• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Old backend on php 7

netteria

Hi

I have an old OSC version from 2003. There are software tools especially for the store so I can't really change it but I would like it to work on php 7. How do I do it? What to change?
I was able to boot but now I have an error
1327 - Undeclared variable: MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS
What this is about? How to change it? It works on php 5, but when I switch to php 7 it doesn't :(
Maybe someone had to deal with this?

This is a constant variable that's defined in the configuration table of your database.

I recommend using the caching add-on that writes all database variables to a single file. That should solve most of the undefined/undeclared variable errors, though you will still have some when migrating to PHP7.x.

The real value of that add-on, is that it significantly reduces the queries to your database.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

Thank you. So is it possible for me to run it on php 7? I will try as you advise. Thank you very much for your help once again.
And what else to watch out for when switching from php 5 to php 7 with such an old version of the administration panel?

It's a lot of work, especially if you are not technical. And in the end, your site will still look dated and lack mobile responsiveness.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

You can use the back end of W3 osCommerce to connect to your front end, then adjust the configure file to connect to your database. Vanilla osCommerce may be a problem to use the backend standalone - i am not sure. Then add your tools to the W3 Admin. This will be the path of least work.

Archived