• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Future Availability of legacy Addons

FourMat

With the migration to the V4 platform and new organizational structure, will the legacy v2.x addons continue to be available? 

Currently, there are domain certificate issues that prevent my browser from accessing the addons locations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like the old addons section is still unavailable?  Either that or it's well hidden, I can't find it anywhere.

I'm tempted to look into V4 but so far I'm getting the impression that the addons are all going to be chargeable?  Or am I missing something?  Lots of "Price Coming Soon" everywhere.

If it still don't work, hit it again!

Senior PHP Dev with 18+ years of commercial experience for hire, all requirements considered, see profile for more information.

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC version (the community-supported responsive version) here.

Perfect, thank you @bonbec

If it still don't work, hit it again!

Senior PHP Dev with 18+ years of commercial experience for hire, all requirements considered, see profile for more information.

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC version (the community-supported responsive version) here.

2 hours ago, peterbuzzin said:

Looks like the old addons section is still unavailable?  Either that or it's well hidden, I can't find it anywhere.

I'm tempted to look into V4 but so far I'm getting the impression that the addons are all going to be chargeable?  Or am I missing something?  Lots of "Price Coming Soon" everywhere.

To answer your question about osCommerce and apps.

First of all, osCommerce comes with a LOT of good features not previously available in the older versions, on its own it is a capable Ecommerce solution.

Then comes the App Shop. It will have free and paid apps. The placeholder message you can see now is not indicative of the status of particular apps. Both free and paid apps will be downloadable via the back end of osCommerce. Also, ALL developers will be able to create their own Apps and submit them into the App Shop, and decide if they want to charge for them or offer them free of charge. Naturally, a business that is growing and is selling OK online will happily pay a reasonable price for an App that brings new features and allows is to sell and serve its clients even better. Especially if such apps will be well supported.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...