• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

warleb2

Admin page not found

Just made a fresh installation of oscommerce. everything looks fine but when I try to access the admin page it just takes me to the front page of the site and says the following.  Anyone had this before.  Something strange maybe.

image.thumb.png.05f8128a2abdb74cf106a1299adc1ae2.png

Edited by warleb2

This is quite long and hopefully someone can help me.  I am experiencing issues across the board here regarding the installation of oscommerce using latest the release v4_07_53163.zip.

I have done various installations now and each one giving different results.  I will try to explain further/

1st Installation
1st Installation I used the MARIADB_10 database.   There was no issues with the installation.  It all went through smooth but no images were shown on the main front screen after completion of the installation.  When I clicked on a product no images were shown.  I then contacted IONOS support and was on hold with them for about 50 minutes whilst they tried to fix the issue.  In the end they came back and told me that it was a htaccess redirect issue with the SSL and that I would need to edit this because the image path was not pointing to the HTTPS url.  I have no idea if that is true or not.  I have no idea what I need to change here.

Admin Panel
The admin panel also did not work.  When I typed the URL xxxxx.co.uk/admin  it found the URL no problem but then it displayed the page as shown above.   

Buying products
When I tried to add a product to the cart nothing happened.  If I clicked on a product to view more info it then allowed me to buy it but it never went into the basked.

Now because the buying of the products did not work I suspected that something needed changing on the admin side of things but because I can not access the admin page I have no idea.

2nd Installation
The second installation I used MYSQL 8.0.  Again,  the installation all went through ok but again no images on the front page.  But when I attempted to drill down and view a product I got a server error.  attached..  I have had to take this on my phone as I am not at home right now.  Now I can provide the server error log if someone can tell me where it is.   I found one called access.log.current.   If that is what you need I can attached it.
image.png.20e16d788f3217771ff69e217607a066.png

For the admin I get the same message.

So that's two installations with two different databases giving different results.  I don't know if it's something that I am doing wrong regarding the installation of something else.  I have used oscommerce a few years back and never had these kind of issues.  it just worked straight off the bat.

Now I am more than happy to give access to an oscommerce admin guy if they want to have a dig around to see what the issue is because I am a bit stumped.  I can give access via FTP or by logging onto IONOS under my account details.  You can even make a fresh installation if you want.  I don't really care.  But at the moment I am stuck.

Cheers
Steve

1 hour ago, warleb2 said:

This is quite long and hopefully someone can help me.  I am experiencing issues across the board here regarding the installation of oscommerce using latest the release v4_07_53163.zip.

I have done various installations now and each one giving different results.  I will try to explain further/

1st Installation
1st Installation I used the MARIADB_10 database.   There was no issues with the installation.  It all went through smooth but no images were shown on the main front screen after completion of the installation.  When I clicked on a product no images were shown.  I then contacted IONOS support and was on hold with them for about 50 minutes whilst they tried to fix the issue.  In the end they came back and told me that it was a htaccess redirect issue with the SSL and that I would need to edit this because the image path was not pointing to the HTTPS url.  I have no idea if that is true or not.  I have no idea what I need to change here.

Admin Panel
The admin panel also did not work.  When I typed the URL xxxxx.co.uk/admin  it found the URL no problem but then it displayed the page as shown above.   

Buying products
When I tried to add a product to the cart nothing happened.  If I clicked on a product to view more info it then allowed me to buy it but it never went into the basked.

Now because the buying of the products did not work I suspected that something needed changing on the admin side of things but because I can not access the admin page I have no idea.

2nd Installation
The second installation I used MYSQL 8.0.  Again,  the installation all went through ok but again no images on the front page.  But when I attempted to drill down and view a product I got a server error.  attached..  I have had to take this on my phone as I am not at home right now.  Now I can provide the server error log if someone can tell me where it is.   I found one called access.log.current.   If that is what you need I can attached it.
image.png.20e16d788f3217771ff69e217607a066.png

For the admin I get the same message.

So that's two installations with two different databases giving different results.  I don't know if it's something that I am doing wrong regarding the installation of something else.  I have used oscommerce a few years back and never had these kind of issues.  it just worked straight off the bat.

Now I am more than happy to give access to an oscommerce admin guy if they want to have a dig around to see what the issue is because I am a bit stumped.  I can give access via FTP or by logging onto IONOS under my account details.  You can even make a fresh installation if you want.  I don't really care.  But at the moment I am stuck.

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve,

Please PM me the access via FTP and by logging onto IONOS under your account details for us to check this issue further.

Best regards,

Ivan

if i rename the htaccess file with temp and access the site I get this.
image.png.f6cce0185cb84b58e2892420cb86dbe2.png

if I remove temp from htaccess I get this
image.png.78626b08d0eed1aa9300528bc106419d.png

So something to do with htaccess config I feel.  What to change here I have no idea

Hi,

I have decided to choose a different ecommerce tool which installed perfectly with no issues.  Its a shame because I wanted oscommerce.

cheers
Steve

On 11/25/2022 at 7:18 PM, warleb2 said:

if i rename the htaccess file with temp and access the site I get this.
image.png.f6cce0185cb84b58e2892420cb86dbe2.png

if I remove temp from htaccess I get this
image.png.78626b08d0eed1aa9300528bc106419d.png

So something to do with htaccess config I feel.  What to change here I have no idea

Hi Steve,

When you provided me with the access via FTP and by logging onto IONOS I requested you to provide me with the corresponding telephone number for us to be able to login onto IONOS. Since you never did we failed to access it and check the issues you reported further.

So based on the information you provided us with we would recommend to check the server settings with your hosting provider. Please see the link below regarding it.

https://wiki.oscommerce.com/index.php?title=Installing_osCommerce_4_on_Dedicated_Server,_Cloud_Server_or_VPS

Best regards,

Ivan

Hi Ivan.  I am prepared to give this another go which I just did.  I looked at the wiki and apart from downgrading the PHP version which I just did and create the mara10 DB which I just did I don't think there is anything else I can change here.  I have a valid SSL cert on the site and to me it all looks good. 

I am going to send you new details to access my IONOS account where you can look at PHP versions, databases etc.  I already have a copy of the latest release of oscommerce which I use to copy to make fresh installs.  Saves me uploading it all the time to IONOS.

I will send you a PM now with my telephone details.   

Thanks
Steve

IONOS managed to make the server 500 error disapear by changing HTACCESS to this.  But now the SSL disappears when a product is clicked.  But the products can now be viewed at least without any encryption.  Still wrong but we are getting somewhere

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !=443
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://helious.co.uk/$1 [R=301,L]

Edited by warleb2

So I decided to make a fresh install.  Only this time I chose full SSL and I just put in the ionos changes in the htaccess file.  

So the images appear for the products but the banners and other graphics don't.  Also all pages have SSL encryption now.

Now I will leave it for you guys to have a check

Getting closer.

I added back the htaccess data that was updated on the install and added the ionos addtions as shown below.  Now all images are shown including banners.  Also,  the SSL encryption is still working on when I click on products.

I think all that is left now is to get the admin page working.

so https://www.helious.co.uk/admin  returns an oops page and can't find it.

#<IfModule mod_headers.c>
#  Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=86400; includeSubDomains; preload"
#</IfModule> 

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule /*\.svn(/|$) - [F,L]
RewriteRule /*\.sh($) - [F,L]
RewriteRule /*\.log($) - [F,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTPS}s on(s)|offs()
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
RewriteRule ^ https://www.%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [NE,L,R]
#RewriteRule ^ https://www.%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [NE,L,R=301]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.+)$
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

# if a directory or a file exists, use it directly
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

# otherwise forward it to index.php
RewriteRule . index.php
</IfModule>

###   ionos   ###
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !=443
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://helious.co.uk/$1 [R=301,L]
##   ionos   ##

## EXPIRES CACHING ##
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
AddType image/svg+xml .svg .svgz

ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/svg+xml "access plus 1 month"

# Fonts
# Add correct content-type for fonts
AddType application/vnd.ms-fontobject .eot 
AddType application/x-font-ttf .ttf
AddType application/x-font-opentype .otf
AddType application/x-font-woff .woff

# Add a far future Expires header for fonts
ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-fontobject "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-font-ttf "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-font-opentype "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-font-woff "access 1 month"

ExpiresDefault "access 2 days"
</IfModule>
## EXPIRES CACHING ##

## DEFLATE COMPRESSION ##
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xhtml+xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/rss+xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE image/svg+xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/vnd.ms-fontobject
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-ttf
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-opentype
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-font-woff
</IfModule>
## DEFLATE COMPRESSION ##
# X-Frame-Options
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header set X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN"
</IfModule>
## For links like /admin/index ##
<IfModule mod_negotiation.c>
    Options -MultiViews
</IfModule>
##

<IfModule mod_php7.c>
php_value max_execution_time 600
php_value max_input_time 600
php_value max_input_vars 10000
php_value memory_limit 256M
php_value post_max_size 64M
php_value upload_max_filesize 64M
php_value max_file_uploads 50
php_value session.gc_probability 1
php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 14400
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_php.c>
php_value max_execution_time 600
php_value max_input_time 600
php_value max_input_vars 10000
php_value memory_limit 256M
php_value post_max_size 64M
php_value upload_max_filesize 64M
php_value max_file_uploads 50
php_value session.gc_probability 1
php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 14400
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

@pandrei 

Many thanks for your support.  All seems to be up and running now.  I will check all functionality over coming days to make sure everything is working.

But thank you so much for sorting this out for me.

Cheers

Steve