• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce configuration issue

Xamaa

I have a local server for development purpose which runs Wampserver 3.2.3, Apache 2.4.46 and php 5.6.40. I recently decided to copy my production site down to local server to be certain that the two are totally synchronized. All went reasonably well, but I have run into one issue. When I try to view files located in my store (osCommerce 2.3.4) the browser treats it as a download rather than web page to be rendered. Firefox, Chrome and Edge all seem to handle it the same way. Other web pages outside the scope of the store all perform normally. The store files render properly on the production server. It smells like a configuration issue but I don't know where to go with it. OsCommerce includes an .htaccess file which has this line: "AddHandler application/x-httpd-php56 .php .php5 .php4 .php3". Taking it out has no effect. Either way, Firefox displays the unformatted script and downloads the file. I notice Firefox is reporting its type as x-httpd-php. I have tinkered with the local htaccess file and the Apache config file but no luck. Any ideas?

3 hours ago, Xamaa said:

Firefox displays the unformatted script and downloads the file.

This is caused by characters being interpreted inorrectly and can be the result of many things. Here are some to try.

Depending upon the exact version of the shop, it may not work with php 5.6. Try switching to 5.4.

If that doesn't help, try disabling the cache and gzip settings in the shops configuration. You may have to do that via phpmyadmin if you can't get into admin. Also delete any cache files stored in the shop if some addon uses them.

And rename the roots .htaccess file to remove it as a possibility. If it has needed commands, like for a url rewrtiter, turn that addon off in the settings.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons