• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Options as Images Contribution

Is anyone working on an update to this contribution? It looks like a great option, but I am having troubles installing. I have followed the other post trying to get it to work but have been unable too. Maybe someone could do a good installation manual to help everyone.

Thanks

Mike

Hi

having same problems with the image options contribution too. In fact, the source code for image options in some the the files eg general.php, is so very different from the latest general.php file in Oscom MS2 , that i doubt whether it will work at all. Think the contribution needs a MAJOR rewrite.

Maz

As oscom develops, code on its core pages will change too. Rather than the 'optionimages' or indeed any other contribution offering ready-made 'core pages' to replace those in oscommerce, there should be a detailed listing of the code changes. Especially when these code changes affect the core oscommerce pages such as default,index, config, etc. Then at least we could attempt the code changes ourselves on whatever snapshot we use, without the fear that we have totally messed up the main pages.

Because this contribution is based on a very old snapshot, its virtually impossible to see which code controls the optionimages. If anyone knows what code chages are necessary on what pages, then please post this so we could have another attempt at integrating optionimages into the latest snapshot.

Regards

Maz

Hi Oliver

Just wondering if you know which pages were altered. If you have the original snapshot PLUS the pages that were configured for you, maybe we could compare the two to see what code changes were made to get the contribution to work.

I am willing to do this and test this out, then post the changes as a free contribution to the oscommerce community. OF COURSE I understand you have paid for the installation, so i am willing to contribute to your costs too.

Just let me know.

Best regards

maz

maz,

I am not sure which files were altered. I know that the guy that I hire had a hard time making it work.

I dont mind sharing the files and even better if you contribute to my cost.

I would not like to pay again to install it in another site so lets do it.

Regards,

Oliver