• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up Multi Warehouse System

MrMayberry

I have setup 3 different warehouses with inventory in each one. These each have different address/zip/postal codes.

I was thinking that this would generate different shipping quotes depending on the item selected, for example:

Customer is from New York and they pick an item that is warehoused in California it would be $100.00 or Value1?

Same Customer is from New York and they pick an item that is warehoused in Virginia it would be $35.00 or Value2?

Is this not how the warehouse setup should work? Or am I missing something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Edited by MrMayberry

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2022 at 5:56 PM, MrMayberry said:

I have setup 3 different warehouses with inventory in each one. These each have different address/zip/postal codes.

I was thinking that this would generate different shipping quotes depending on the item selected, for example:

Customer is from New York and they pick an item that is warehoused in California it would be $100.00 or Value1?

Same Customer is from New York and they pick an item that is warehoused in Virginia it would be $35.00 or Value2?

Is this not how the warehouse setup should work? Or am I missing something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... 

Hello Billy

Please check fileld Additional shipping charge (net) in warehouse settings

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I see the extra charge in the warehouse settings.

I was more wanting it to build a shipping cost using the warehouse location to the customer's address.

Example:

Item is located florida warehouse and being shipped to ohio, then build the shipping cost accordingly.

Item is located in texas warehouse and shipping to ohio, then build the shipping cost accordingly.

Is this possible?

Hello, we are trying to set up OSC and have multivendor feature on it. 

Is there currently an extension / app that would allow us to create Shops and let them manage their own products, orders, catalog?

If yes, is there any link with info for it? If not, is anything in development and coming soon?

Ivan,

Thanks for the information for separate "stores" with one installation - Great feature by the way!

I was looking for more information if I have 1 company, and I have product it 2-3 different locations/warehouses and want to build shipping cost accordingly? Is that possible?

I see supplier for cost and inventory controls. Then we have warehouse with options and it ask for warehouse address. I have 3 warehouses setup with different addresses thinking that it would build shipping cost from that address to the customers address?

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated... Have a great day!