• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce v4 Beta 2

osCommerce v4 Beta 2 has been released this week!

Its preview can be seen here:

https://osc4.tllab.co.uk/

Current Beta is closer to the planned release version.

We have removed a number of add-ons to simplify the installation.

They will be re-instated via the App store, most of them free. 

Beta 2 comes with:

• installation tool
  • 2 demo front ends 
  • osCommerce back end
  • data import tool to migrate data from old osCommerce 2.x
  • instructions on how to submit your feedback

Download links have been emailed to all Beta testers.

If you have not received your link, please check your "spam" folder just in case, and contact us via this Forum to have the link re-sent to you.

If you wanted to try Beta 2 but didn't sign up - get in touch with us via the Forum or via the Contact form on the website and we will sort it for you.

osCommerce v4 will be released shortly as a powerful modern modular optimised FREE open source Ecommerce solution!

Kind regards,

osCommerce team

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great! Have already sent some preliminary feedback.

Trying to get to grips with the Sales Channel stuff at the moment, then it's on to the import from existing stores.

One major thing of note is the instruction to allow openbase_dir - this is a BAD idea on shared servers and will need enforcement of cagefs/jailed fs. Not allowing it may be the cause of a few installation 'quirks', so I need to do some testing with it unfortunately turned on. 😐

Wondering if USPS shipping method for us in the states will either be included or available as a free add-on?

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

2 hours ago, transearth said:

Wow, my huge respect to everyone involved in this project.

One necessary (stupid eventually🤐) question, will there be a way for a user-friendly update from v1.0.3.0 to osCv4?

Many thanks! Keep up the amazing job.

We will test it and confirm shortly. Current import works for osCommerce 2.x but we will test Phoenix 1.x too

15 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Yes, there exist USPS, UPS, FedEx modules.

They will indeed either come with the installation or as free apps.

Thank you!

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

@osCommerce-OfficialI'm trying to use the database importer. I got to step 21 in the instructions and it fails with "php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known". What is needed to fix this?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

17 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

@osCommerce-OfficialI'm trying to use the database importer. I got to step 21 in the instructions and it fails with "php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known". What is needed to fix this?

Jack, it looks like the URL you have used to connect to the old osCommerce site / server can not be resolved by your new server. It is more a DNS problem and needs to be solved on the hosting level.

21 minutes ago, radhavallabh said:

@osCommerce-Official I received the Beta 2 version, But it gives 500 error on installation using xampp server--- Can it be tested on Xampp sever on local host?? Or we need to use some other method to test on Localhost first... ???

It should be possible to use Xampp to install osCommerce v4 B2. The issue you're experiencing may be related to Xampp configuration. 

Could you please send us Xampp error from the log? Thanks! 

27 minutes ago, osCommerce-Official said:

It should be possible to use Xampp to install osCommerce v4 B2. The issue you're experiencing may be related to Xampp configuration. 

Could you please send us Xampp error from the log? Thanks! 

I think I could not find any error related to the installation ...  The error log is as below-

[Mon Jan 31 17:34:28.827786 2022] [ssl:warn] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:28.843799 2022] [core:warn] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH00098: pid file C:/xampp/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:28.859423 2022] [ssl:warn] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.063518 2022] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH00455: Apache/2.4.41 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1c PHP/7.3.14 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.063518 2022] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH00456: Apache Lounge VC15 Server built: Aug 11 2019 12:20:04
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.063518 2022] [core:notice] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH00094: Command line: 'c:\\xampp\\apache\\bin\\httpd.exe -d C:/xampp/apache'
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.063518 2022] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 5784
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.251850 2022] [ssl:warn] [pid 5784:tid 560] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.283097 2022] [ssl:warn] [pid 5784:tid 560] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.298718 2022] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 5784:tid 560] AH00354: Child: Starting 150 worker threads.

Gives 404 error on store page and 500 error on admin

On admin

Error (#2)

An internal server error occurred.

The above error occurred while the Web server was processing your request.

Please contact us if you think this is a server error. Thank you.

1 hour ago, radhavallabh said:

I think I could not find any error related to the installation ...  The error log is as below-

[Mon Jan 31 17:34:28.827786 2022] [ssl:warn] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:28.843799 2022] [core:warn] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH00098: pid file C:/xampp/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:28.859423 2022] [ssl:warn] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.063518 2022] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH00455: Apache/2.4.41 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1c PHP/7.3.14 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.063518 2022] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH00456: Apache Lounge VC15 Server built: Aug 11 2019 12:20:04
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.063518 2022] [core:notice] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH00094: Command line: 'c:\\xampp\\apache\\bin\\httpd.exe -d C:/xampp/apache'
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.063518 2022] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 8556:tid 556] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 5784
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.251850 2022] [ssl:warn] [pid 5784:tid 560] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.283097 2022] [ssl:warn] [pid 5784:tid 560] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Mon Jan 31 17:34:29.298718 2022] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 5784:tid 560] AH00354: Child: Starting 150 worker threads.

Gives 404 error on store page and 500 error on admin

On admin

Error (#2)

An internal server error occurred.

The above error occurred while the Web server was processing your request.

Please contact us if you think this is a server error. Thank you.

Could you please check the access log? Thanks! 

2 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Jack, it looks like the URL you have used to connect to the old osCommerce site / server can not be resolved by your new server. It is more a DNS problem and needs to be solved on the hosting level.

I deleted everything and tried again. It seems to have worked this time. At least as far as creating the import file. The attached shows the list and has a quantity for each so I guess that means it worked. But when I look in the various sections, like orders or products, none of the imported items are present. Is there some other step i need to take?

import.jpg

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

1 hour ago, Jack_mcs said:

I deleted everything and tried again. It seems to have worked this time. At least as far as creating the import file. The attached shows the list and has a quantity for each so I guess that means it worked. But when I look in the various sections, like orders or products, none of the imported items are present. Is there some other step i need to take?

import.jpg

Please kindly note the number you're referring to is not the quantity but rather file or batch id. Please check the processed folder to see the results of your import. 

1 hour ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Please check the processed folder to see the results of your import. 

I can't find a folder by that name nor a directory in the migration directory. Please let me know where it is located.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

4 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

I can't find a folder by that name nor a directory in the migration directory. Please let me know where it is located.

Not a problem at all! Sorry, was not clear in my phrase above - can you see the "processed" folder on this picture that you posted? Please click there and you will find the actual import results. They should come with numbers OR with error descriptions, if any.

Well, @Jack_MCS is getting farther than my attempts. I could only get something remotely close to working by keeping the original oscb directory name and moving the website from catalog to docroot. However, for that instance, I'm convinced the security key that displayed is for the new site, not the old one.

For clarity, @osCommerce-Official which version(s) of PHP is the importer compatible with? I have older sites that only function properly on 5.3.29 for example, though I can 'push' them to 5.4 for transfer purposes. Also, the wiki says to have the importer extracted to the root directory - is this the docroot for the site or the catalog?

Here's an example of some of the issues that I've been facing:

# php -v
PHP 5.4.45 (cli) (built: Jan 31 2022 17:27:38) 
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies

# php yii bridge/show-secure-key
PHP Notice 'yii\base\ErrorException' with message 'Undefined index: file'

in /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/compat/database.php:53

Stack trace:
#0 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/compat/database.php(53): yii\base\ErrorHandler->handleError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/maxs/publ...', 53, Array)
#1 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/compat/database.php(84): tep_db_error('insert into io_...', 1406, 'Data too long f...')
#2 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/compat/database.php(137): tep_db_query('insert into io_...', 'db_link')
#3 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/common/api/models/XML/Project.php(69): tep_db_perform('io_project', Array)
#4 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/common/api/models/XML/Project.php(44): common\api\models\XML\Project::createProject('REDACTED_161...', Array)
#5 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/common/helpers/Init.php(70): common\api\models\XML\Project::checkLocalProjects()
#6 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/commands/BridgeController.php(79): common\helpers\Init::IOInit()
#7 [internal function]: app\commands\BridgeController->actionShowSecureKey()
#8 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/InlineAction.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Controller.php(157): yii\base\InlineAction->runWithParams(Array)
#10 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/console/Controller.php(148): yii\base\Controller->runAction('show-secure-key', Array)
#11 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Module.php(528): yii\console\Controller->runAction('show-secure-key', Array)
#12 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/console/Application.php(180): yii\base\Module->runAction('bridge/show-sec...', Array)
#13 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/console/Application.php(147): yii\console\Application->runAction('bridge/show-sec...', Array)
#14 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Application.php(386): yii\console\Application->handleRequest(Object(yii\console\Request))
#15 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/yii(21): yii\base\Application->run()
#16 {main}

