• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

page stuck upon edit product , please help

qtwrk

Hi, 

when edit a product , click on "save" , the page might stuck for long time

I got feeling it has something to do with database lock  , probably  "lock_wait_timeout"  setting  , but DB is like alien stuff to me ...

I was having error like this

79849679_ScreenShot2022-10-0616_35_37.thumb.png.a27043b78ae62cbc1f573bb92b2ed04a.png

it seems I need to increase the lock_wait_timeout to higher value , if not it errors out when edit product , but if I do , it stucks for long time until it can finish the SQL update 

so it's kind of like a paradox  ,   high timeout make page stuck for long time , low timeout make it unable to finish  

any hint or help will be much appreciated...

@qtwrkThat can happen if you have a large number of products due to how the rewriter handles cache for products. Try turning off the cache option for products in the settings to see if that helps. You may also need to use the clear cache setting.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

2 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

@qtwrkThat can happen if you have a large number of products due to how the rewriter handles cache for products. Try turning off the cache option for products in the settings to see if that helps. You may also need to use the clear cache setting.

thanks for reply ,  if you refer to this cache option , it was never enabled 

741073146_ScreenShot2022-10-0704_31_46.thumb.png.37aeaee95ee79e8fba78efb73f27d4be.png

10 hours ago, qtwrk said:

if you refer to this cache option

No, I am referring to the cache option in the url rewriter settings - admin->Configuration->SEO URLs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

16 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

No, I am referring to the cache option in the url rewriter settings - admin->Configuration->SEO URLs

thanks, please forgive me that I am not familiar with osccomerce 

I assume you meant to set this to false , and then reset the cache ?

1632002069_ScreenShot2022-10-0807_53_47.thumb.png.742f5f24bcb6053a833194f06469311a.png

best regards,

5 hours ago, qtwrk said:

I assume you meant to set this to false , and then reset the cache ?

You are in the right place. The one you changed will work but I meant the one for the products. It might be better to reverse the change you made and turn off the one for the products. But more importantly, did this fix your problem?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

2 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

You are in the right place. The one you changed will work but I meant the one for the products. It might be better to reverse the change you made and turn off the one for the products. But more importantly, did this fix your problem?

thanks for the advice, I have updated it accordingly 

well , be honest I do not know , it happens randomly , most of time the product update finishes in 0.x second ,  occasionally it stuck like that :(

Archived