The e-commerce.

Installation osCommerce v4 Beta 2 - No Admin Page

herbsandhelpers

On 8/15/2022 at 6:46 PM, herbsandhelpers said:

See here:

https://qiessence.co.uk/shopBlank/

completely hopeless 

Hi Lorraine,

When I click on your link, I see a page of your main site. It means that the rules of YOUR website redirect all pages from shopBlank folder back to your website.

You can check it by this test:

1. Temporary rename .htaccess to .htaccess_temp in public_html directory (some functions of your main site may not work while you do this test)

2. Check access to https://qiessence.co.uk/shopBlank/

3. Rename back .htaccess_temp to .htaccess to restore original state.

Please note I have discussed this with the host they have suggested I create a new folder and then assign a domain to it. 

I have tried installing directly to the root with no changes etc. 

I have removed the shopBlank folder completely.

I was hoping someone with IONOS could shed light on why the installation doesn’t work. The old OSC worked perfectly every time. 

I don’t know what is wrong? I’ve never had this problem before, surely it should just install as before? 

I really don’t know what to do. There doesn’t seem to be any help I can use.

18 minutes ago, herbsandhelpers said:

Please note I have discussed this with the host they have suggested I create a new folder and then assign a domain to it. 

I have tried installing directly to the root with no changes etc.  

Could you share links to these new sites? Or send it to PM? Or attach a screenshot at least. It is hard to tell what happened if you do not provide problem details.

I have worked through multiple installations today either no installation is possible from the directory I choose or the exact same problems occur that I flagged in the previous link above (now deleted). I get no errors throughout… 

When I press Complete Installation it goes to the splash screen. Pressing Admin or going deeper on any splash screen just gives a not found page.

Looking at the admin/includes/configure file shows it hasn’t been written to just default settings not the details I entered. 

I have no idea why? I can’t resolve it or post any errors because there aren’t any.

I’ve never had this happen before, old OSC installs normally.

Complete failure 

32 minutes ago, herbsandhelpers said:

I have worked through multiple installations today either no installation is possible from the directory I choose or the exact same problems occur that I flagged in the previous link above (now deleted). I get no errors throughout… 

When I press Complete Installation it goes to the splash screen. Pressing Admin or going deeper on any splash screen just gives a not found page.

Looking at the admin/includes/configure file shows it hasn’t been written to just default settings not the details I entered. 

I have no idea why? I can’t resolve it or post any errors because there aren’t any.

I’ve never had this happen before, old OSC installs normally.

Complete failure 

Lorraine, would you be willing to have a screen sharing session, during which we could try to resolve the issue? 

Happy to do Google meet or zoom this week. 

• 3 months later...

This is what I had to follow to get OSCOMMERCE  to work on my UBUNTU Server 22.04 running a LAMP server!

On the Splpah window everything would show up and all work except for the ADMIN page.

Whenever I clicked on or even entered the ADMIN into the address bar it would always throw a 404 error.

Make sure that you Enable .htaccess on Apache 2 Linux Server

you can find the directions at the link shown below and now everything even ADMIN LOGIN appears to be working correctly!

https://linuxconfig.org/enable-htaccess-on-apache-2-linux-server

• 1 month later...

Just tried a new installation on root of hosted server (Ionos) as usual all went well until the end. No green header just a button to complete installation and when I do I get a 500 server error. Splash page but NO ADMIN!. Clicking on anything beyond splash page gives the 500 server error. See screenshots attached. I really need to get this working.

Lorraine

Screenshot 2023-01-18 160043.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-18 160355.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-18 160716.jpg

17 hours ago, herbsandhelpers said:

Just tried a new installation on root of hosted server (Ionos) as usual all went well until the end. No green header just a button to complete installation and when I do I get a 500 server error. Splash page but NO ADMIN!. Clicking on anything beyond splash page gives the 500 server error. See screenshots attached. I really need to get this working.

Could you send me the log files in pm? (from here: lib/backend/runtime/logs/*.log)

Hmmm!

It seems further tests have shown that the mod rewrite function with IONOS is not functioning/can’t get it to work on their server. 

Thanks very much to Andrei’s dedicated work in tracking this down.

It seems I’m now left with the choice of having to choose another hosting company to host on my own with. Can anyone please provide any hosts that you have successfully installed and run OSC4 on? 

Thank you,

Lorraine

Okay,

I’m currently now using a new host for OSC4. It has installed and the admin area is fully accessible and I’ve connected to the app shop.

It’s also generated the logs. The only problem remaining now is:

THERE’S NO FRONTENDS! NONE, NADA! 

Both host and OSC notified, I hope once the last area demystifyed and resolved then the OSC4 journey can continue. It’s certainly a lovely looking admin area.

Lorraine 

Okay I think I’m there! I would just like to sincerely thank Andrei for holding my hand and guiding me through how to get to first base! It was extremely valuable to have a perplexing problem solved and therefore a solution to be found. 

All going great! OSC4 the journey continues!

Best wishes to all!

Lorraine 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using osCommerce since 2006 and never had such a hassle installing it as with this version.

Lorraine I am seeing the exact same problem on a local server that is fully equipped and can run Zoneminder. I suspect URL rewrite to be the issue....can you describe your tests and fix.

Any little bit of advice might get the ball rolling here.