• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Updating OSC 4.0

nordicsolution

How easy will it be to update OSC 4.0 when a new version comes?
Will the built-in update work? 

I have been using a different system and their update does not work at all so you have to manually update everything. They also don't seem to care about fixing it.

• 3 months later...
On 7/21/2021 at 9:29 AM, nordicsolution said:

How easy will it be to update OSC 4.0 when a new version comes?
Will the built-in update work? 

I have been using a different system and their update does not work at all so you have to manually update everything. They also don't seem to care about fixing it.

We will be looking to have an import tool to move data from osCommerce 2.x to v4, and later other systems. Will keep you posted! 

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2021 at 8:02 PM, osCommerce-Official said:

We will be looking to have an import tool to move data from osCommerce 2.x to v4, and later other systems. Will keep you posted! 

Thanks, I meant that I have been using a non OSC system (opencart) and their update function does not work at all. That's why people don't update their systems so often. I really hope the update will work from 4 onwards.

2 hours ago, nordicsolution said:

Thanks, I meant that I have been using a non OSC system (opencart) and their update function does not work at all. That's why people don't update their systems so often. I really hope the update will work from 4 onwards.

Sure, it is known as a difficult task, but as V4 is very modular, we are working on making it possible to update it in the future in an easy and straight forward way

2 hours ago, osCommerce-Official said:

Sure, it is known as a difficult task, but as V4 is very modular, we are working on making it possible to update it in the future in an easy and straight forward way

I hope its also available via command line, including the ability to install it, then you can automate the install and update process (something Softaculous needs as well)