• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting some errors

josh1r

First, I apologize as I can't locate my old post regarding my site no longer working on Siteground hosting (as they no longer support php 5.x).  I ended up finally switching hosts to a2 (as they offer 5.x), but after the migration (which they handled), they tell me they are getting some errors in the logs and that the site is loading a blank page (I just now changed the nameservers to point to a2 so I can't yet verify what they are seeing.  They said the logs are as follows:

2022-10-13 21:21:34.908182 [NOTICE] [3778263] [T0] [10.36.80.7:49731:HTTP2-1#APVH_blueluxe.com:443] [STDERR] PHP Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/blueluxe/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

2022-10-13 21:21:34.920846 [NOTICE] [3778263] [T0] [10.36.80.7:49731:HTTP2-1#APVH_blueluxe.com:443] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error: Class 'SQLiteDatabase' not found in /home/blueluxe/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php on line 103

Are these quick/easy fixes?  I will of course research further on my own, but figured you guys might be able to tell me very quickly what to do.

Thanks for any help!

@josh1rThe first one is just a notice and shouldn't cause a failure unless mysql is not enabled in the php version being used, though your host should know enough to check that. The second one is due to the url rewriter you have installed. You can edit its cache setting to turn that off to choose a different option.

If you would prefer to move to a host that would have automatically handled these for you, please contact me. It is obvious from your hosts reply that they do not support oscommerce so you will almost certainly have problems in the future.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry, another follow-up if I may (though will still likely switch hosting as I need one that knows osc); I've almost got my site working again (host switched me from php 5.6 to 5.3), but am now getting this on the checkout page (I use a one page checkout add-on):

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/blueluxe/public_html/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 289

16 hours ago, josh1r said:

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated

That function was removed in php 5.4. So if you are running 5.3 the code should work but you will get a warning. But the warning can be hidden so wouldn't be a problem. If you are on 5.3 and the shop is failing on that function then I would question if your host has 5.3 set up correctly.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived