• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce 4 beta 2 Internal Server Error?

wdepot

I've finally gotten MariaDB 10.5 working on my test server so I could install the database for osCommerce 4. I got past that, set up the company information, loaded the sample data and got to the final page of the install where the middle of the screen shows a 404 Error but you have links to go to the site or admin so I'm assuming everything was set up properly.

However all I get when I go to either the catalog site or the admin page is an error message that says an internal server error occurred. Or a least that is all I get when I use PHP 8.0 or 7.4. If I use PHP 8.1 I get the following:

An internal server error occurred.
Deprecated: Return type of yii\web\HeaderCollection::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/osc4/html/lib/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/web/HeaderCollection.php on line 37

Deprecated: Return type of yii\web\HeaderCollection::offsetExists($name) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetExists(mixed $offset): bool, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/osc4/html/lib/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/web/HeaderCollection.php on line 193

Deprecated: Return type of yii\web\HeaderCollection::offsetGet($name) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetGet(mixed $offset): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/osc4/html/lib/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/web/HeaderCollection.php on line 206

Deprecated: Return type of yii\web\HeaderCollection::offsetSet($name, $value) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetSet(mixed $offset, mixed $value): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/osc4/html/lib/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/web/HeaderCollection.php on line 219

Deprecated: Return type of yii\web\HeaderCollection::offsetUnset($name) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetUnset(mixed $offset): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/osc4/html/lib/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/web/HeaderCollection.php on line 231

Deprecated: Return type of yii\web\HeaderCollection::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/osc4/html/lib/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/web/HeaderCollection.php on line 48

So it would appear that osCommerce 4 is either not safe of PHP 8.1 or something about the internal server error is also causing the deprecated warnings. I'm not sure where to go from here since I have no idea what is causing the error. I was really hoping to try osCommerce 4 out but so far I'm not having much luck.

@wdepotI suggest you reference the V4 support person in your post since I don't think they monitor the forums too much, probably due to working on the release. Also, if you have a Beta version you should contact them to let the know of the problem. They should have mentioned that in the email they sent you when enabling it, assuming they haven't changed that policy. They quicjky responded to problems I reported but only through email or PM.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I would report this more directly but I can't seem to find the proper place to do so. The Bug Reports link on the osCommerce web site seems to be only for version 2 and 3.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, poser111 said:

How far are we away from v4 release ? Is it days or months?

See here. Let's hope it is accurate.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons