Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce-Official

How to report installation and operation issues

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

We are happy to see members of this Forum downloading new osCommerce 4.0 and trying it on their servers. 

1. PLEASE NOTE: we have created free hosting solution for users to try osCommerce before installing it on your servers! You can have at least 1 month of free hosting with osCommerce to learn the system and see if it suits you. They come with FTP and DB access, so you have similar kind of access as to your own server.

2. In case of any issues with the installation or operation of osCommerce on YOUR SERVER resulting in any errors, we would like to request that:

  A. You are welcome to post error message on this Forum and other members may be able to advise you

  B. You would need to check server logs to see if there may be an issue with permissions or anything else. They would be located on your server at:
    lib/frontend/runtime/logs/app.log
    lib/backend/runtime/logs/app.log


  C. If you still require help, please post the said log OR message it to us via this Forum

 

In case you require a response from osCommerce, please consider sending us access details to your server / Control panel via Forum messages. All such messages will be treated with utmost safety and security and will be removed once the problem is resolved.

Edited by osCommerce-Official

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is an error or it’s me.

If you install full SSL and put web address as say www2.domain.com when the install completes it will add a www in the front of that. So it try’s to go to https://www.www2.domain.com of course then it fails

i think this could be fixed by editing .htaccess and more have not dove in that far yet. 
 

overall this is great I’m having fun can’t wait for add in apps to come alive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

install the V4 but I can only access the admin to the stores the folder does not exist

/furniture/ (the folder does not exist)

printshop/(the folder does not exist)

Oops!

We can't seem to find the page you're looking for

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rlroger said:

Not sure if this is an error or it’s me.

If you install full SSL and put web address as say www2.domain.com when the install completes it will add a www in the front of that. So it try’s to go to https://www.www2.domain.com of course then it fails

i think this could be fixed by editing .htaccess and more have not dove in that far yet. 
 

overall this is great I’m having fun can’t wait for add in apps to come alive. 

Thanks for your comment! We have identified a change in .htaccess that needs to be done:

.htaccess, line 12:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.

change it to:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, patrocine said:

install the V4 but I can only access the admin to the stores the folder does not exist

/furniture/ (the folder does not exist)

printshop/(the folder does not exist)

Oops!

We can't seem to find the page you're looking for

 

Would it please be possible to send us access to the test server (via the messages) so that we could check what is going on there? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The problem is that I had to select
* Sales Channels
* select url
* CHOSSE THEME option and choose the correct theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, patrocine said:

The problem is that I had to select
* Sales Channels
* select url
* CHOSSE THEME option and choose the correct theme.

So is this now resolved, once you've assigned the theme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×