• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce v4 Beta 2

On 2/16/2022 at 7:25 PM, johntahilor said:

Hello,

I'm really looking forward for the new version. I have a questions please, will there be a chaptca in the registration page of new customers? I'm asking because with version 2.3.4 I've a bad experience of people automatically registering new users presumably just for creating spam email. I don't know how they do it, I think they use some php scripts for sending http requests into the new customer page. Can this new customer registration made more secure by adding a chaptca? I can see this in the admin login page but not if registering as a new customer.

Thank you :)!

The system enables captcha in case it "suspects" fraudulent activity from the customer's IP address. This happens after 3 unsuccessful attempts to create an account. It is possible to modify the code to do it by default, although this may make registration less easy for users.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Hotclutch said:

Did you install into folder and what is it called? On the first step of the installation where it prompts you to enter the location of the installation, what did you enter there, or did you leave it as is and continue?

I looked at placing it in the folder shop and in no folder and outcome was the same. Probably looking inexcess of 20 attempts to install by either method.

absolutely no issues until step 5 and create access, not sure what's missing, although I can see empty folders in parts of admin.

1 minute ago, MadWayne said:

I looked at placing it in the folder shop and in no folder and outcome was the same. Probably looking inexcess of 20 attempts to install by either method.

absolutely no issues until step 5 and create access, not sure what's missing, although I can see empty folders in parts of admin.

You can place it in a folder called shop / anything else, but on the first step where it prompts for a location you should leave it as /

3 minutes ago, MadWayne said:

what we classing as first step? 

wrt to shop it automatically populates domain/shop so should i delete shop from that, did try without an folder also.

The very first screen after calling the installation start.

The first time I installed I added the folder name and went through the installation. But then only the admin was accessible. I got blank screens for the 2 demo shops.

I then wiped the installation and started again in a folder. This time left it as / on the first screen, and that worked.

The installation can be completed within 2 minutes. That first step goes very quick. The longest step is the one that populates the data which you would expect to take longer, but even that should complete in under 60s.

The only other advice I can offer is that the zip package is labelled "do_not_unzip". So you do not need to unzip that file. To start the installation only copy up these 3 files:

1.png.3335fc9eb5b0f788336f2f95c135c554.png

Then to start the install visit shop/ in your browser (or the path where you copied to).

For me there is this issue, that might be slowing the process down. After the installation is created, there are 2 folders created, watch and furniture, that are many GBs big. I hope they give us feedback soon.

Are you in local and witch OS system ?
Do you tried with another hoster ?
If you use Cpanel, look option php maybe something is not activated ?
Do you tried without to import product and customer ?
Do you tried to change the php version ?

Just little ideas

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

Tried almost every combo I can think of and get no errors until the end create access with the admin details

spoken with my hosting company see their reply

We have gone through the documentation you have shared and followed the steps to install osCommerce v4 application. However it is failing to install with error HTTP ERROR 500.
====
This page isn’t working domain.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
====

There are also no logs generating for the same on server, So it is difficult to find exact cause of the issue.

I receive a 500 error every time I have installed. Looked in Metrics>Errors on cPanel and read:
.... SoftException in Application.cpp:267: File "/home/ice/public_html/v4osCtest/index.php" is writeable by group

Can't say I know what Application.cpp:276 is.

I changed permissions on index.php from 664 to 644 and the install worked after that.

well the crazy thing is my host have it working there end on my domain, in shop folder but I cant access it at all what so ever.

vpn, incognito, chrome moz, edge ie, ipad, iphone, laptop, desktop, win10 tabelt and so on none work, disabled all protections and re enabled them and so on and so on

so looks at the minute like my end, just strange as its only with osc4 i am having issues with

A wee aside: I'm seeing the following in apps.log..

yii\base\InvalidRouteException: Unable to resolve the request "themes/basic/css/menu.css". in /home/osc4/public_html/lib/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Module.php:543

On 2/3/2022 at 1:46 PM, ejsolutions said:

I've tried this in oscb/compat/configure.php

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/images_big/');
define('DIR_FS_IMAGES', '/home/osc4osc/public_html/catalog/images/images_big/');

@osCommerce-Official

I'm back looking at this and find I'm also unable to import Category images, which are stored in the old store at catalog/images/categories. I've tried a number of variations to the 2 defines, mentioned above. Looking for any more bright ideas. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 1:56 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

osCommerce v4 Beta 2 has been released this week!

Its preview can be seen here:

https://osc4.tllab.co.uk/

The demo site has been updated with 2 new themes. The b2b one looks nice to me, and it looks like a theme the average user may be able to modify without too much head scratching.

My last information:

Am 16.11.2021 um 22:06 schrieb osCommerce-Official:

Providing we continue to receive reasonable feedback from the Beta testers we are looking to launch osCommerce v4 in early 2022.

Am 11.3.2022 um 18:38 schrieb osCommerce-Official:

Dear members of the Forums,

We would like to assure you that osCommerce v4 WILL be released shortly.

It was supposed to go live in the middle of March.

Some 80% of our development team are located in Ukraine. War in Ukraine, started unlawfully by russia on the 24th of February 2022, made us delay our plans. We are looking to go live end of April / early May now, and will keep everyone informed of our progress. 

osCommerce v4 - proudly made in Ukraine!

Kind regards,
the osCommerce team

• 2 weeks later...

Archived