Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I would like to kindly appeal that the following osCommerce members (list of members shown below are in alphabetical order) be added to your list of registered testers for Beta 2 release as soon as possible, as such individuals are all well versed in PHP and have been faithful to the osCommerce community for many years, thus they will be a great asset to you in uncovering any bugs or issues before the general release of osCommerce v4:

241
14steve14
aaymont
aisonet
AlexW12
alfredor
Andrea
ArtcoInc
artfulweb
atakale
azpro
aztek
Barnable
beciowa
BenCar
bitit.it
bobpcbird
boostr29
Burt
Cafferata
chuntse
cornishpirate
Dan Cole
DAVID3733
Demitry
Demitry
depotapps
dewarsco2
drosyrdnar
dveldjean
enstanaldval
eshoxkenik
esignermdpromd
Fiber
fiodh
frankl
frankl
Franziska_Schroder
FXBO
gek
GetSirius
greasemonkey
gritsop
Gyakutsuki
hdewaart
Heatherbell
hoppala
Hotclutch
huzaifanawaz
iianideja
ingrandllhdill
isdochwurst
Jack_mcs
Jack_mcs
jacketgjuggj
jenswl
John P
kennyk
kgtee
Kinomoto-san
kiranb
Kofod
Klaus H.
Krisz1
kuai
lehrhebalousal
liwax
Lucian123
metabolism
MichaelB42
Mikepo
mirabeo
Moxamint
Mrjobi
nickspencer
nllandinimique
ntmdevelop
okstmtcc
orollolati
palom
PandVOmar_one
Papanco
paperprint
paul36
pauljwweb
pete2007
piernas
poj_ud
psychopath
PupStar
RAC
raiwa
ralceiromich
REVEChat
reyjhrah
robertalonso
ross21
rssreader
ruden
senolucar12
Smoky
southpolekat
Stefan Kanitz
szgurev
t3rmin8or
tahitipearls
tiit1
tnhewittmarlo
turbo5speed
valquiria23
wdepot
webistick
weinhexe
Yak39
YePix
zeeshop

Thanks in advance for adding these incredibly skillful souls to your list!!!

 

osCommersV4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dr. Mary Calaveris said:

I would like to kindly appeal that the following osCommerce members (list of members shown below are in alphabetical order) be added to your list of registered testers for Beta 2 release as soon as possible, as such individuals are all well versed in PHP and have been faithful to the osCommerce community for many years, thus they will be a great asset to you in uncovering any bugs or issues before the general release of osCommerce v4:

241
14steve14
aaymont
aisonet
AlexW12
alfredor
Andrea
ArtcoInc
artfulweb
atakale
azpro
aztek
Barnable
beciowa
BenCar
bitit.it
bobpcbird
boostr29
Burt
Cafferata
chuntse
cornishpirate
Dan Cole
DAVID3733
Demitry
Demitry
depotapps
dewarsco2
drosyrdnar
dveldjean
enstanaldval
eshoxkenik
esignermdpromd
Fiber
fiodh
frankl
frankl
Franziska_Schroder
FXBO
gek
GetSirius
greasemonkey
gritsop
Gyakutsuki
hdewaart
Heatherbell
hoppala
Hotclutch
huzaifanawaz
iianideja
ingrandllhdill
isdochwurst
Jack_mcs
Jack_mcs
jacketgjuggj
jenswl
John P
kennyk
kgtee
Kinomoto-san
kiranb
Kofod
Klaus H.
Krisz1
kuai
lehrhebalousal
liwax
Lucian123
metabolism
MichaelB42
Mikepo
mirabeo
Moxamint
Mrjobi
nickspencer
nllandinimique
ntmdevelop
okstmtcc
orollolati
palom
PandVOmar_one
Papanco
paperprint
paul36
pauljwweb
pete2007
piernas
poj_ud
psychopath
PupStar
RAC
raiwa
ralceiromich
REVEChat
reyjhrah
robertalonso
ross21
rssreader
ruden
senolucar12
Smoky
southpolekat
Stefan Kanitz
szgurev
t3rmin8or
tahitipearls
tiit1
tnhewittmarlo
turbo5speed
valquiria23
wdepot
webistick
weinhexe
Yak39
YePix
zeeshop

Thanks in advance for adding these incredibly skillful souls to your list!!!

 

osCommersV4.jpg

Will be happy to add the said forum users to the list, yes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2021 at 3:15 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

Thanks for your interest in osCommerce v4!

Beta 2 is due to be released soon, and all registered testers will receive the installation. 

Any idea when "soon" is? (like a more firm timeframe?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2021 at 11:22 AM, osCommerce-Official said:

Oscommerce v4 is not a fork of osCommerce v2. It is a brand new solution made for modern day use. In the past it was called trueloaded. There were no promises to any previous owners of osCommerce, and especially no lies as, being business professionals, we don't lie. That's the end of your comments here. 

Brand new is good. The true is who would want to fork a dated framework. Framework with MVC/React/Angular would make it damn sexy!

Oh, don't forget to make it available in a public github/bitbucket repo for those who want to code and not test.

Edited by clustersolutions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, clustersolutions said:

Brand new is good. The true is who would want to fork a dated framework. Framework with MVC/React/Angular would make it damn sexy!

Oh, don't forget to make it available in a public github/bitbucket repo for those who want to code and not test. 

Does not i can change the code during the test?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2021 at 9:34 AM, tiit1 said:

Does not i can change the code during the test?

It is an open source solution, so naturally you can change the code as much as you like. However, perhaps it makes sense to wait for a stable release before you implement changes in the code

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2021 at 2:12 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

It is an open source solution, so naturally you can change the code as much as you like. However, perhaps it makes sense to wait for a stable release before you implement changes in the code 

My haste to see how it looks inside its code is really higher than the Santa's sleigh during Christmas, lol.
Very haste!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oscommerce was traditionally a "lightweight" solution (thats the reason I personally have choosen it).

If I get it right, that will be no more the case, as you are developping to challenge the "top competitors".

Will it be a heavy "gaz plant" which will include all possible ecommerce tools available today ?

I guess the "lightweight" caracteristic (and surely others) of Oscommerce as we knew it comes to an end, right? (Nothing bad in this, of course, is just about business... ).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, user_lambda said:

Oscommerce was traditionally a "lightweight" solution (thats the reason I personally have choosen it).

If I get it right, that will be no more the case, as you are developping to challenge the "top competitors".

Will it be a heavy "gaz plant" which will include all possible ecommerce tools available today ?

I guess the "lightweight" caracteristic (and surely others) of Oscommerce as we knew it comes to an end, right? (Nothing bad in this, of course, is just about business... ).

 

It'll be as light as possible, but if course it will be substantially bigger than its older versions. It has been quite some time since those were released. 

However the beauty of it is that it will provide a powerful and extendedable solution "out of the box" while more features and solutions will be available as apps, free and paid, created by osCommerce and its community members. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please can I be added to the Beta test list. I've developed osCommerce since its initial version, I've been a team member of osCMax and am an internal developer for the Joomla project.

I have asked before but apart from the initial video demo have not heard anything.#

Thanks

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2021 at 12:14 AM, osCommerce-Official said:

We have received multiple requests from various members of this esteemed community. However we gave the first Beta to a very, very limited number of people as we just could not afford to be overwhelmed with the feedback at this stage. Current feedback is being processed and new Beta, Beta 2 will follow in early December. Beta 2 will be made available to all those who registered their interest via the Contact Us form of the main osCommerce website. We thank everyone for their enthusiasm and assistance!

There is still no Beta 2 and now it is January and no information is sent out from you about it. On your You first page it still says "Wait for OsCommerce v4 to come in 2021!", this is not talking about the beta...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2022 at 12:28 PM, psychopath said:

There is still no Beta 2 and now it is January and no information is sent out from you about it. On your You first page it still says "Wait for OsCommerce v4 to come in 2021!", this is not talking about the beta...

Certainly appreciate your interest in the new version. Please bear with us as we are finishing B2 of osCommerce v4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2021 at 10:12 AM, osCommerce-Official said:

It is an open source solution, so naturally you can change the code as much as you like. However, perhaps it makes sense to wait for a stable release before you implement changes in the code

Hi,
I'm interested to be a beta tester. I sent several email without response 😞

So, when you think that a "stable version" will be available ?

I need to change my (old) web site soon ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2022 at 1:29 AM, pinostro said:

Hi,
I'm interested to be a beta tester. I sent several email without response 😞

So, when you think that a "stable version" will be available ?

I need to change my (old) web site soon ...

 

Patricio, thanks for your continuous interest in osCommerce v4. 

We are finishing internal tests of B2 and are looking to release it shortly. 

Please kindly note that every person or company that contacted us in regards to becoming a Beta tester for B2 was added to the list and will be given B2 once it becomes available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2022 at 11:08 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

Just saying, it makes sense to free up some time next week or the following week ;) 

So in the next day or two?


osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great! I've just sent a PM about an app


osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@osCommerce-Official  Do yo have a Demo-site for V4 Beta?

Might give (some) (more) enthusiasm 🧐 ... and might convince Beta-testers to give it a try.

Edited by azpro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×