• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce 4 beta 2 installation problem

wdepot

Now that things are beginning to slow down at work I finally have a bit of time to try and check out osCommerce 4 beta 2 to see what I'm going to have to do to update our highly modified osCommerce 2.3 web site. I'm trying to install it on our test server (SMEServer 10 in a new ibay set to run PHP 8.1) but I'm getting stuck at the Unpacking Installation Files stage. It has been sitting on that step 2 page with the spinning wheel for well over a half hour and the disk access light on the test server computer is not blinking any longer so I would assume the zip folder should have been unzipped by now. What do I do next?

Okay after looking at the initial install code I noticed the die() command at the end of the ajax_unpack function. I took a look at the ibay and everything seemed to be unpacked properly and so I simply pointed my browser to the ibay again to see what would happen. That got me to the beta licensing agreement and from there I can get through step 3 creating the database but once it loads that I got to a totally blank page and never get step 4 settings or step 5 admin account. What do I do next?

After I realized that I had forgotten to turn on display_errors for my test ibay I discovered the source of the problem. I get a fatal error every time the database creation gets to the first table that has a default of CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on a datetime field. Apparently the check for a MySQL database fails to check the version of MySQL installed on the server. My test server has MariaDB 5.5.8 installed. Some research showed that MariaDB doesn't support CURRENT_TIMESTAMP as a default on a datetime field until version 10. The install program step 2 should have flagged MySQL as not being a recent enough version. Now I need to see if I can update the version of MariaDB on my test server.

• 4 weeks later...