• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

waverunner

Added Categories won't show in shop

Hi everyone what am I doing wrong, I have stripped the b2b supermarked back to image label breadcrumb and then I have setup Categories as per the other image

But nothing will show up on the front end? What am I doing wrong

breadcrumb.png

catagories.png

On 11/13/2022 at 7:39 AM, waverunner said:

Hi everyone what am I doing wrong, I have stripped the b2b supermarked back to image label breadcrumb and then I have setup Categories as per the other image

But nothing will show up on the front end? What am I doing wrong

breadcrumb.png

catagories.png

Hi Troy,

Please provide us with the access details to the admin area of your website for us to check it further. Also please provide us with more detailed explanation as to what you expected to show up on the front end.

Best regards,

Ivan

Would it be correct to assume those categories have no products in them? In that case they would likely be hidden automatically unti they get at least 1 product. 

We would be happy to assist in building a template, or you could approach a development partner of osCommerce. Please pm if you'd like to discuss this further 

14 minutes ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Would it be correct to assume those categories have no products in them? In that case they would likely be hidden automatically unti they get at least 1 product. 

We would be happy to assist in building a template, or you could approach a development partner of osCommerce. Please pm if you'd like to discuss this further 

Correct, now I have added an item the menu comes up, I will play some more.

Yes would like to seek assistance of a template simular to our existing one. Categories down the left hand side. Home page with newly added items etc etc.

Edited by waverunner

10 hours ago, BernhardEriksson said:

I would assume Troy expected to see the categories Balsa Caron Plywood and Test 1. I have the same problem with not seeing my newly added categories.

Please kindly note the system will likely hide empty categories to simplify user experience. 

24 minutes ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Please kindly note the system will likely hide empty categories to simplify user experience. 

This is a great feature (I implemented something like it on my own in our old shop). Another way to show the categories (especially useful when you are setting up a new shop) would be ot change the settings for the theme if I understand it correctly under:

"Theme Settings"
"Main details"
"Show empty categories"

6 minutes ago, BernhardEriksson said:

This is a great feature (I implemented something like it on my own in our old shop). Another way to show the categories (especially useful when you are setting up a new shop) would be ot change the settings for the theme if I understand it correctly under:

"Theme Settings"
"Main details"
"Show empty categories"

Yes that's correct! It is possible to manage its behaviour there.