• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Migrating to Oscommerce

johnwebsterq

Hello,

I want to migrate my Shopify store to OSCommerce.

My website is: https://www.rugknots.com/

I want to ask the following questions:

Is it easy to transfer to Oscommerce from Shopify?

Can I do it myself or do I need to take the help of an expert?

Should I move Oscommerce or not? Please share your experience?

What are the advantages of doing that?

Is it a complicated process?

If there is any guide to doing the migrating then please share it with me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

@johnwebsterqThe databases of the two shops are not compatible so there's no simple way to migrate. You can pay to get the database converted, like with cart2cart, but the cost can be high depending upon how many things are to be converted.

So short of the database, you can do it yourself. Just install a version of oscommerce, and set it up as you want. Doing this is not difficult but if you've never worked with oscommerce it could take a while for you to work through it. In that case it might be best to hire someone to install and set it up for you.

The main advantages of switching is that you don't have to pay to have an oscommerce shop and you can make whatever changes you want without approval, both of which are required by Shopify.

For what it's worth, I have had some of our hosting members that switched to Shopify only to switch back within a year. Each said they were not happy with the costs and restrictions of that shop.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived