• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OMW where do i start

MadWayne

It has been a very long time since i did anything with OSC.

I cant install the new version beta at all and gain access.

So I started with the Softaculous install in cpanel  for 2.3.4.1 great works out of the box

so start adding modules and the the content in some of these mods seems a million miles for what is suggested in the mods i have looked at (looked at a few).

So what should be my base starting point?added ulitmate seo urls seems to work, seo sitemap and header tags the code its asking me to look for doesn't match up very well, so guessing i am starting from the wrong point.

Find going through the different mods confusing, probably due to all the splinter groups.

5 hours ago, MadWayne said:

So what should be my base starting point?added ulitmate seo urls seems to work, seo sitemap and header tags the code its asking me to look for doesn't match up very well, so guessing i am starting from the wrong point.

You have to be sure the version of the addon you are installing is for the version of your shop. For example, in Header Tags SEO there are several directories for different versions. You need to use the one named "Use_if_version_Frozen_or_V234", most likely. If it doesn't work, or you can't figure it out, you should post the problem you are having in its support thread. The same applies to any addon you try.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

HI Jack,  when I did this 15 years or so ago last, things tied up a tad better and was easier to follow.

some of the code is really obvious and other parts obscure I have been following Frozen as it makes sense that is when osc was frozen and phoenix rising from the ashes.

I will be looking at this again later today hopefully,

Archived