On a different server, using the default old install of catalog:

PHP 7.4.25 (cli) (built: Oct 23 2021 21:53:50) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader + ionCube24 v11.0.0, Copyright (c) 2002-2021, by ionCube Ltd.
    with Zend OPcache v7.4.25, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

root@rn:/home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb# php yii bridge/show-secure-key

root@rn:/home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb# PHP Notice 'yii\base\ErrorException' with message 'Undefined index: file'

in /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/compat/database.php:53

Stack trace:
#0 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/compat/database.php(53): yii\base\ErrorHandler->handleError()
#1 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/compat/database.php(84): tep_db_error()
#2 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/compat/database.php(137): tep_db_query()
#3 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/common/api/models/XML/Project.php(69): tep_db_perform()
#4 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/common/api/models/XML/Project.php(41): common\api\models\XML\Project::createProject()
#5 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/common/helpers/Init.php(70): common\api\models\XML\Project::checkLocalProjects()
#6 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/commands/BridgeController.php(79): common\helpers\Init::IOInit()
#8 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/InlineAction.php(57): call_user_func_array()
#9 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Controller.php(157): yii\base\InlineAction->runWithParams()
#10 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/console/Controller.php(148): yii\base\Controller->runAction()
#11 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Module.php(528): yii\console\Controller->runAction()
#12 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/console/Application.php(180): yii\base\Module->runAction()
#13 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/console/Application.php(147): yii\console\Application->runAction()
#14 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Application.php(386): yii\console\Application->handleRequest()
#15 /home/users/sa/www/catalog/oscb/yii(21): yii\base\Application->run()
#16 {main}

42 minutes ago, ejsolutions said:

Well, @Jack_MCS is getting farther than my attempts. I could only get something remotely close to working by keeping the original oscb directory name and moving the website from catalog to docroot. However, for that instance, I'm convinced the security key that displayed is for the new site, not the old one.

For clarity, @osCommerce-Official which version(s) of PHP is the importer compatible with? I have older sites that only function properly on 5.3.29 for example, though I can 'push' them to 5.4 for transfer purposes. Also, the wiki says to have the importer extracted to the root directory - is this the docroot for the site or the catalog?

Here's an example of some of the issues that I've been facing:

# php -v
PHP 5.4.45 (cli) (built: Jan 31 2022 17:27:38) 
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies

# php yii bridge/show-secure-key
PHP Notice 'yii\base\ErrorException' with message 'Undefined index: file'

in /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/compat/database.php:53

Stack trace:
#0 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/compat/database.php(53): yii\base\ErrorHandler->handleError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/maxs/publ...', 53, Array)
#1 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/compat/database.php(84): tep_db_error('insert into io_...', 1406, 'Data too long f...')
#2 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/compat/database.php(137): tep_db_query('insert into io_...', 'db_link')
#3 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/common/api/models/XML/Project.php(69): tep_db_perform('io_project', Array)
#4 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/common/api/models/XML/Project.php(44): common\api\models\XML\Project::createProject('REDACTED_161...', Array)
#5 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/common/helpers/Init.php(70): common\api\models\XML\Project::checkLocalProjects()
#6 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/commands/BridgeController.php(79): common\helpers\Init::IOInit()
#8 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/InlineAction.php(57): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Controller.php(157): yii\base\InlineAction->runWithParams(Array)
#10 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/console/Controller.php(148): yii\base\Controller->runAction('show-secure-key', Array)
#11 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Module.php(528): yii\console\Controller->runAction('show-secure-key', Array)
#12 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/console/Application.php(180): yii\base\Module->runAction('bridge/show-sec...', Array)
#13 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/console/Application.php(147): yii\console\Application->runAction('bridge/show-sec...', Array)
#14 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/vendor/yiisoft/yii2/base/Application.php(386): yii\console\Application->handleRequest(Object(yii\console\Request))
#15 /home/maxs/public_html/oscb/yii(21): yii\base\Application->run()
#16 {main}

Could you please re-download the importer file in about 1 hour, we will have added a change that works around strict mode in your mySQL?

root folder of the catalogue, please.

Archived