• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Estimated Timescale

mfleeson

Hey Mark,

According to the following link, osCv4 is due to be released at some point in the summer of 2021.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OsCommerce

The summer of 2021 ends on September 22nd,.. according to this link.

However, considering the time involved in completely rewriting a cart software and then testing it to get most of the bugs out, I would not be surprised to see this software release date pushed back into the fall of this year.

I expect that the initial release will likely be buggy and missing some key features. The following releases (4.1, and 4.2) will be much better and more stable.

Much like the other folks here, I too would like to see a better level of communication from the new osC ownership. Though I am not pressed for the new version's release and don't expect it to be any sort of revolutionary software that will magically propel osCommerce into the ranks of a top-rated cart software.

On a side note, your post is not directed at the new ownership of osC. Without addressing the owner/site-admin, you are simply tossing a message in a bottle into the ocean and hoping that the new owner, Vadym, somehow finds it.

Edited by Demitry

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

• 2 months later...