• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

brandnewen

dear friends

hope you are all well.

my oscommerce shop was outdated ,now I get this kind of problem whenever visiting this site.

I know its because of the old scripts doesnt support newest php7  and will try to update it later.but in the meantime,i hope to solve this problem to let the oscommerce shop run ,could you kindly give me some advice how to solve it ? im not good at scripting,so simpler the better.:)

thanks.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/customer/www/mysite.com/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/database.php:19 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/mysite.com/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php(65): tep_db_connect() #1 /home/customer/www/mysite.com/public_html/catalog/index.php(13): require('/home/customer/...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/customer/www/mysite.com/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

I attahced all mentioned file.could you have a check for me.thanks so much for your support.

application_top.php

database.php

index.php

@brandnewen The simplest solution, although temporary, is to ask your host if they can roll back to a prior version of PHP. Some will, some won't. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Beyond that, you have a couple of options. None will be quick and easy, though ...

1) Find another host that will allow you to use a prior version of PHP, and move your site to them

2) Choose one of the several osC forks that does run under newer versions of PHP, and migrate your site to the new version. You can do this with your existing host.

3) Try to update the code on your existing site to run under newer versions of PHP. If you are not a coder, this may be difficult. Plus, recognize that you would be making your own fork of osC, and no one else would be able to support it for you,

4) Move your site to another shopping cart.

5) Wait until osC v4 is released. We don't know when that will be, though. Can you wait?

If any of this sounds too difficult to do yourself, you may need to hire a developer to do it for you.

Good luck!

Malcolm

18 hours ago, ArtcoInc said:

@brandnewen The simplest solution, although temporary, is to ask your host if they can roll back to a prior version of PHP. Some will, some won't. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Beyond that, you have a couple of options. None will be quick and easy, though ...

1) Find another host that will allow you to use a prior version of PHP, and move your site to them

2) Choose one of the several osC forks that does run under newer versions of PHP, and migrate your site to the new version. You can do this with your existing host.

3) Try to update the code on your existing site to run under newer versions of PHP. If you are not a coder, this may be difficult. Plus, recognize that you would be making your own fork of osC, and no one else would be able to support it for you,

4) Move your site to another shopping cart.

5) Wait until osC v4 is released. We don't know when that will be, though. Can you wait?

If any of this sounds too difficult to do yourself, you may need to hire a developer to do it for you.

Good luck!

Malcolm

thank you.

Archived