• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving from local server to host for testing

Smoky Barnable

I've spent the last few weeks updating my heavily modified BS Edge shop to PHP 8. I have been working locally on my Xampp server. I decided to continue development on my web host so I created a test folder and secured this folder with a password via my hosts control panel. This works fine and I can access the front end, but having problems logging into the admin. What is the best way to set this up so I can continue testing?  Do I just secure the admin directory the usual way or perhaps it already being in a secured directory is causing some issues?

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

7 hours ago, Smoky Barnable said:

This works fine and I can access the front end, but having problems logging into the admin.

This can happen if you have the admin password protected with a popup and the login is different than the one set for the whole site. The server will log you into the first but when you try to login to the second, it conflicts with what is already present and you get into a loop situation. So remove the popup to the admin if you have one and it should work.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

16 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

This can happen if you have the admin password protected with a popup and the login is different than the one set for the whole site. The server will log you into the first but when you try to login to the second, it conflicts with what is already present and you get into a loop situation. So remove the popup to the admin if you have one and it should work.

Yes, this was the problem. I was getting an endless redirect loop between application_top.php and login.php. Thanks!

The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark. The small truth has words which are clear; the great truth has great silence.

- Rabindranath Tagore

Archived