• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal not charging postage/shipping

pete2007

We use Oscommerce v2.3.4. for some orders (small amount, maybe 1 in 25) PayPal doesn't charge the customer for postage/shipping.

We get this message after payment has been submitted in orders.php

OSCOM Error Total Mismatch: PayPal transaction value (119.17) does not match order value (123.46)

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to fix it?

I have reported it to PayPal technical support but I am still waiting a response.

Thank you in advance.

That can happen if you are using the Express module. With it, the customer goes to paypal for approval of the amount in his cart. If he then changes that amount was back on the site, the order will fail because the new value was not approved.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

30 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

That can happen if you are using the Express module. With it, the customer goes to paypal for approval of the amount in his cart. If he then changes that amount was back on the site, the order will fail because the new value was not approved.

As always thank you for your reply Jack.

Is there anyway to disable/disallow the ability for the customer to change the amount?

9 hours ago, pete2007 said:

Is there anyway to disable/disallow the ability for the customer to change the amount?

I'm sure it could be done but preventing a customer from buying more seems like a bad idea. hen the customer is returned from paypal with the Express module, he is logged in if not already done and then sent to the confirmation page. I suppose you could put a note there telling them that changing the order will cause the charge to fail.

Other than that, I'm not aware of a way to stop it except for switching to the Standard module. That one only shows up on the checkout pages so the amount is final at that point.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

3 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

I'm sure it could be done but preventing a customer from buying more seems like a bad idea. hen the customer is returned from paypal with the Express module, he is logged in if not already done and then sent to the confirmation page. I suppose you could put a note there telling them that changing the order will cause the charge to fail.

Other than that, I'm not aware of a way to stop it except for switching to the Standard module. That one only shows up on the checkout pages so the amount is final at that point.

Thank you Jack