• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[NEW Contribution] Desktop Java Admin Client v0.1.0

Hi all,

i just wanted to announce the first version of a Java osCommerce desktop admin --> yourShopAdmin

This admin is a swing-desktop application, and is able to:

- add, modify, delete manufacturers

- add, modify, delete categories

- add, modify, delete products

- upload products images

This is only the first version.

the contribution is located in the contributions section

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1326

the project site is located:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/yourshopadmin

hope it will help

Claudio Romano

www.snowbear.ch

OMG! :o

Just looking at the screenshots is very impressive. I can't read the language but I can make out what it's suppose to do and it looks very nice. Kinda like a GUI interface for the store.

When time permits I want to install and check it out more.

Will there be anything else added to it in the furture?

Hi,

Will there be anything else added to it in the furture?

Sure!! :D

I'm about to set the goals of the project.

Some little next steps will be:

• - Multi languages

- Products Attributes

- copy products

For the future it's planed to add modules like:

• - Orders ( process order, add manual order, modify)

- Customer ( new, modify, delete)

- Print invoices, ...

- Plugin system for contributions

So, stay tuned :wink:

siu

cro - sourceforge.net/projects/yourshopadmin/

www.pcconnect.ch

I installed it and it looks sharp. Of course as said before Language is an issue. But another issue is it seems to show who the manufactures are and under them it will show the products, but the top shows no categories or sub categories or products, just folders and a dot.

Screen shots below should explain it better. Descriptions seem to be missing at least I think the box on the bottom right is where it should be. :)

javaapp1.jpg

javaapp2.jpg

Looks similar to what I have been working on. My project is completely in PHP and generated HTML though with an eventual goal of a PHP-GTK application. Never really liked Java so have never learned it.

Descriptions seem to be missing at least I think the box on the bottom right is where it should be.

To solve your problem, just try to install a new language on your osCommerce. I hard-coded the language_id with '2' :oops: .

This is only the first version, just to show people what is growing. I have a lot of code and stuff that will be implemented in the next two weeks.

_________

cro

yourShopAdmin]sourceforge.net/projects/yourshopadmin/]yourShopAdmin

Nice Gui and java coding !!

it might be a bit early to ask this question, but

will there be a possibility to use this if you can?t connect direktly to your db? There are a some providers (for example puretec) wich only allow a connection from the localhost or the specific ip where your webspace is located.

george

will there be a possibility to use this if you can?t connect direktly to your db?

For the database connection/handling i use OJB .

There is an option to use a apache-tomcat server...but i don't know how many providers will offer such a service if they don't allow external database connection :cry:.

Maybe we will find solution in the future for this...any proposals :wink:

cro

www.pcconnect.ch

Probably a good idea too, maybe a poll might be in order to see how many have access and how many don't. My hosting company normally doesnt either. But I have been with them for 6 years almost since they started so I lucked out.

Probably a good idea too, maybe a poll might be in order to see how many have access and how many don't.

Good idea :!:

What possibilities we have to start such a poll??

cro

yourShopAdmin

Never really liked Java so have never learned it.
Java is the the programming language i use the most at the moment.

Delphi would be easy to.....i was looking for object oriented language where it's easy to write database driven clients ( with nice layouts).

Looks similar to what I have been working on.
It's an open source project? Can i download something? I'm very interested :!:

cro

yourShopAdmin

Delphi would be easy to.....i was looking for object oriented language where it's easy to write database driven clients ( with nice layouts).

[/quote

s only. I need to make sure what I create works on Windows' date=' Linux, Macintosh and Unix without plugins or other software besides a web browser.

Looks similar to what I have been working on.
It's an open source project? Can i download something? I'm very interested :!:

It will be open source because it is based on the same classes and functions within OSC now. Right now it is in the early development stages and I hope to have the first version of "OSC Shopkeeper" available sometime in August. This version will be designed to run in a web browser but will act like a standard GUI application with easier maintanence and a lot of new features (manual orders, a POS mode, multiple admins, messaging between admins, webmail, built-in WYSIWYG editor for descriptions, reviews, and more)..

Sorry the previous post got really messed up because of the quotes for some reason.

The answer to the first part was that Delphi is a Windows only solution. I need a solution that works cross-platform without plugins. One of the biggest problems with Java is that it is not a 100% standard on any platform

One of the biggest problems with Java is that it is not a 100% standard on any platform

I'm working sice 4 years with java, and i must admit, is not always write once run everyware. But if you code carefully ( don't use plattform specific funtions, using of layout instead of fix positions,..) and be aware of the fact that the programm should run on a linux to, the additional expenses could be minimized. And the programm will run on linux as on windows. These is my experience....

And i think a language like java goes further as somethings you just cannot do over a web based interface.

cro

Not sure on the poll. I know this board software can do it but I dont see it active. :(

Probably a good idea too, maybe a poll might be in order to see how many have access and how many don't.

Good idea :!:

What possibilities we have to start such a poll??

cro

yourShopAdmin

yeah a poll is a good idea... anybody on a cPanel administered server won't be able to use it, as cPanel blocks the remote mySQL port. (ok maybe not everyone on cPanel servers, but most admins aren't going to hack cPanel).

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke