• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

delete remove fake customers spam

mafiouso

You can do that in admin->Honey Pot->Fake Accounts. In the free version there isn't a way to ignore accounts with orders so you need to be sure the ones you are deleting are really fake ones. The free version also doesn't have the option to delete all of them in one go. So if there is a very large number of them you either need to delete them in smaller units or change the post_max_sixe setting for your account to a higher number.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

1 hour ago, mafiouso said:

it was a snow mod

I don't know what that is so I can't comment on it.

The link you mention is not the latest version. See the one I posted.

i also dont see the delete option my my stock stores

If you mean the delete in the Fake Accounts section, it should be there. If it isn't I can't say why but it must be something with your installation.

also i said i need to delete thousands so i will need another method

The two methods I mentioned are the only choices for the free version. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

why isnt the version of honeypot you shared on the official site?

The two methods I mentioned are the only choices for the free version?  are you promoting honeypot or something? is there no other way?

15 minutes ago, mafiouso said:

why isnt the version of honeypot you shared on the official site?

In order to upload to there an oscommerce team member has to approve the upload and they aren't doing that. I suspect it is because they are concentrating on the V4 release and can't bothered with addons for pre-V4 sites, which is understandable.

The free version of Honey Pot works very well. It does a better job that googles recaptcha. But there are limitations to it. If you want to remove those limitations then you can purchase the Pro version. Otherwise the choices I mentioned are the only options. There are many addons that offer a Free and Pro version. It's your decision as to which you use.

Regarding deleting the accounts, have you asked your host to increase that setting. Some will - some won't. If they do then you can deleted more at a time. Though you will still need to be sure they are all fake before deleting them.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Do this from phpMyadmin, and delete them manually from the customers table. Even if you have thousands of fake accounts you still want to know what you have deleted, to avoid deleting legitimate accounts.

Just now, Hotclutch said:

Do this from phpMyadmin, and delete them manually from the customers table.

That will cause invalid data in the database since the customer account uses more than one table.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1 minute ago, Jack_mcs said:

That will cause invalid data in the database since the customer account uses more than one table.

customers_info maybe ... anyway this is how I would do it. Should not take that long. You can delete up to 500 rows at a time.

6 minutes ago, mafiouso said:

so i cant delete the customers in bulk via myphpadmin ?? 30k?

No. but you can delete them 500 at a time after a visual check and assuming there are no legitimate customers in between. Afterwards you need to go check the tables mentioned in the above posts - customer_info and address_book.

i have been doing 500 at a time, still takes ages.

there are no new customer as the store has been offline for orders

im not sure if there will be issues caused by doing it this way as suggested, but i plan to move to V4 soon as it comes out

Archived