Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce-Official

How to report installation and operation issues

Recommended Posts

On 11/17/2022 at 9:10 PM, spidometrs said:

Thanks for your help!
Are these commands in the description of OScommerce V4 installation?
Where is that written?
I have not seen such descriptions.

 

On 11/17/2022 at 8:42 PM, pandrei said:

You have to create a symlink for each sales channel in this way:

cd /www/wwwroot/demo-v4.mysite.com

ln -s ./ watch

ln -s ./ furniture

ln -s ./ printshop

ln -s ./ b2b-supermarket

Thanks this works!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

After a last update, on the catalog is broken. It's impossible to see anyone website (except the admin). No idea what's happen, the update was correct and no alert.



Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gyakutsuki said:

Hello,

After a last update, on the catalog is broken. It's impossible to see anyone website (except the admin). No idea what's happen, the update was correct and no alert.

@pandreicould you please check this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gyakutsuki said:

Hello,

After a last update, on the catalog is broken. It's impossible to see anyone website (except the admin). No idea what's happen, the update was correct and no alert.

Could you send me the log files?

Go to the Admin > Settings > Tools > Error Log Viewer and click Download all logs button

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the database access step of the installation, it gives "504 error: There is an error while processing this request. " How can I figure out what is wrong? The DBS are created.

Thank you in advance.

 

 

 

Edited by webwork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, webwork said:

In the database access step of the installation, it gives "504 error: There is an error while processing this request. " How can I figure out what is wrong? The DBS are created.

Thank you in advance.

 

 

 

@pandreicould you please help? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, webwork said:

In the database access step of the installation, it gives "504 error: There is an error while processing this request. " How can I figure out what is wrong? The DBS are created.

It seems the installation script could not connect database due timeout error.

Could you provide a screenshot of the error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2022 at 10:05 AM, pandrei said:

It seems the installation script could not connect database due timeout error.

Could you provide a screenshot of the error?

there screenshots are attached. 1. error 2. files attributes. 3. dbs tabels.  the file's owner was changed to www-data per the instructions. it was http before the change.

dbs.jpg

error_screen.jpg

files.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2022 at 12:45 AM, webwork said:

there screenshots are attached. 1. error 2. files attributes. 3. dbs tabels.  the file's owner was changed to www-data per the instructions. it was http before the change.

Thanks for the screenshots.

504 error - is a error of http server or proxy: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/504

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried with v.4.07 build 53163.    The dabebase acess passed and in "setup" section. however not dbs tables were created.   

no-dbs-table-error.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, webwork said:

I tried with v.4.07 build 53163.    The dabebase acess passed and in "setup" section. however not dbs tables were created.

Could you send me the log file: /install/install.log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pandrei said:

Could you send me the log file: /install/install.log

Attached log is from the v.4.07 installation with several tries. Very appreciated your help! I will try v4.08 and check the log.

install.log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, webwork said:

Attached log is from the v.4.07 installation with several tries. Very appreciated your help! I will try v4.08 and check the log.

install.log

Thanks for the log file.

I see that platforms table was not created and some records were not added to languages table.

Are you sure that the MySQL user whose name you enter on the Database Access page has enough rights to create new tables and insert new records into your newstore_dbs database?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same MySQL user can create all tables and record when I installed v4.08. But v4.08 have 504 error

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, webwork said:

The same MySQL user can create all tables and record when I installed v4.08. But v4.08 have 504 error

If you still have 504 error, how did you reach the next Settings page?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2023 at 1:56 PM, pandrei said:

If you still have 504 error, how did you reach the next Settings page?

No. I cannot. But I can see the dbs via phpmyadmin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, webwork said:

No. I cannot. But I can see the dbs via phpmyadmin

Is this your screenshot?

On 12/31/2022 at 11:53 PM, webwork said:

I tried with v.4.07 build 53163.    The dabebase acess passed and in "setup" section. however not dbs tables were created.   

no-dbs-table-error.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pandrei said:

Is this your screenshot?

 

Different versions have different issues

V4.07: No 504 error and go to Settings page. However, dbs is not created.

V4.08. 504 error in "database access" phase. cannot go tosetting page. However, dbs is created.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, webwork said:

Different versions have different issues

V4.07: No 504 error and go to Settings page. However, dbs is not created.

V4.08. 504 error in "database access" phase. cannot go tosetting page. However, dbs is created.

Do you have enough free disk space to install?

When the error happens, could you open lib/sql folder and find file size of trueloaded.sql?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pandrei said:

Do you have enough free disk space to install?

When the error happens, could you open lib/sql folder and find file size of trueloaded.sql?

This is V4.07 installation

root@mycloud:/volume1/web/newstore/install# df
Filesystem       1K-blocks       Used  Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/md0           2385528    1731820     534924  77% /
devtmpfs            461360          0     461360   0% /dev
tmpfs               465192         36     465156   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs               465192      22352     442840   5% /run
tmpfs               465192          0     465192   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs               465192       1468     463724   1% /tmp
/dev/md2       10305263128 4507188608 5798074520  44% /volume1
root@mycloud:/volume1/web/newstore/install# 

 

root@mycloud:/volume1/web/newstore/sql# ls -l
total 0
-rwxrwx---+ 1 http http 0 Dec 31 15:15 trueloaded.sql
root@mycloud:/volume1/web/newstore/sql#

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, webwork said:

This is V4.07 installation

root@mycloud:/volume1/web/newstore/install# df
Filesystem       1K-blocks       Used  Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/md0           2385528    1731820     534924  77% /
devtmpfs            461360          0     461360   0% /dev
tmpfs               465192         36     465156   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs               465192      22352     442840   5% /run
tmpfs               465192          0     465192   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs               465192       1468     463724   1% /tmp
/dev/md2       10305263128 4507188608 5798074520  44% /volume1
root@mycloud:/volume1/web/newstore/install# 

 

root@mycloud:/volume1/web/newstore/sql# ls -l
total 0
-rwxrwx---+ 1 http http 0 Dec 31 15:15 trueloaded.sql
root@mycloud:/volume1/web/newstore/sql#

If I manually unzip the application_files_do_not_unzip.zip file, i have the sql file.

root@mycloud:/volume1/web/newstore/sql# ls -l
total 41908
-rwxrwx---+ 1 admin users 42912232 Oct 26 08:45 trueloaded.sql
root@mycloud:/volume1/web/newstore/sql#

It ends with 504 error with 4.07 version. So 4.07 and 4.08 have the same issue.

Is there any log that I can find out what is wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, webwork said:

-rwxrwx---+ 1 http http 0 Dec 31 15:15 trueloaded.sql

It seems we've found the problem. Something goes wrong while unzipping the file.

5 hours ago, webwork said:

Is there any log that I can find out what is wrong?

In this stage we are using the Apache error log. Try to find the error message starting with !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×