• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sometimes the attribute is neglected.

It's important to know your osC version and PHP version, because there are certain directory and file structure changes for each osC release.

However, the checkout_process.php is common across most versions and that's where I would look first. It is midstream in the checkout process. I would then check in the database to see if the product attributes are being added via that checkout_process.php file. If not, then the problem is either in that file or upstream somewhere. 

If the product attributes are being added to the database for that order, then the problem is somewhere downstream,.. meaning that the product attributes are not being retrieved from the database to display in the admin panel for that order or in the store-owner order notification email.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

56 minutes ago, Demitry said:

It's important to know your osC version and PHP version, because there are certain directory and file structure changes for each osC release.

However, the checkout_process.php is common across most versions and that's where I would look first. It is midstream in the checkout process. I would then check in the database to see if the product attributes are being added via that checkout_process.php file. If not, then the problem is either in that file or upstream somewhere. 

If the product attributes are being added to the database for that order, then the problem is somewhere downstream,.. meaning that the product attributes are not being retrieved from the database to display in the admin panel for that order or in the store-owner order notification email.

Thanks a lot for your kind assistance.

But it is very particular, in one order, same product the the client orders with different size, but only one size in one item and other items has not information.

The version I am using is bootstrap gold.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

ChunTse

2 hours ago, chuntse said:

The version I am using is bootstrap gold.

What option do you have set for enforce selection ? If it's set to false, change it to true and your problem should be solved. Admin -> Modules -> Content -> Options & Attributes

2 hours ago, Hotclutch said:

What option do you have set for enforce selection ? If it's set to false, change it to true and your problem should be solved. Admin -> Modules -> Content -> Options & Attributes

Thanks for your kind reply.

I think that is not the problem of status of the module  it is enabled. The customer can place orders, but sometimes the option information of the order is missing. I do not know the option information which the customer selected. Then I have to contact the clients to ask them.

That is the reason I post this thread.

ChunTse

8 hours ago, Hotclutch said:

5.png

Yes, the enforce selection was enabled. I will try to debug it by code to see if I can solve this problem. 

Thanks a lot for your help.

ChunTse

Turn on your error log reporting. It might be a sessions issue, though the trouble-shooting process is the same as I mentioned prior.

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

2 hours ago, Demitry said:

Turn on your error log reporting. It might be a sessions issue, though the trouble-shooting process is the same as I mentioned prior.

Do you mean the php error log reporting? But it is live shop, this problem is not occurred frequently. It is happenes sometimes, it is hard to monitor it.

Actually, I always recommend doing any and all testing on a separate development site like a subdomain, and never on the live production site. 

Replicating the issue should not be too difficult. Just replicate the prior order on the development site. 

2 hours ago, Demitry said:

Actually, I always recommend doing any and all testing on a separate development site like a subdomain, and never on the live production site. 

Replicating the issue should not be too difficult. Just replicate the prior order on the development site. 

If the problem cannot be traced out, maybe I can wait for the release of oscommerce v4. When will the oscommerce v4 be released? It is summer time already, Do you know it?

19 hours ago, Hotclutch said:

The status is true after the shop is installed till now. I have not changed the status. I was testing the shop to place the order without selection of option, it warned and the order could not to be placed.

16 minutes ago, chuntse said:

The status is true after the shop is installed till now. I have not changed the status. I was testing the shop to place the order without selection of option, it warned and the order could not to be placed.

I am referring to this setting:

5.png.55c7b00deb2cec9edd6be456a52d7e02.png

If the problem cannot be traced out, maybe I can wait for the release of oscommerce v4. When will the oscommerce v4 be released? It is summer time already, Do you know it?

It's supposed to be this month, but I would not hold my breath. That issue you're having is not a major one. If you cannot resolve it on your own, then hire a programmer and get it fixed. That will likely cost you around $100 to $200, which is well worth it considering all the time you will have to invest into setting-up, configuring, and customizing a new osC software.

Chuntse, please reread my first post in this thread. You misunderstood it. This property works / or has worked for everybody before you, no reason why it should not work for you. Just check the setting I am referring to before you embark on wasting your time.

26 minutes ago, Hotclutch said:

Chuntse, please reread my first post in this thread. You misunderstood it. This property works / or has worked for everybody before you, no reason why it should not work for you. Just check the setting I am referring to before you embark on wasting your time.

This is the setting of the module you mentioned.

Screenshot_2021-06-08-15-31-41.png

41 minutes ago, Demitry said:

It's supposed to be this month, but I would not hold my breath. That issue you're having is not a major one. If you cannot resolve it on your own, then hire a programmer and get it fixed. That will likely cost you around $100 to $200, which is well worth it considering all the time you will have to invest into setting-up, configuring, and customizing a new osC software.

I will get a copy to local driver to test.

Hopefully I can solve it.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Archived