• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders Not Recorded in Admin & Items Not Taken Out of Stock

10incher

Hello, I have searched and searched and couldn't find any real answer to this but I am having an issue on my store when an order is made, many times the order is not recorded at all in the admin section. For example, I just had 3 orders from a customer, the first 2 didn't show at all and the 3rd does show, and states pending. All 3 were paid though paypal however as I received paypal emails from all 3. Also, the items they purchased were not taken out of stock, from any of the orders. 

Any idea what may be the issue here? It sounds like the problems are all related. My store can be found at www.rewindtoys.ca . Any help would be appreciated.

15 hours ago, 10incher said:

many times the order is not recorded at all in the admin section.

That is usually caused by the paypal cert not being current. See this post.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Server is running PHP version: 5.6.30 and have not done any PHP updates to any files. I thought I already updated that .crt file but will double check. The buyer that made 3 back to back purchases said the following:

- For the 1st order I clicked through paypal to go back to the site. But I did not do anything out of the ordinary for the last 2.

- The first order, Id #27 appeared on my order account on the site when I purchased. Then I ordered the second, order #28. Once I checked my order page, #27 disappeared, but #28 was there. When I ordered the third, #29 same thing happened. #28 disappeared and showed only #29.

This sounds confusing to me. I will check the info on the link above, but has anyone ran into this order problem ever?

PHP5.6 was released August 28th, 2014. This is likely the issue Jack referred to with the PayPal module being out of date. 

Though you have a far worse issue coming your way, ..when your hosting company (and all others) drop the 5.6 version. At that point, you will not have a working site. 

Your site software is dated and is not mobile friendly/responsive. I suggest you use one of the two options Ashley mentioned in another post, or another cart software.

You can likely use your current database, which should save you some time via a transition.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

5 hours ago, 10incher said:

I thought I already updated that .crt file but will double check.

I assumed you are using the Paypal App but that may not be the case. If you are not using it, then you should install it first. If you are using it, take a look in the log section to see if it reports any problems with the orders.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes I am using the Paypal payments standard. I only just downloaded and installed this version of Oscommerce back in 2019 not quite 2 years ago, so are you saying this version is soon to be outdated already, it is version 2.3.4?

That version was released in June, 2014. Version 2.3.4.1 was released in 2017, both are now outdated. More so, the 5.6 PHP version that software was coded for is very old and soon to be extinct.

There were several other CE version released after 2017 (BS Edge, BS Gold, and Frozen).

I suggest you look for another cart software, and one that is mobile friendly/responsive. You should also do continuous maintenance to your site in order to keep it up-to-date with the latest PHP version and other technical updates.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

16 minutes ago, 10incher said:

Yes I am using the Paypal payments standard. I only just downloaded and installed this version of Oscommerce back in 2019 not quite 2 years ago, so are you saying this version is soon to be outdated already, it is version 2.3.4?

Its outdated and unusable. People have been using community editions for a while now. These are examples of versions you could use and have the majority of addons still work with it:

5 hours ago, 10incher said:

Yes I am using the Paypal payments standard.

There are many addons named Paypal Standard but only one named Paypal App. If you don't have a Paypal section in the left column of your admin, you aren't using the app. That's admin->Paypal, not in the modules section.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived