• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation osCommerce v4 Beta 2 - No Admin Page

herbsandhelpers

2 hours ago, herbsandhelpers said:

Has there now been a new release? I was going to ask my hosting company to try and help with the installation.

Where can I get the latest release?

email me here if needed: [email protected]

Lorraine

Good evening! It is coming soon, for now please feel free to review its public demo at 

https://demo.oscommerce.com/

(front end and back end)

• 1 month later...

Been pulling my hair out for hours now. No way I will admit how many. Default installation of Apache at least on Ubuntu 20.04, does not enable .htaccess

If .htaccess is not enabled you will have the problem that is described in this post. No admin page, basically all you get is the splash screen. 

I know I am a idiot, I knew this already, but you know, I forgot :-)

Now I have it installed on a fresh server, it appears to be working. Now I can have some fun!

I downloaded yesterday and could not install. Locally with xampp php 8 and windows environment, the same errors appear as Lorraine (I tried 3x) 
And on my Hosting Server with cpanel, it spends hours and hours extracting and never ends. (I tried 3x too)
Is there a simpler way that we can do it manually? Well, this extraction doesn't work! 
(PS: Sorry for the English, I'm from Brazil)
Edited by Dieef5

23 minutes ago, Dieef5 said:

I downloaded yesterday and could not install. Locally with xampp php 8 and windows environment, the same errors appear as Lorraine (I tried 3x) 
And on my Hosting Server with cpanel, it spends hours and hours extracting and never ends. (I tried 3x too)
Is there a simpler way that we can do it manually? Well, this extraction doesn't work! 
(PS: Sorry for the English, I'm from Brazil)

Could you please send us access and we will check the server? 

While we are doing it, you can try osCommerce on our server free of charge, with ftp and dB access 

@osCommerce-OfficialI installed this on a sub-domain. The shop side works fine but when I try logging in to admin I get this failure:

Error (#400)

Unable to verify your data submission.

The above error occurred while the Web server was processing your request.

Please contact us if you think this is a server error. Thank you.

I clicked off the tab and tried refreshing and the error number changed to 32. Any thoughts?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

23 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

@osCommerce-OfficialI installed this on a sub-domain. The shop side works fine but when I try logging in to admin I get this failure:

I clicked off the tab and tried refreshing and the error number changed to 32. Any thoughts?

Hi Jack_mcs,

Try the following:

1. Open lib/backend/controllers/LoginController.php in any editor and uncomment line #43

public $enableCsrfValidation = false;

2. Save the file and try to login again

if it does work and you can access command line for your server - show us the result of this command (it must be command line, I suspect your php raises some warnings):

php -v

5 hours ago, herbsandhelpers said:

Okay I’ve just seen that the new release is out. Very much looking forward to getting going with it. I hope it installs …

Great! Please try to install it. Should it have any problems, we would appreciate being able to log into your server (under an NDA) to check and find a solution. At the same time, you're able to have it installed onto one of our servers, free of charge, with FTP and mySQL access - just choose "Host with osCommerce" and follow the installation wizard. 

On 7/29/2022 at 1:24 PM, pandrei said:

if it does work and you can access command line for your server - show us the result of this command (it must be command line, I suspect your php raises some warnings):

I changed the file as mentioned but the failure is the same. The php version is 7.4.30.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

On 7/31/2022 at 6:51 PM, Jack_mcs said:

I changed the file as mentioned but the failure is the same. The php version is 7.4.30.

Thanks. Did you check php version by using command line?

And one more question. Could you check log files here: lib/backend/runtime/logs/

If there are some logs, show us their names and send list.log as private message if possible.

On 7/31/2022 at 6:51 PM, Jack_mcs said:

Hi again, Jack!

Your admin page is now working, but as I suspected, your php has some mistakes in configuration and always throws a warning:

Module 'imagick' already loaded in Unknown

This may be the cause of other errors, so I recommend you to pay attention to this warning and find out where the imagick module is included twice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 7:08 AM, herbsandhelpers said:

Okay I’ve just seen that the new release is out. Very much looking forward to getting going with it. I hope it installs …

On 7/31/2022 at 12:47 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

Great! Please try to install it. Should it have any problems, we would appreciate being able to log into your server (under an NDA) to check and find a solution. At the same time, you're able to have it installed onto one of our servers, free of charge, with FTP and mySQL access - just choose "Host with osCommerce" and follow the installation wizard. 

Please note I would never allow unauthorised access to my server so please don't ask again. I'm happy to send screenshots and get my host to advise. Just going to try again. I've never had any issues before with old OSC

56 minutes ago, herbsandhelpers said:

Please note I would never allow unauthorised access to my server so please don't ask again. I'm happy to send screenshots and get my host to advise. Just going to try again. I've never had any issues before with old OSC

Please note we would never attempt to access any server without authorisation, hence we asked about it. 

Let's see how it works now on your server and indeed will try to go the screen shots way in case of any issues. 

18 minutes ago, herbsandhelpers said:

See here:

https://qiessence.co.uk/shopBlank/

completely hopeless

It looks like there is a redirect rule on your Web server that reacts to the word "admin" and redirects to the root folder. Could you please check for such a rule? 

Is anyone else here getting the same impression? That installing yourself has been made impossible!?!? I never saw a single problem or error message all the way through yet the test shops don’t work and there is no Admin. 

The old oscommerce never failed to install perfectly every time. 

On 7/27/2022 at 10:57 PM, rlroger said:

Been pulling my hair out for hours now. No way I will admit how many. Default installation of Apache at least on Ubuntu 20.04, does not enable .htaccess

If .htaccess is not enabled you will have the problem that is described in this post. No admin page, basically all you get is the splash screen. 

I know I am a idiot, I knew this already, but you know, I forgot 🙂

Now I have it installed on a fresh server, it appears to be working. Now I can have some fun!

Hi did you ever get it working at all? I’m sooo sick of wasting my time on this 

20 minutes ago, herbsandhelpers said:

Is anyone else here getting the same impression? That installing yourself has been made impossible!?!? I never saw a single problem or error message all the way through yet the test shops don’t work and there is no Admin. 

The old oscommerce never failed to install perfectly every time. 

You have a redirect rule on the server that redirects all "admin" urls to the main folder. Perhaps it was installed by your host. I suggest you ask them to check. 

Alternatively you can go into the installation folder via the ftp and try to change the admin folder name into something that doesn't contain the word admin in it. 

Please kindly note, we will gladly accept constructive criticism and try to make the wrong right. We will not accept conspiracy theories in this forum. And to answer your question, osCommerce is designed to be hosted on client's server, and many our fellow users have installed it without any problems. 

We understand your frustration, but urge you to check your hosting first, please. 

Just spent many more fruitless hours on several installs with exactly the same issues. Host says because it's a third party package then they can't support it. The only thing they have suggested is to assign a new domain to the folder and go from there. I changed the name of the admin folder but nothing works at all, tried from root, same issues and it won't even install. It seems there is nothing I can do to make it work.