• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Breadcrumbs

Hotclutch

1 hour ago, Hotclutch said:

They only show on product info pages. How do you get them to show on other pages?

It is possible to add the Breadcrumb widget to the corresponding pages where you'd like to see them. Please just choose the appropriate block on the page and press "Add Widget" and choose breadcrumb from the list.

To add breadcrumbs (or any other widget), you first need to add a block element, which is also a widget.

First you need to select the theme to edit (customise). You will have to do this for both themes, desktop and mobile.

After selecting the theme to customise, you need to click on the pages tab, and select the page that you want to add breadcrumbs to. Again, you will have to follow this process for every page where you want breadcrumbs to appear.

Next you need to hover in the design area until you see the option "Add Widget" appear. You will notice that there are blue and green options. The blue appears to be for block elements, while green appears to be for widgets within a block element. So be sure to select on blue for a new block element.

After clicking to add a new block, I notice that there is quite a time lag until when it appears on the screen. A good 30 - 60s or so. It may cause you to think that nothing was added.

After the block element is created you will be able to move it into the page position that you want by clicking on the move icon and dragging it into place.

My first step after creating the block element was to select the type of block. I chose Site content width, but you will see the other options that available here:

block.png.e2cfb253ec5ae3a2d7fd63dd00733ec3.png

Click save and continue.

Now you are able to add the breadcrumb widget into the block element.

Here is the result.

breadcrumb.png.f2bc2c798a19a0704a2b3012a058e5f2.png

The breadcrumb I just added to the Login page duplicated onto the product page. Not sure why that would be if you're only working on the Login page, but then I went to edit the widget properties again, and excluded it from the product page.

login.png.1762a35ccadb0cb38e3b9981ff25c022.png