• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

checkout_payment.php payment_error

MountainMan

Error message is not displaying in checkout_payment.   Am looking for tips in how to diagnose.

This bit of error handling code has been around a long time.  In OSC 2.3.4.1,   it starts at line #130 in checkout_payment.php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']) && is_object(${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}) && ($error = ${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}->get_error())) {

First question I have, is:  Why is there a single "=" instead of a "==" for the "$error = $" in the line above

Second question is:   Where does "$error['title']" come from?  I am assuming it is an array element...but where created and loaded with data.  I know these error messages come from payment or order total modules, but I cannot find any code referencing "title".

echo '<strong>' . tep_output_string_protected($error['title']) 

Third question:  Why is OSC 2.3.4.1  still using $HTTP_GET_VARS ?  Thought we were past that.

Edited by MountainMan
Further clarification

Answering my own questions:

1.  The single "=" is required because there is in fact an assignment to the variable $error going on there

2.  $error['title']  is assigned in the get_error() functions found in the order total modules

3.  Above my pay grade

The reason the error messages were not showing up was because I left off a "return" in the get_error() function I was repurposing.

21 hours ago, MountainMan said:

Third question:  Why is OSC 2.3.4.1  still using $HTTP_GET_VARS ?  Thought we were past that.

That version of oscommerce hasn't been updated in about 5 years. 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons