• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Annoying Paypal Loop

Mort-lemur

I have suddenly found myself unable to take any payments via PayPal on my 2.3.4 site using the PayPal app.

I made some changes to the site which failed so had to ask the host to do a files and database restore to a point before I made the changes.

However, I now have this annoying issue - when a customer elects to pay by PayPal he is taken to the PayPal site to login etc. The item cost only is shown (without shipping), he is then taken back to the site to confirm and pay. In doing so he is taken back to the PayPal site again - this time with shipping included. He is then taken back to the site to confirm again - and so starts an endless loop between PayPal and our confirmation page.

There are no errors shown in the error log and my host assures me that no changes have been made to the server.

Has anyone come across this before?

Many Thanks

Edited by Mort-lemur

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I assume you are using the Express module since it only provides an approval for the given amount. See if you have the Instant Update option enabled since that will allow Paypal to include shipping. Although, if you have many shipping opitions and the customer chooses one of the non-default methods, he may still have to go back to Paypal. But in any case, the customer should not have to keep going back and forth. Your statement implies that might be happening and, if so, then there is something else going on. In that case I would just re-installing the app.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons