contribution included files with the current files from my store, I then copy them to a file called altered OScommerce Files, the I go back to the file to be uploaded .. edit them individually, and once they are uploaded, I then copy them to a file called recent updates. Mind you each contribution is in a file of it's own name. I o this because if there is a probelm I just go to the directory file altered files, chose the mode that went wrong and reupload all my original files .. and problem solved.

In short I have a directory called OSCommerce on my C drive in it I have directories named Add Ins, where I keep all the original contrib files all in their own directories. I have a directory caled Altered Files which is where I keep copies of the contrib files and overwrite them with my current store files, I have a to be uploaded files that I have edited from my copies of my originals, and when it's all done, and it's working ok, I move the contrib files from to be uploaded to Recent Updates.

I believe the 2 files that sre your problem are the admin/categories and the admin/languages/english/categories files try reuploading them from the originall catalog files and see if that helps.

The layout and coding for RC1 is different from the MS2 not major, major but enough not to be able to directly overwrite them or your store will not function.

I am very sorry if this is something very simple but its all new to me and to be honest is now doing my head in so much i can't sleep for thinking about it, so please guys help me out.

And sorry if i have misused the codebox insert

Cheers

Woody

I have a slight problem with this shipping module. No matter what I set my shipping price to, every time you go to check out it will display a shipping price of $0.00 I am hoping someone else out there has had this problem and knows a quick fix. Thanks for any help!

Did this ever get solved anywhere? I just installed it and am getting the same thing .. even though the prices were imput and it even gives a statement of the costs in the product itself .. it is not adding it to the cart shipping for some reason, and I am no coding pro by any means, I can wittle my way through some common errors and thats about it.

I am using RC1 as well, does anyone have it working on RC1 yet?

Edited by Kassie

OK i think i am with you but which parts do i take from the IVPShip files and where do i put them in the file from OsCommerce ?

Needed to replace the 2 categories files and also admin/includes/database_tables.php

Hope you can come back with some more detailed help for me.. cheers

OK i think i am with you but which parts do i take from the IVPShip files and where do i put them in the file from OsCommerce ?

Needed to replace the 2 categories files and also admin/includes/database_tables.php

Hope you can come back with some more detailed help for me.. cheers

individual ship is pretty good about having their stuff in this form:

//start individual ship

what ever what ever whatever

// End individual ship

I use beyond compare, and bring the altered file up and the original file, and it will make the edits for you by clicking and telling it to insert.

If your using the oscommerce RC1 be careful and only change the things that are in the individual ship // though because there are other differences between the MS2 and the RC1

question about the Individual Product Shipping contribution

Is it possible to calculate only the highest shipping costs.

example:

product 1 = 25,- shipping

product 2 = 50,- shipping

product 3 = 65,- shipping

So total shipping cost will be 65,-

any body knows how to do this. alot of ppl have been asking for this .. and i would like to know if it is possible

Hi

does anyone know a way of setting a maximum cost for total postage.

i.e. each item has a seperate price for shipping until it hits a certain cost then it stays at that regardless of how many items of there postage cost.

we ship normal mail for individual items but as soon as it hits a certain cost its more cost efficient to ship via a courier.

cheers andy

I have a slight problem with this shipping module. No matter what I set my shipping price to, every time you go to check out it will display a shipping price of $0.00 I am hoping someone else out there has had this problem and knows a quick fix. Thanks for any help!

I just installed this and am getting the same thing. Using oscommerce060817 and no matter what I set the shipping price to - the shipping displays as $0.00. The odd thing is that the shipping price I enter is stored correctly in the database - but $0.00 is displayed on the page.....

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice contribution all the way!

I am looking for a mod that would go with what I am offering and I mean:

I am shipping with DHL on two different services: Air Express (1-2days) and Ground (7-8 days) each of the services has 10 different zones plus the Domestic shipment.

It is rather messy using the weight criteria to calculate the shipping price therefore I was thinking to add a shipping cost to each of the products. It's rather cumbersome due to the large number of different zones.

