Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

lee the bean

Problems & Observations

Recommended Posts

Version osc_4_03_50306

Installed on wamp server. No problems.

Followed migration instructions (from osc2. No problems connecting and importing data).

However:

1. OSCommerce Connector Service

-------------------------------
Start import for Products... Expecting: 2065
Import was interrupted due an error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Imported 60/2065 products

Repeated, same error. No errors logged in php log

 

2. Importing Brands
----------------
manufacturers id not imported - thus manufacturers names are added in alphabetical order starting at manufacturers_id 24.

ocs2 starting products_id = 92 (FOSS-0051)
osc4 starting products_id = 76 (VIRTUAL_GIFT_CARD); (77 = CPEB-0047)
osc4 last products_id = 136 (CTUM-0178a)
ocs2 products_id = 156  -->>  136 osc4

osc2 products table CTUM-0178a --> manufacturers_id = 150
osc4 products table CTUM-0178a --> manufacturers_id = 150 (hasn't added products_seo_page_name). This is last product imported befor error.

Products end up with incorrect manufacturers assisned.

 

3. Reviews not attached to products:
---------------------------------
reviews table - most products_id values are set to 0 (may be due to products not imported - as in 1 above)

 

4. Customer Addresses incorrect Counties:
--------------------------------------
osc2 zones table zone_id Stafordshire = 270 / Hertfordshire = 227
osc4 zones table zone_id Stafordshire = 227 / Hertfordshire = 205

 

5. Copied watch theme to amend to requirements.

Pressing Widget Groups button on copied theme:
-----------------------------
Error
An internal server error occurred.
The above error occurred while the Web server was processing your request.

Please contact us if you think this is a server error. Thank you.

 

6. Logo 404's on copied watch theme:
---------------------------------
<div class="logo">
    <img src="//themes\new-theme-name\img\\header.gif" alt="Company Name" style="border: none">
<div>
Although ok when editing theme or Preview in popup. Have to remove first / (ie /themes\new-theme-name\img\\header.gif) for it to work.

 

7. Products attributes:
-------------------
osc2 options_weight not mapped to osc4 products_attributes_weight
osc2 options_quantity not mapped at all!

Not including quantity values for options is a major omission. This was a mod to osc2 and works very well maintaining separate quantities for every product option.

 

8. Noticed <header> section incudes reply-to email address. Haven't explored if this is configurable but if not then another problem, as personally I don't have email addresses available on any page for spam scrappers to access. Users directed to contact us page only.

General observation  - so distant (but most likely vastly improved) from osc2 wouldn't it have been better to launch under new Branding.

Not really progressed further than playing with menus and getting head around the theme logistics, so no doubt more problems lurking 

 

9. Product description table

Multiple entries with same products_id

products_description-table.png

Edited by lee the bean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, osCommerce-Official said:

@pandrei could you please look at the import related comments? 

Not sure what this reply means, but looking through previous topics - no import problems seemed to apply. Only the product import failed/errored (60 out of 2065 populated in osc4 Db).

The rest of the problems are post import observations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Lee,

1.

1 hour ago, lee the bean said:

Start import for Products... Expecting: 2065
Import was interrupted due an error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Could you send me in pm the log files located at lib\common\extensions\OscLink\logs\*

2.

1 hour ago, lee the bean said:

manufacturers id not imported - thus manufacturers names are added in alphabetical order starting at manufacturers_id 24.

The IDs are not imported directly, because you can already have ID with imported value. In you case you had 23 manufacturers (probably test products) before start import. It does not matter if you deleted them before import.

3.

1 hour ago, lee the bean said:

reviews table - most products_id values are set to 0 (may be due to products not imported - as in 1 above)

You are right, the products must be successfully imported before. A good news - you can reimport products and reviews after we fix the error.

4.

1 hour ago, lee the bean said:

osc2 zones table zone_id Stafordshire = 270 / Hertfordshire = 227
osc4 zones table zone_id Stafordshire = 227 / Hertfordshire = 205

The answer the same as in point 2.

5.

1 hour ago, lee the bean said:

Pressing Widget Groups button on copied theme:
-----------------------------
Error

Please send us the following log files:

lib/backend/runtime/logs/app.log

lib/frontend/runtime/logs/app.log

6.

1 hour ago, lee the bean said:

6. Logo 404's on copied watch theme:

That's why we recommend Linux for installing. There can be many reasons why you are getting the wrong filename under Windows.

7.

2 hours ago, lee the bean said:

7. Products attributes:

 

2 hours ago, lee the bean said:

9. Product description table

It may become clearer after looking at the logs

8.

2 hours ago, lee the bean said:

8. Noticed <header> section incudes reply-to email address. Haven't explored if this is configurable but if not then another problem, as personally I don't have email addresses available on any page for spam scrappers to access. Users directed to contact us page only.

It can't be disabled via options because nobody asked before 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pandrei said:

Hello Lee,

1.

Could you send me in pm the log files located at lib\common\extensions\OscLink\logs\*

5.

Please send us the following log files:

lib/backend/runtime/logs/app.log

lib/frontend/runtime/logs/app.log

 

 

The amended products.php worked - thanks pandrei, all products imported. However product_descriptions table still has 8 entries per product (1 good, 7 NULLs), as per earlier entry and even on all products now imported.

Further observations:

1. Tools --> DB Backup button does nothing (although restore brings up Restore local options).

2. Not all products_attributes table columns imported (attached image is osc2 table). Product Options not appearing on product page (configurable?)

3. I would say that at the moment it wouldn't be possible to do a clean swap from osc2 --> osc4. For example:

  • seo product page url structure changed so would loose google indexed pages (osc2 -> /product-name-p-product_id.html -  /agate-apricot-tumblestone-p-1403.html)
  • need to provide 'empty database tables' option so all osc2 imported data that uses osc2 ids get imported (products_id, manufacturers_id, orders_id, reviews_id, customers_id etc etc) else nothing marrys up.

4. Backend links to front end are adding double slash (eg preview product) to localhost (ie http://localhost//agate-apricot-tumblestone). Could this be due to the installation sales channel url (default was / which I left for localhost)? 

5. I have a mod in osc2 products.php to load a 360 image Preview.html file via iframe if the folder and file exist (in a configurable folder location in configuration.php), using the products_model as location folder/file structure. Is it possible to do this local mod myself and if so which file needs the mod in osc4?

products_attributes.png

Edited by lee the bean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2022 at 10:46 AM, lee the bean said:

However product_descriptions table still has 8 entries per product (1 good, 7 NULLs), as per earlier entry and even on all products now imported.

1) Each sales channel and each language has its own description row for a product. If you delete unused sales channels and languages - these records will be less.

 

On 8/19/2022 at 10:46 AM, lee the bean said:

1. Tools --> DB Backup button does nothing (although restore brings up Restore local options).

2) It works well under Linux and under Windows. It may fail because of incorrect paths.

 

On 8/19/2022 at 10:46 AM, lee the bean said:

2. Not all products_attributes table columns imported (attached image is osc2 table)

3) What exactly columns do you mean? options_id and options_value_id? You have to import Product Options entity before Products. Otherwise these columns will be empty.

 

On 8/19/2022 at 10:46 AM, lee the bean said:

seo product page url structure changed so would loose google indexed pages (osc2 -> /product-name-p-product_id.html -  /agate-apricot-tumblestone-p-1403.html)

4) You can correct it by changing SEO Page Name field in the SEO tab while editing product. Or you can do it for all products by running query:

UPDATE products_description SET products_seo_page_name = CONCAT( REPLACE(LOWER(products_name), ' ', '-'), '-p-', products_id) WHERE products_name <> ''

On 8/19/2022 at 10:46 AM, lee the bean said:

Could this be due to the installation sales channel url (default was / which I left for localhost)? 

5) Yes, it is one of the possible reasons.

On 8/19/2022 at 10:46 AM, lee the bean said:

5. I have a mod in osc2 products.php to load a 360 image Preview.html file via iframe if the folder and file exist (in a configurable folder location in configuration.php), using the products_model as location folder/file structure. Is it possible to do this local mod myself and if so which file needs the mod in osc4?

You can write an extension (\common\extensions), intercept product showing via hooks and maybe modify theme by overwriting a widget for showing product image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, pandrei said:

1) Each sales channel and each language has its own description row for a product. If you delete unused sales channels and languages - these records will be less.

Makes sense (documentation would help - sorry if I missed this)

2) It works well under Linux and under Windows. It may fail because of incorrect paths  &  5) Yes, it is one of the possible reasons

I'll re-install again... as I found other admin functions that don't work.

3) What exactly columns do you mean? options_id and options_value_id? You have to import Product Options entity before Products. Otherwise these columns will be empty.

Sorry, I should have highlighted the columns in the earlier osc2 image, and I followed the import instructs to the tee, so options where imported first.

osc4 products_attributes_weight - no values populated, osc2 equivalent column = options_weight (from contribution) 
osc4 no options_quantity column  (from osc2 contribution)

oscom-quantity-for-product-attributes-mod

4) You can correct it by changing SEO Page Name field in the SEO tab while editing product. Or you can do it for all products by running query:

UPDATE products_description SET products_seo_page_name = CONCAT( REPLACE(LOWER(products_name), ' ', '-'), '-p-', products_id) WHERE products_name <> ''

Except products_ids are no longer valid (as mentioned earlier) as install doesn't seem to import osc2 product_ids (or any xxxx_ids from site specific tables - so nothing marries up between osc2 and osc4)

You can write an extension (\common\extensions), intercept product showing via hooks and maybe modify theme by overwriting a widget for showing product image.

Thanks great news, I'll check this out.

Thanks pandrei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are welcome, Lee.

2 hours ago, lee the bean said:

osc4 products_attributes_weight - no values populated, osc2 equivalent column = options_weight (from contribution) 
osc4 no options_quantity column  (from osc2 contribution)

oscom-quantity-for-product-attributes-mod

I've put these request into our consideration list.

2 hours ago, lee the bean said:

Except products_ids are no longer valid (as mentioned earlier) as install doesn't seem to import osc2 product_ids (or any xxxx_ids from site specific tables - so nothing marries up between osc2 and osc4)

Not a problem.

UPDATE products_description
INNER JOIN connector_osclink_mapping ON products_description.products_id = connector_osclink_mapping.internal_id
INNER JOIN connector_osclink_entity ON connector_osclink_mapping.entity_id = connector_osclink_entity.id AND connector_osclink_entity.entity_name = 'products.products_id'
SET products_seo_page_name = CONCAT( REPLACE(LOWER(products_name), ' ', '-'), '-p-', connector_osclink_mapping.external_id)
WHERE products_description.products_name <> ''

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×