• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce v4 translation

osCommerce-Official

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 11:01 AM, Denox said:

Hello,

We can help from Denox with the translation into Spanish. Does anyone have anything to continue it or is there nothing? I see in the initial post that @domiosc and @valquiria23 are with it.

Hi Israel,

It seems that Dr Mary Calaveris finished an translation.

I don't understand why we don't use a translation management or least a collaborative sheet.

@osCommerce-Official please create one unique and official spreadsheet in googledocs for all or use dedicated solution.

image.thumb.png.b9746345e1d6c05e1e00893e5a3c2034.png

https://miqu.me/blog/2016/11/19/easy-localizations-management-with-spreadsheets/
https://medium.com/jungmut-blog/localization-with-google-spreadsheets-7756d7076ac

Edited by domiosc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, grumplestiltskin said:

There are some errors in the English version - where can I go to edit these? Once the files are corrected I can upload/send/owl them for use by anyone else.

Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for this suggestion! You can download the latest version of osCommerce and edit the strings there. They will be under Design and CMS / Translations. Could you please do the English language export then and send it over (either a post on this Forum or a message)? Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/21/2021 at 3:33 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

As we see Beta 2 almost ready, it is time to look into translation of osCommerce v4 in languages other than English. 

Following the previous post, we would welcome if members of the Community could assist with this task. In order to say "thank you" for your help, we will be happy to offer all additional apps created by osCommerce, that will be available through the App store to the translators, once the App store is up and running.

Please find the texts in the attached CSV file. To translate, please just create a new column along with the "en" one, and put in the correct translation of the current English text. Please ignore all other columns but do not delete them. Once done, please send your translation to us via email ([email protected]) or via this Forum's messaging system. 

Thank you very much in advance!

@gummipingvin - mentioned they could help with Danish language

@MarcelMediaNL with Dutch

@domiosc and @valquiria23 with Spanish

@acidvertigo with Italian

@zachris with Finnish 

@YePix with German 

@Jose Araujo with Portuguese 

@PhoenixAter with Swiss German 

@Janko Muzykant with Polish 

@milerwan with French 

@psychopath with Swedish 

@poj_ud with Thai 

@glavasevic with Serbian 

Keys_2021Dec21_1418.csv

Is this csv-file the latest? over 1 year ago.

The file has 8262 rows
If I Make a new installation with the latest version of Oscommerce the english language has only 6719 rows
The spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lNUTKEz2iwsqv4gQ1WJiCP-0bF1cm_1QD7jKDvNvi9U/edit?usp=sharing  has 8710 rows

Which one should I use?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, nordicsolution said:

I saw that psychopath is working on the Swedish translation, maybe I can help.

I don´t work on the translation any more, in fact I have deleted it when it was almost finished.
Reason? Oscommerce does not answers on my questions in this forum that has with the translation to do!!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...