Can anyone help and advice me on how to use this contribution or maybe any other contribution. I am new to php so your help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I just installed this and am getting the same thing. Using oscommerce060817 and no matter what I set the shipping price to - the shipping displays as $0.00. The odd thing is that the shipping price I enter is stored correctly in the database - but $0.00 is displayed on the page.....

Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem and went through all the instructions with a fine tooth comb like 8 times already, totally frustrating. Lot's of ppl on this thread have had success by going through the install again. Many of their problems with no displaying individual shipping is simply replaces that DIR CLASSES line. I've gone thru every fix so I can tell you but meanwhile I still have the same problems on my end.

Not only don't I see the shipping in checkout_confirmation but I dont see the individual shipping set in checkout_shipping as well. All I see is "Free Shipping/Free shipping for orders over $50.00" which is my free shipping module working, which it shouldn't be according to everything I read here about this contribution detecting that. So I have two problems and have installed this contribution to a TEE.

The only time i get any type of behavior to EVEN INDICATE THE THING IS INSTALLED is if i disable "Allow Free Shipping" in admin, but even than I just see "Individiual Shipping" with no price or check box and under it "Flat Rate" with a price of $0.00. EVEN FURTHER MINDBOGGLING, is that on any other product flat rate shipping shows up correctly as set to $5.95, but for some reason it returns zero dollars and NO CHECKBOX so it's impossible to proceed in the item has individual shipping on it. I surmise something starts working when i turn "Allow Free shipping" off, but only halfway enough to show that there is INDIVIDUAL SHIPPING on the item in checkout_shipping but than somehow allows "Flat Rate" to appear with an odd price of zero.

I also have gift vouchers, wishlist, product attributes and some other contributions installed, none of them shipping contributions.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear

I'm french so my english not very goog but I try to explain my problem

I have installed this contribution but in the admin panel at Modul--> Shipping

The box to install or remove or edit the modul have disappeared (the box in the right after the line)

I don't know what....

If you can help me!!

Thanks

I've just installed the mod well actually I installed it yesterday and got it working today... :-"

I was wondering if anyone knows how to "force" select this "individual zone" option AND allow users to pick another means of shipping that is added to the "individual zone" shipping.

I am using this mod for all of my Freight items that all ship at a standard flat rate fee of $120.00. The problem arises if the user selects a Freight item & something else. The way the mod is set up they are "forced" to pay the Freight fee which is what I want but I'm out on shipping with whatever the other items they purchased because one the single selection.

If I do it the other way (in the instructions uncomment line 53 I think or 52 you know what I mean) it shows both options. Individual zone which is what I would like as a "force" select and allow the user to pick ground, 2nd day air ect...

I hope I am being clear about this? I would really appreciate the help.

THanks in advance.

:rolleyes:

I've just installed the mod well actually I installed it yesterday and got it working today... :-"

I was wondering if anyone knows how to "force" select this "individual zone" option AND allow users to pick another means of shipping that is added to the "individual zone" shipping.

I am using this mod for all of my Freight items that all ship at a standard flat rate fee of $120.00. The problem arises if the user selects a Freight item & something else. The way the mod is set up they are "forced" to pay the Freight fee which is what I want but I'm out on shipping with whatever the other items they purchased because one the single selection.

If I do it the other way (in the instructions uncomment line 53 I think or 52 you know what I mean) it shows both options. Individual zone which is what I would like as a "force" select and allow the user to pick ground, 2nd day air ect...

I hope I am being clear about this? I would really appreciate the help.

THanks in advance.

:rolleyes:

Well if I had played around with the mod more I might have noticed that it does Include the "individual product shipping" just never shows up in the checkout. I only noticed after the purchase was in its confirmed state. Any way to show or display the zone fee on the shipping checkout as like in my case + $120.00. Just to remind the user that this extra cost is added to whatever method of shipment they choose?

Has anyone done that? or know how?